|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLVI-LII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Margaret's house to inquire about her health?
(a) Mr. Thornton.
(b) The tailor.
(c) The mailman.
(d) The minister.
2. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
3. What role does Margaret assume for the Boucher children?
(d) Wet nurse.
4. During Frederick's first night home, how does the family interact?
5. What new role does Margaret play in Mr. Thornton's life after Mr. Bell dies?
(a) She is his new landlady.
(b) She can lend him money she didn't have before.
(c) She disappears but sends him a letter pretending she is Mr. Bell every once in a while.
(d) She has no new role in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings does Mr. Thornton confess to Margaret after the incident with the striking workers at his home?
2. What do the women of Milton admire Margaret for?
3. Why does Mr. Thornton want to meet with Margaret after he decides to give up his business?
4. What does Dr. Donaldson tell Mr. Hale about Margaret and Mrs. Hale's health?
5. Who ultimately tells Mrs. Boucher that her husband has died?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)