|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXI-XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) Her delightful laugh.
(c) Her stunning red hair.
(d) Her beauty.
2. What lightens Mrs. Hale's miserable mood after the Hales have begun their journey to Milton?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Remembering shopping for her wedding dress.
(c) Being in London.
(d) Seeing all the fine shops.
3. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
(a) An unnamed reverend.
(b) Professor Barton.
(c) Master Luke.
(d) Captain Lennox.
4. What is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton?
(a) The ghastly wallpaper.
(b) It is way too expensive.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It floods every year in the basement.
5. What does Margaret tell Mr. Hale about Dr. Donaldson's diagnosis of her mother?
(a) That she is faking it.
(b) That she will not make it through the night.
(c) That she has cancer.
(d) That she just needs a rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
2. During dinner with Mr. Thornton at their home, who admits to not liking the dirty air in Milton?
3. What does Dr. Donaldson tell Mr. Hale about Margaret and Mrs. Hale's health?
4. Who does Dixon NOT have respect for?
5. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)