|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Hale expect Margaret to do when Mr. Thornton told his life story during dinner?
(a) Accuse him of being a liar.
(b) Burst into tears.
(c) Roll her eyes.
(d) Leave the room.
2. What kind of work has Mr. Hale secured for himself in Milton?
(a) Being an artist.
(b) Working in a factory.
(c) Working as a private tutor.
(d) Running a school.
3. Why is Bessy annoyed with Margaret upon seeing her after they first met?
(a) Because she spread rumors about her.
(b) Because she never came to visit.
(c) Because she stole her boyfriend.
(d) She is not annoyed, just jealous of her beautiful clothes.
4. Who does Mr. Hale ask to tell Mrs. Hale about their move to Milton?
(b) Mr. Lennox.
5. How does Mrs. Hale feel about not hearing the news of her move to Milton from her husband directly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Hales stop for a few days on their way to Milton?
2. What relieves the tension after Mr. Lennox' romantic outburst during his first visit to Helstone to see Margaret?
3. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
4. How long has Mrs. Thornton been out and a part of society?
5. Who wrote "North and South"
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)