|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXVI-XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Hale household decide about a water bed and Mrs. Hale?
(a) That the one she has is the only thing keeping her from death's door.
(b) That the one she has is making her sicker.
(c) That the one she has could be sold for a lot of money.
(d) That she needs one for her health.
2. How long does Mrs. Hale live after Frederick arrives home?
(a) She dies that night.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
3. According to Bessy, what have Nicholas' previous strikes led to?
(a) More problems than they're worth.
(b) Better treatment at the mills.
(d) More money for the family.
4. What kind of food does Mr. Thornton buy for the dying Mrs. Hale?
(b) Cherry liquor.
5. Why does Margaret not immediately tell her father about her mother's diagnosis?
(a) He will not cope well with the news.
(b) He will think she is faking it.
(c) He will become incredibly angry at all of them.
(d) She wants to change the will first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
2. Where do the Hales stop for a few days on their way to Milton?
3. What does Bessy's sister ask Margaret to do after Bessy dies?
4. Who does Nicholas throw violently across the room after Bessy dies?
5. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)