|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLVI-LII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Hale die?
(a) Outside on the sidewalk.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) At home.
(d) On Frederick's famous ship.
2. At the large dinner party with the Lennoxes and Shaws, what does Margaret thank Henry Lennox for?
(a) Helping out her brother.
(b) Helping out with Dixon.
(c) Helping her go through her father's papers.
(d) Helping her out of her family's horrible situation.
3. What does Mr. Hale tell Margaret about her mother's funeral arrangements?
(a) That Mr. Bell will take care of them.
(b) That Mr. Hale will be building the coffin himself.
(c) That they are too poor to have a funeral.
(d) That Margaret herself must take care of everything.
4. From where is Margaret initially watching Mr. Thornton address the striking workers outside of his home?
(a) From the street.
(b) From the attic.
(c) From behind the front door.
(d) From the crowd.
5. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
(a) She reads her poetry.
(b) She talks about religion.
(c) She gives her illegal alcohol.
(d) She sings softly to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thornton claim to need to visit Margaret after the incident with the striking workers at his home?
2. Why does Nicholas need the job with Mr. Thornton?
3. Where does Frederick ultimately decide to live?
4. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
5. Why are the men of the town threatening to go on strike?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)