|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret do after the police inspector comes to her house?
(b) Runs out the back door.
2. What advice does Mrs. Thornton give her daughter about Margaret?
(a) To become friendly so she can steal her money.
(b) To not become friends with her.
(c) To keep an eye out for her; she seems untrustworthy.
(d) To stick by her, as that girl is going places!
3. Why has Leonards come to London?
(a) To arrest Frederick.
(b) To propose to Margaret.
(c) To reunite with his family.
(d) To support Mr. Hale after his wife dies.
4. In what country does "North and South" take place?
(d) Spain and France.
5. Why does Margaret throw herself in front of Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because she wants him to run her over.
(b) She doesn't; she just accidentally trips.
(c) Because she tries to protect him.
(d) Because she is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton?
2. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
3. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
4. What does Fanny decide about Margaret after dining at her house?
5. What other character in "North and South" has a water bed?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)