|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLI-XLV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Margaret assume for the Boucher children?
(b) Wet nurse.
2. What does Mr. Thornton challenge the crowd to do to him?
(a) Join him in a jousting match.
(b) Pick him up and throw him into the sea.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Imitate him.
3. What does Mrs. Thornton accuse Margaret of during the confrontation at Margaret's house after Frederick leaves town?
(a) Of not taking her reputation seriously.
(b) Of being a free spirit.
(c) Of seeing another man.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
(a) New York City.
5. Where does Mrs. Hale die?
(a) On Frederick's famous ship.
(b) At home.
(c) Outside on the sidewalk.
(d) In the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nicholas get angry about Margaret's visit to Bessy?
2. Why does Margaret not immediately tell her father about her mother's diagnosis?
3. Whom does Mr. Bell arrange for Margaret to stay with after her father passes away?
4. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
5. Where does Frederick ultimately decide to live?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)