|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Bell?
(a) The man Margaret is in love with when the novel opens.
(b) An old friend of Mr. Hale.
(c) The newspaper delivery man.
(d) A nosy neighbor.
2. Who wrote "North and South"
(a) Edward Gaskell.
(b) Elizabeth Gaskell.
(c) Eleanor Gaskell.
(d) Edmund Gaskell.
3. Where is Mrs. Hale originally from?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
(a) That she is loud and obnoxious.
(b) That she is shy and beautiful.
(c) That she is annoying and dumb.
(d) That she is uppity and rude.
5. Who is Mr. Bell?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A landlord.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
2. When Mr. Hale begins tutoring in Milton, who is his oldest and best student?
3. Where do the Hales stop for a few days on their way to Milton?
4. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
5. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)