|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
(a) She talks about religion.
(b) She gives her illegal alcohol.
(c) She sings softly to her.
(d) She reads her poetry.
2. Who is Mr. Bell?
(a) An old friend of Mr. Hale.
(b) The newspaper delivery man.
(c) A nosy neighbor.
(d) The man Margaret is in love with when the novel opens.
3. Why is Bessy annoyed with Margaret upon seeing her after they first met?
(a) Because she never came to visit.
(b) She is not annoyed, just jealous of her beautiful clothes.
(c) Because she spread rumors about her.
(d) Because she stole her boyfriend.
4. What is Mrs. Hale jealous of when it comes to Mr. Hale's tutoring?
(a) The money he makes while she is not allowed to work.
(b) His ability to leave the house and travel.
(c) His close relationship with Mr. Thornton.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
5. Why does Nicholas get angry about Margaret's visit to Bessy?
(a) Because she might catch and spread Bessy's illness.
(b) Because he does not want his daughter preached to.
(c) Because she is one more mouth to feed.
(d) Because she came uninvited.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first dinner at the Hales' home, what does Mr. Thornton obsess about with Margaret?
2. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
3. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
4. Who wrote "North and South"
5. Who is Bessy?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)