|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XVI-XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Margaret enjoy hanging out with the most during the Thorntons' dinner party?
(a) The kitchen staff.
(b) The butlers.
(c) The women.
(d) The men.
2. What does Mr. Hale think his wife needs to deal with her illness?
(a) A trip to Paris.
(b) Holy water.
(c) Another servant.
(d) A priest.
3. Who is Frederick?
(a) Mrs. Hale's weird cat.
(b) Mrs. Hale's first husband.
(c) Mrs. Hale's first house servant.
(d) Mrs. Hale's brother.
4. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
(a) Her funny way of speaking.
(b) Her refined dress sense.
(c) Her long legs.
(d) The fact that she always has her nose in a book.
5. What kind act has Mary done for Bessy that Margaret sees when she comes for a visit one day?
(a) Given Bessy a pedicure.
(b) Given Bessy a back massage.
(c) Tidies up and put Bessy in front of a roaring fire.
(d) Given Bessy lots of pain medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton solved?
2. What does Margaret note about Mr. Thornton during the Thorntons' dinner party?
3. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
4. What relieves the tension after Mr. Lennox' romantic outburst during his first visit to Helstone to see Margaret?
5. Why does Margaret confront Dr. Donaldson after he visits her mother for the first time?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)