|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XVI-XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bessy, who usually gets invitations to the Thornton's house?
(a) The mayor of Milton.
(b) No one ever gets invtied there.
(c) Members of Parliament and the mayor of Milton.
(d) Members of Parliament.
2. What did Mr. Hale expect Margaret to do when Mr. Thornton told his life story during dinner?
(a) Burst into tears.
(b) Accuse him of being a liar.
(c) Roll her eyes.
(d) Leave the room.
3. How is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton solved?
(a) An exorcism is performed.
(b) The leaky pipes are fixed.
(c) The landlord agrees to reduce the rent.
(d) The landlord paints over the wallpaper.
4. Who is Fanny?
(a) Mrs. Thornton's house servant.
(b) Mrs. Thornton's daughter.
(c) Margaret's piano teacher.
(d) Margaret's new pen pal.
5. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
(a) Beautiful fabric for a new dress.
(b) A letter from Edith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dixon professionally trained as?
2. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
3. According to Nicholas, why do the workers of the South not strike?
4. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
5. Who is Mr. Bell?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)