|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margaret get a message to her brother?
(a) By mail.
(b) She cannot get any messages to him.
(c) Through a spy.
(d) Through a homing pigeon.
2. What does Mr. Thornton challenge the crowd to do to him?
(a) Pick him up and throw him into the sea.
(b) Join him in a jousting match.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Imitate him.
3. Why is Mr. Thornton afraid to hire Nicholas?
(a) Because he steals things all the time.
(b) Because he is a powerful union man.
(c) Because he will bully other workers at the mill.
(d) Because he has a raging temper.
4. Who looks after the Boucher children while Mrs. Boucher is ill?
(a) Mr. Hale.
(d) Mr. Thornton.
5. How long has Mrs. Thornton been out and a part of society?
(a) Since the age of 17.
(b) Her entire life.
(c) Only since her husband ran away with their housemaid.
(d) Not very long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Mrs. Thornton about the man she was at the train station with?
2. How long does Nicholas wait with the porter to ask Mr. Thornton for a job?
3. Who is Dr. Donaldson?
4. Why does the entire Hale household stay up all night after Margaret and Mr. Hale return from the Thorntons' dinner party?
5. What does Mrs. Thornton claim Margaret must do to learn something about life?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)