|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLVI-LII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Thornton react to the news that Margaret was seen at the train station with an unknown man?
(a) She becomes very angry.
(b) She is concerned for her safety.
(c) She is horribly jealous.
(d) She is proud of her.
2. Who requests that the inquest into Leonards' death be stopped?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
(b) Mr. Hale.
(c) Mr. Thornton.
3. What does Mrs. Thornton accuse Margaret of during the confrontation at Margaret's house after Frederick leaves town?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Of seeing another man.
(c) Of not taking her reputation seriously.
(d) Of being a free spirit.
4. Who is Dr. Donaldson?
(a) The doctor interested in dating Margaret.
(b) The doctor who everyone thinks has gone mad.
(c) The doctor recommended by Mrs. Thornton to Mr. Hale.
(d) The doctor charged with giving everyone flu shots.
5. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her stunning red hair.
(d) Her delightful laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
2. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
3. What does Dr. Donaldson tell Mr. Hale about Margaret and Mrs. Hale's health?
4. Whom does Mr. Bell arrange for Margaret to stay with after her father passes away?
5. During dinner at the Hales', who does Mr. Thornton say has an easy life?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)