|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Margaret initially watching Mr. Thornton address the striking workers outside of his home?
(a) From behind the front door.
(b) From the attic.
(c) From the street.
(d) From the crowd.
2. Why does the entire Hale household stay up all night after Margaret and Mr. Hale return from the Thorntons' dinner party?
(a) To wait for Mr. Thornton to arrive and propose to Margaret.
(b) To keep guard against intruders.
(c) To keep watch over Mr. Hale.
(d) To catch up on gossip.
3. Who walks in on Margaret just as she is complaining about Mr. Thornton's not giving Nicholas a job?
(a) The union president.
(b) Mrs. Thornton.
(c) Mr. Hale.
(d) Mr. Thornton himself.
4. Why does Margaret want to see Mr. Thornton after Boucher has died?
(a) She wants to accuse him of murder.
(b) She is worried about his taking the news too hard.
(c) She wants to know his opinon of her.
(d) She needs to beg him for a job.
5. Why does Nicholas need the job with Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because he is severely in debt.
(b) Because he wants to look after Boucher's family.
(c) Because he wants to buy jewelry for Margaret.
(d) Because he is homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bessy annoyed with Margaret upon seeing her after they first met?
2. Why does Nicholas ask Mr. Thornton for work?
3. Who is Dr. Donaldson?
4. What does Margaret confess to her father, after the Thorntons' dinner party, about her opinion of Mr. Thornton?
5. What does Margaret say to Mr. Thornton about her throwing herself in front of him before the crowd of striking workers?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)