|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object do Margaret and Mr. Lennox sketch during his first visit to Helstone?
(a) A flowing stream.
(b) Small wildflowers that are in bloom.
(c) A wild deer.
(d) A squatter's cottage.
2. When the novel opens, where does the Hale family live?
3. During dinner at the Hales', who does Mr. Thornton say has an easy life?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
4. What does Fanny decide about Margaret after dining at her house?
(a) That she is just delightful.
(b) That she is no good.
(c) That she is someone she wants to be friends with.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What does Mrs. Thornton claim Margaret must do to learn something about life?
(a) Work on a farm.
(b) Read more books.
(c) Get a real job.
(d) Visit a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frederick?
2. What do the women of Milton admire Margaret for?
3. Who is Mr. Thornton?
4. What is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton?
5. What kind act has Mary done for Bessy that Margaret sees when she comes for a visit one day?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)