|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXVI-XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would make Mrs. Thornton like Margaret even more?
(a) If she were from Milton.
(b) If she were a little smarter.
(c) If she weren't so bossy.
(d) If she were prettier.
2. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
(a) Because she was invited to the ball when no one else was.
(b) Because she doesn't see her son as amazing.
(c) Because she stole some of her family jewelry.
(d) Because she finds her looks threatening.
3. Who spends most of the time talking to Fanny during dinner at the Hales'?
(a) Mr. Hale.
(b) Mrs. Hale.
4. Who does Mr. Thornton hire to take over for the striking workers?
(b) Irish workers.
(d) No one.
5. Who is Mr. Bell?
(a) A landlord.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bessy, who usually gets invitations to the Thornton's house?
2. How does the mob react to Margaret's throwing herself in front of Mr. Thornton?
3. Where do the Hales stop for a few days on their way to Milton?
4. Who informs Margaret that Bessy has died?
5. According to Bessy, what have Nicholas' previous strikes led to?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)