|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLVI-LII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margaret feel about Frederick's return?
(a) She is delighted.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She can't wait for him to leave again.
(d) She is jealous of him.
2. What about Margaret takes Mr. Thornton aback during the dinner party?
(a) Her lack of manners.
(b) Her rudeness.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her wit.
3. Who does Dixon NOT have respect for?
(a) Mr. Hale.
(d) Mrs. Hale.
4. What does Mrs. Thornton claim Margaret must do to learn something about life?
(a) Get a real job.
(b) Read more books.
(c) Visit a factory.
(d) Work on a farm.
5. What advice does Mrs. Thornton give her daughter about Margaret?
(a) To not become friends with her.
(b) To stick by her, as that girl is going places!
(c) To become friendly so she can steal her money.
(d) To keep an eye out for her; she seems untrustworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nicholas get angry about Margaret's visit to Bessy?
2. Why does Mr. Lennox take Margaret to the seaside?
3. What does Mr. Thornton challenge the crowd to do to him?
4. Where is Mrs. Hale originally from?
5. Who tells Margaret about her father's death?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)