Short Answer Key
1. In what country does "North and South" take place?
2. Who wrote "North and South"
3. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
4. On what street does Aunt Shaw live?
5. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
6. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
7. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
8. Where is Mrs. Hale originally from?
9. Where is Frederick Hale living when the novel opens?
10. Who is Dixon?
The Hale's servant.
11. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
A letter from Edith.
12. What object do Margaret and Mr. Lennox sketch during his first visit to Helstone?
A squatter's cottage.
13. What relieves the tension after...
This section contains 2,579 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)