|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind act has Mary done for Bessy that Margaret sees when she comes for a visit one day?
(a) Tidies up and put Bessy in front of a roaring fire.
(b) Given Bessy a back massage.
(c) Given Bessy a pedicure.
(d) Given Bessy lots of pain medicine.
2. Why are the men of the town threatening to go on strike?
(a) Because they want women to join them.
(b) Because they want to improve their work situation.
(c) Because they think Mr. Hale should pay for their lunches.
(d) Because they don't want the factory shut down.
3. Who is Fanny?
(a) Margaret's new pen pal.
(b) Mrs. Thornton's daughter.
(c) Margaret's piano teacher.
(d) Mrs. Thornton's house servant.
4. Why does Nicholas get angry about Margaret's visit to Bessy?
(a) Because she came uninvited.
(b) Because he does not want his daughter preached to.
(c) Because she might catch and spread Bessy's illness.
(d) Because she is one more mouth to feed.
5. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Master Luke.
(c) An old, blind neighbor.
(d) Mr. Lennox.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
2. Who is Dixon?
3. During the tense argument between Mr. THronton and the Hales during their first dinner together, what does Mr. Hale change the topic to to relieve the tension?
4. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
5. Who comforts Mrs. Hale after she learns she will be moving to Milton?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)