|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Mrs. Hale after she learns she will be moving to Milton?
(b) Mr. Hale.
2. What does Dr. Donaldson tell Margaret about her mother's health after he visits her for the first time?
(a) That someone is poisoning her.
(b) That she will get better in three to six months.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That she is faking it.
3. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) Her refined dress sense.
(c) The fact that she always has her nose in a book.
(d) Her funny way of speaking.
4. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
(a) Her delightful laugh.
(b) Her long legs.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her stunning red hair.
5. Who does Mr. Hale ask to tell Mrs. Hale about their move to Milton?
(c) Mr. Lennox.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
2. What kind of work has Mr. Hale secured for himself in Milton?
3. From where is Margaret initially watching Mr. Thornton address the striking workers outside of his home?
4. How long has Mrs. Thornton been out and a part of society?
5. Who does Mr. Thornton hire to take over for the striking workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Frederick on trial for?
2. Why is Margaret happy when the men rejoin the conversation at the Thorntons' big dinner party?
3. What about Mr. Thornton's life story does Margaret like?
4. What does Margaret tell Mr. Thornton his workers have a human right to?
5. Why does Mr. Hale leave his job as a reverend?
6. What surprises Margaret about the men in the North?
7. What causes Mr. Hale to faint after he returns home from the dinner party at the Thorntons'?
8. Why does Mr. Hale ask Margaret to tell Mrs. Hale about their move to Milton?
9. What does Mrs. Thornton warn her son about Margaret?
10. Whom does Mrs. Thornton accuse Mr. Thornton of needing to protect him?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)