|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hale feel about not hearing the news of her move to Milton from her husband directly?
2. Who is Mr. Thornton?
(a) The owner of the local mill.
(b) The town reverend.
(c) Margaret's new private tutor.
(d) A weird guy who just wanders around town.
3. During Mr. Lennox' first visit to Margaret in Helstone, what does he bring her?
(b) A letter from Edith.
(c) Beautiful fabric for a new dress.
4. Who is Mr. Bell?
(a) The newspaper delivery man.
(b) The man Margaret is in love with when the novel opens.
(c) An old friend of Mr. Hale.
(d) A nosy neighbor.
5. Who is Dixon?
(a) The neighbor's cat.
(b) Margaret's pet cat.
(c) A nosy neighbor.
(d) The Hale's servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
2. Who wrote "North and South"
3. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
4. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
5. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)