|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLI-XLV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas get angry about Margaret's visit to Bessy?
(a) Because she is one more mouth to feed.
(b) Because she might catch and spread Bessy's illness.
(c) Because she came uninvited.
(d) Because he does not want his daughter preached to.
2. Why has Leonards come to London?
(a) To reunite with his family.
(b) To propose to Margaret.
(c) To arrest Frederick.
(d) To support Mr. Hale after his wife dies.
3. What does Margaret do after the police inspector comes to her house?
(b) Runs out the back door.
4. What causes Frederick to leave town in a hurry?
(a) His sudden illness.
(b) His friend's sudden illness back in Spain.
(c) The crime he commits at the train station.
(d) The fact that at least one person is looking for him.
5. Why are the men of the town threatening to go on strike?
(a) Because they want to improve their work situation.
(b) Because they don't want the factory shut down.
(c) Because they want women to join them.
(d) Because they think Mr. Hale should pay for their lunches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton?
2. When Mr. Hale begins tutoring in Milton, who is his oldest and best student?
3. What one request does Mrs. Hale make as her life comes to an end?
4. What role does Margaret assume for the Boucher children?
5. What are the names of Frederick's children?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)