|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XVI-XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Hale ask to tell Mrs. Hale about their move to Milton?
(b) Mr. Lennox.
2. Who is Mr. Thornton?
(a) A weird guy who just wanders around town.
(b) The town reverend.
(c) Margaret's new private tutor.
(d) The owner of the local mill.
3. How long has Mrs. Thornton been out and a part of society?
(a) Since the age of 17.
(b) Her entire life.
(c) Not very long.
(d) Only since her husband ran away with their housemaid.
4. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
(a) Her refined dress sense.
(b) The fact that she always has her nose in a book.
(c) Her funny way of speaking.
(d) Her long legs.
5. What does Mr. Hale think his wife needs to deal with her illness?
(a) Holy water.
(b) A priest.
(c) A trip to Paris.
(d) Another servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bessy, who usually gets invitations to the Thornton's house?
2. During dinner with Mr. Thornton at their home, who admits to not liking the dirty air in Milton?
3. According to Nicholas, why do the workers of the South not strike?
4. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
5. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)