|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XVI-XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relieves the tension after Mr. Lennox' romantic outburst during his first visit to Helstone to see Margaret?
(a) A broken dish.
(b) The ridiculous-looking dessert.
(c) His early departure for his train.
(d) A funny joke.
2. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
(a) That she is shy and beautiful.
(b) That she is annoying and dumb.
(c) That she is loud and obnoxious.
(d) That she is uppity and rude.
3. Who is Mr. Bell?
(a) A nosy neighbor.
(b) The newspaper delivery man.
(c) An old friend of Mr. Hale.
(d) The man Margaret is in love with when the novel opens.
4. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
(c) Beautiful fabric for a new dress.
(d) A letter from Edith.
5. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
(a) Her funny way of speaking.
(b) Her long legs.
(c) Her refined dress sense.
(d) The fact that she always has her nose in a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret think is the first sign of illness in her mother?
2. Who wrote "North and South"
3. Why does Margaret not immediately tell her father about her mother's diagnosis?
4. What is Mrs. Hale jealous of when it comes to Mr. Hale's tutoring?
5. What does Margaret ask of her mother when she learns she is sick?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)