|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXVI-XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Donaldson tell Mr. Hale about Margaret and Mrs. Hale's health?
(a) That Margaret was right in keeping it a secret.
(b) That Margaret is probably the person poisoning Mrs. Hale.
(c) That Mrs. Hale rants against Margaret in her sleep.
(d) That Margaret would make a great nurse.
2. Why does Mrs. Thornton curse Margaret when she first hears about her?
(a) Because she was invited to the ball when no one else was.
(b) Because she stole some of her family jewelry.
(c) Because she finds her looks threatening.
(d) Because she doesn't see her son as amazing.
3. During the tense argument between Mr. THronton and the Hales during their first dinner together, what does Mr. Hale change the topic to to relieve the tension?
(a) A recent editorial in the newspaper.
(b) The English soccer team.
(c) His distrust of Parliament.
(d) The weather.
4. During his first dinner at the Hales' home, what does Mr. Thornton obsess about with Margaret?
(a) The bracelet she is wearing.
(b) Her lipstick.
(c) The way her hair is done.
(d) Her beautiful singing voice.
5. Who is Dr. Donaldson?
(a) The doctor interested in dating Margaret.
(b) The doctor who everyone thinks has gone mad.
(c) The doctor charged with giving everyone flu shots.
(d) The doctor recommended by Mrs. Thornton to Mr. Hale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret ask of her mother when she learns she is sick?
2. When Mr. Hale begins tutoring in Milton, who is his oldest and best student?
3. What is Mr. Thornton's first impression of Margaret?
4. During dinner with Mr. Thornton at their home, who admits to not liking the dirty air in Milton?
5. According to Nicholas, why do the workers of the South not strike?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)