|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXVI-XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret note about Mr. Thornton during the Thorntons' dinner party?
(a) How authoritative he sounds.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) How rich he is.
(d) How rude he is.
2. What did Mr. Hale expect Margaret to do when Mr. Thornton told his life story during dinner?
(a) Accuse him of being a liar.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Roll her eyes.
(d) Burst into tears.
3. What advice does Mrs. Thornton give her daughter about Margaret?
(a) To not become friends with her.
(b) To keep an eye out for her; she seems untrustworthy.
(c) To stick by her, as that girl is going places!
(d) To become friendly so she can steal her money.
4. What is the name of Frederick's young new wife?
(b) This is a trick question; he has no young new wife.
5. How does Nicholas feel about books?
(a) He thinks they have secret messages inside.
(b) He is afraid of them because he can't read.
(c) He doesn't trust them.
(d) He worships them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind act has Mary done for Bessy that Margaret sees when she comes for a visit one day?
2. Why does Margaret not immediately tell her father about her mother's diagnosis?
3. Who is Frederick?
4. Why does Margaret throw herself in front of Mr. Thornton?
5. Why does Mrs. Hale ask Mrs. Thornton to look after Margaret?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)