|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLVI-LII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work has Mr. Hale secured for himself in Milton?
(a) Being an artist.
(b) Working as a private tutor.
(c) Working in a factory.
(d) Running a school.
2. What does Mr. Thornton challenge the crowd to do to him?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Join him in a jousting match.
(c) Pick him up and throw him into the sea.
(d) Imitate him.
3. What does Margaret confess to her father, after the Thorntons' dinner party, about her opinion of Mr. Thornton?
(a) That she thinks he is secretly in love with her.
(b) That she both fears and respects him.
(c) That she is beginning to like him.
(d) That she think he is as much of an arrogant jerk as ever.
4. How does Mr. Thornton stop the conversation about Margaret that he has with Mr. Bell on the train?
(a) He gets off, even though it's not his proper stop.
(b) He hides behind his newspaper.
(c) He punches Mr. Bell.
(d) He leaves and goes to another car.
5. Why is Bessy annoyed with Margaret upon seeing her after they first met?
(a) Because she stole her boyfriend.
(b) Because she spread rumors about her.
(c) Because she never came to visit.
(d) She is not annoyed, just jealous of her beautiful clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
2. What feelings does Mr. Thornton confess to Margaret after the incident with the striking workers at his home?
3. What about Margaret takes Mr. Thornton aback during the dinner party?
4. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
5. Who is Leonards?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)