|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI-XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) The ghastly wallpaper.
(c) It floods every year in the basement.
(d) It is way too expensive.
2. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
(a) She gives her illegal alcohol.
(b) She reads her poetry.
(c) She talks about religion.
(d) She sings softly to her.
3. What does Mrs. Thornton claim Margaret must do to learn something about life?
(a) Get a real job.
(b) Work on a farm.
(c) Visit a factory.
(d) Read more books.
4. Who is Mary?
(a) Bessy's auntie.
(b) Bessy's mother.
(c) Bessy's daughter.
(d) Bessy's sister.
5. What kind of work has Mr. Hale secured for himself in Milton?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Running a school.
(c) Being an artist.
(d) Working as a private tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hale jealous of when it comes to Mr. Hale's tutoring?
2. During the tense argument between Mr. THronton and the Hales during their first dinner together, what does Mr. Hale change the topic to to relieve the tension?
3. Who wrote "North and South"
4. Who is Dixon?
5. Who is Fanny?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)