|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXVI-XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends most of the time talking to Fanny during dinner at the Hales'?
(b) Mr. Hale.
(d) Mrs. Hale.
2. How is the one problem with the house Mr. Hale and Margaret pick out in Milton solved?
(a) The leaky pipes are fixed.
(b) The landlord paints over the wallpaper.
(c) An exorcism is performed.
(d) The landlord agrees to reduce the rent.
3. What do the men of Milton admire Margaret for?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her stunning red hair.
(d) Her delightful laugh.
4. Who is Frederick?
(a) Mrs. Hale's first house servant.
(b) Mrs. Hale's first husband.
(c) Mrs. Hale's weird cat.
(d) Mrs. Hale's brother.
5. Why does Mrs. Hale ask Mrs. Thornton to look after Margaret?
(a) Because shse thinks her husband is an idiot.
(b) Because Margaret has a tendency to disregard the rules.
(c) Because she will need a mother.
(d) Because she knows she needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mrs. Thornton been out and a part of society?
2. What does Margaret tell Mr. Hale about Dr. Donaldson's diagnosis of her mother?
3. What does Margaret think is the first sign of illness in her mother?
4. When Mr. Hale begins tutoring in Milton, who is his oldest and best student?
5. What kind act has Mary done for Bessy that Margaret sees when she comes for a visit one day?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)