|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his first dinner at the Hales' home, what does Mr. Thornton obsess about with Margaret?
(a) The bracelet she is wearing.
(b) The way her hair is done.
(c) Her lipstick.
(d) Her beautiful singing voice.
2. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
(a) She sings softly to her.
(b) She reads her poetry.
(c) She gives her illegal alcohol.
(d) She talks about religion.
3. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
(a) Her stunning red hair.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her long legs.
(d) Her delightful laugh.
4. How long has Mrs. Thornton been out and a part of society?
(a) Only since her husband ran away with their housemaid.
(b) Since the age of 17.
(c) Her entire life.
(d) Not very long.
5. Why is Bessy annoyed with Margaret upon seeing her after they first met?
(a) She is not annoyed, just jealous of her beautiful clothes.
(b) Because she stole her boyfriend.
(c) Because she never came to visit.
(d) Because she spread rumors about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nicholas get angry about Margaret's visit to Bessy?
2. What do the women of Milton admire Margaret for?
3. What lightens Mrs. Hale's miserable mood after the Hales have begun their journey to Milton?
4. During dinner with Mr. Thornton at their home, who admits to not liking the dirty air in Milton?
5. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)