|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret throw herself in front of Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because she tries to protect him.
(b) Because she is in love with him.
(c) Because she wants him to run her over.
(d) She doesn't; she just accidentally trips.
2. What does the Hale household decide about a water bed and Mrs. Hale?
(a) That the one she has is making her sicker.
(b) That she needs one for her health.
(c) That the one she has is the only thing keeping her from death's door.
(d) That the one she has could be sold for a lot of money.
3. Who calls a doctor for Mrs. Boucher when she becomes ill?
(b) Mr. Thornton.
(c) Mr. Hale.
4. Why does Nicholas need the job with Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because he wants to look after Boucher's family.
(b) Because he wants to buy jewelry for Margaret.
(c) Because he is severely in debt.
(d) Because he is homeless.
5. Who does Mr. Thornton hire to take over for the striking workers?
(a) No one.
(d) Irish workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margaret comfort Bessy when she visits her at home for the first time?
2. From where is Margaret initially watching Mr. Thornton address the striking workers outside of his home?
3. Why are the men of the town threatening to go on strike?
4. Who is Mary?
5. How does Margaret get a message to her brother?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)