|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
(a) That she is shy and beautiful.
(b) That she is uppity and rude.
(c) That she is annoying and dumb.
(d) That she is loud and obnoxious.
2. What does Mrs. Thornton claim Margaret must do to learn something about life?
(a) Work on a farm.
(b) Read more books.
(c) Get a real job.
(d) Visit a factory.
3. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
(a) Because she finds her looks threatening.
(b) Because she stole some of her family jewelry.
(c) Because she doesn't see her son as amazing.
(d) Because she was invited to the ball when no one else was.
4. What did Mr. Hale expect Margaret to do when Mr. Thornton told his life story during dinner?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Burst into tears.
(c) Roll her eyes.
(d) Accuse him of being a liar.
5. During dinner with Mr. Thornton at their home, who admits to not liking the dirty air in Milton?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
(d) Mr. Hale.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
2. On what street does Aunt Shaw live?
3. Where is Frederick Hale living when the novel opens?
4. How did Bessy become ill?
5. Who is Mr. Bell?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)