|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
(a) She gives her illegal alcohol.
(b) She talks about religion.
(c) She reads her poetry.
(d) She sings softly to her.
2. Who spends most of the time talking to Fanny during dinner at the Hales'?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
(d) Mr. Hale.
3. In what country does "North and South" take place?
(d) Spain and France.
4. On what street does Aunt Shaw live?
(a) Harley Street.
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) An unnamed country road.
(d) Magdalena Avenue.
5. What did Mr. Hale expect Margaret to do when Mr. Thornton told his life story during dinner?
(a) Accuse him of being a liar.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Roll her eyes.
(d) Burst into tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Bell?
2. Who confesses his love to Margaret after they fetch pears from the garden?
3. In what city does Aunt Shaw live?
4. When Mr. Hale begins tutoring in Milton, who is his oldest and best student?
5. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)