|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does "North and South" take place?
(d) Spain and France.
2. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
(c) New York City.
3. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
4. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
(a) Her refined dress sense.
(b) Her long legs.
(c) The fact that she always has her nose in a book.
(d) Her funny way of speaking.
5. Who comforts Mrs. Hale after she learns she will be moving to Milton?
(c) Mr. Hale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
2. During dinner at the Hales', who does Mr. Thornton say has an easy life?
3. What lightens Mrs. Hale's miserable mood after the Hales have begun their journey to Milton?
4. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
5. Who is Bessy?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)