|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Mrs. Thornton about the man she was at the train station with?
(b) She lies and says she is having an affair.
(c) She says it's none of Mrs. Thornton's business who she dates.
(d) She confesses it was her fugitive brother.
2. How does the narrator describe Mrs. Thornton's presence when going to dinner at the Hales'?
(a) As drunk.
(b) As eager to make new friends.
(c) As shy.
(d) As loud and obnoxious.
3. Who convinces Nicholas not to move to the South?
(a) Nicholas himself.
(b) Mr. Thornton.
(c) Mr. Hale.
4. Why does Margaret throw herself in front of Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because she tries to protect him.
(b) She doesn't; she just accidentally trips.
(c) Because she wants him to run her over.
(d) Because she is in love with him.
5. What does Mr. Thornton challenge the crowd to do to him?
(a) Imitate him.
(b) Pick him up and throw him into the sea.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Join him in a jousting match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bessy annoyed with Margaret upon seeing her after they first met?
2. What does Margaret say to Mr. Thornton about her throwing herself in front of him before the crowd of striking workers?
3. What does the Hale household decide about a water bed and Mrs. Hale?
4. What do Margaret and Mr. Hale talk about during their walk back from the Thorntons' dinner party?
5. How does Mrs. Boucher react to the news that her husband is dead?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)