|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does "North and South" take place?
(a) Spain and France.
2. During the tense argument between Mr. THronton and the Hales during their first dinner together, what does Mr. Hale change the topic to to relieve the tension?
(a) A recent editorial in the newspaper.
(b) His distrust of Parliament.
(c) The English soccer team.
(d) The weather.
3. What is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It floods every year in the basement.
(c) The ghastly wallpaper.
(d) It is way too expensive.
4. What relieves the tension after Mr. Lennox' romantic outburst during his first visit to Helstone to see Margaret?
(a) A broken dish.
(b) The ridiculous-looking dessert.
(c) A funny joke.
(d) His early departure for his train.
5. What kind of work has Mr. Hale secured for himself in Milton?
(a) Being an artist.
(b) Working as a private tutor.
(c) Running a school.
(d) Working in a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner with Mr. Thornton at their home, who admits to not liking the dirty air in Milton?
2. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
3. When Mr. Hale begins tutoring in Milton, who is his oldest and best student?
4. What gets Margaret noticed upon her arrival in Milton?
5. Who is Dixon?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)