|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXVI-XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
(a) She sings softly to her.
(b) She talks about religion.
(c) She reads her poetry.
(d) She gives her illegal alcohol.
2. What does Mrs. Thornton claim Margaret must do to learn something about life?
(a) Read more books.
(b) Get a real job.
(c) Work on a farm.
(d) Visit a factory.
3. What lightens Mrs. Hale's miserable mood after the Hales have begun their journey to Milton?
(a) Being in London.
(b) Seeing all the fine shops.
(c) Remembering shopping for her wedding dress.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. Who asks Mrs. Thornton to visit the dying Mrs. Hale?
(c) Mr. Hale.
(d) Mr. Thornton.
5. From where is Margaret initially watching Mr. Thornton address the striking workers outside of his home?
(a) From the street.
(b) From behind the front door.
(c) From the attic.
(d) From the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the tense argument between Mr. THronton and the Hales during their first dinner together, what does Mr. Hale change the topic to to relieve the tension?
2. During Frederick's first night home, how does the family interact?
3. What does Dr. Donaldson tell Mr. Hale about Margaret and Mrs. Hale's health?
4. Who unlocks the door for Mr. Thornton as he prepares to address the angry mob outside his home?
5. How does Mrs. Hale feel about her son's return to the Hale house?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)