|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLI-XLV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret do after the police inspector comes to her house?
(c) Runs out the back door.
2. What does Margaret ask of her mother when she learns she is sick?
(a) To be allowed to go out more.
(b) To inherit her jewelry.
(c) To be her nurse.
(d) To be written into the will.
3. Why does Frederick not contact Margaret when he is in London?
(a) Because he is trying to steal his part of the inheritance.
(b) Because he lost Margaret's phone number.
(c) Because he knows people are looking for him.
(d) Because he hates Margaret.
4. Why does the entire Hale household stay up all night after Margaret and Mr. Hale return from the Thorntons' dinner party?
(a) To wait for Mr. Thornton to arrive and propose to Margaret.
(b) To catch up on gossip.
(c) To keep watch over Mr. Hale.
(d) To keep guard against intruders.
5. What does Margaret tell Mrs. Thornton about the man she was at the train station with?
(a) She says it's none of Mrs. Thornton's business who she dates.
(b) She confesses it was her fugitive brother.
(c) She lies and says she is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Thornton stop the conversation about Margaret that he has with Mr. Bell on the train?
2. Why does Mr. Thornton claim to need to visit Margaret after the incident with the striking workers at his home?
3. What does Dr. Donaldson tell Mr. Hale about Margaret and Mrs. Hale's health?
4. Who does Frederick see about his legal problems?
5. Why is Mr. Thornton building a dining room for his workers?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)