|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner with Mr. Thornton at their home, who admits to not liking the dirty air in Milton?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
(d) Mr. Hale.
2. Where is Frederick Hale living when the novel opens?
(c) Buenos Aires.
3. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) The fact that she always has her nose in a book.
(c) Her funny way of speaking.
(d) Her refined dress sense.
4. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
(d) New York City.
5. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
(a) Mr. Lennox.
(b) Master Luke.
(c) An old, blind neighbor.
(d) Mr. Barton.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner at the Hales', who does Mr. Thornton say has an easy life?
2. How does Mrs. Hale feel about not hearing the news of her move to Milton from her husband directly?
3. When the novel opens, who is Edith engaged to?
4. Who is Mr. Bell?
5. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)