|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Hale originally from?
(b) Buenos Aires.
(c) Washington, D.C.
2. What do the women of Milton admire Margaret for?
(a) Her fashionable shoes.
(b) Her bright makeup.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her beautiful shawls.
3. Who wrote "North and South"
(a) Eleanor Gaskell.
(b) Edmund Gaskell.
(c) Edward Gaskell.
(d) Elizabeth Gaskell.
4. What is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton?
(a) It floods every year in the basement.
(b) It is haunted.
(c) The ghastly wallpaper.
(d) It is way too expensive.
5. During dinner at the Hales', who does Mr. Thornton say has an easy life?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lightens Mrs. Hale's miserable mood after the Hales have begun their journey to Milton?
2. In what country does "North and South" take place?
3. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
4. What relieves the tension after Mr. Lennox' romantic outburst during his first visit to Helstone to see Margaret?
5. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)