|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
(c) Beautiful fabric for a new dress.
(d) A letter from Edith.
2. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) Her refined dress sense.
(c) Her funny way of speaking.
(d) The fact that she always has her nose in a book.
3. What object do Margaret and Mr. Lennox sketch during his first visit to Helstone?
(a) A squatter's cottage.
(b) Small wildflowers that are in bloom.
(c) A flowing stream.
(d) A wild deer.
4. Who is Mr. Bell?
(a) The man Margaret is in love with when the novel opens.
(b) An old friend of Mr. Hale.
(c) A nosy neighbor.
(d) The newspaper delivery man.
5. What is Mrs. Hale jealous of when it comes to Mr. Hale's tutoring?
(a) The money he makes while she is not allowed to work.
(b) His ability to leave the house and travel.
(c) His close relationship with Mr. Thornton.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Hale begins tutoring in Milton, who is his oldest and best student?
2. Who wrote "North and South"
3. What kind of work has Mr. Hale secured for himself in Milton?
4. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
5. Who comforts Mrs. Hale after she learns she will be moving to Milton?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)