|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXI-XXXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas get angry about Margaret's visit to Bessy?
(a) Because she might catch and spread Bessy's illness.
(b) Because she is one more mouth to feed.
(c) Because she came uninvited.
(d) Because he does not want his daughter preached to.
2. What feelings does Mr. Thornton confess to Margaret after the incident with the striking workers at his home?
(a) That he is embarrassed she would be seen in public with him.
(b) That he finds her very strange and silly.
(c) That he thinks she has gone mad.
(d) That he loves her.
3. How does the mob react to Margaret's throwing herself in front of Mr. Thornton?
(a) The mob laughs very loudly.
(b) The mob goes silent.
(c) The mob begins to pray for her.
(d) The mob starts to cheer.
4. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
(a) Because she finds her looks threatening.
(b) Because she stole some of her family jewelry.
(c) Because she doesn't see her son as amazing.
(d) Because she was invited to the ball when no one else was.
5. From where is Margaret initially watching Mr. Thornton address the striking workers outside of his home?
(a) From the attic.
(b) From the crowd.
(c) From the street.
(d) From behind the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frederick see about his legal problems?
2. Who tells a police officer that Margaret was at the train station with a young man?
3. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
4. Why has Leonards come to London?
5. Who wrote "North and South"
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)