|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Thornton challenge the crowd to do to him?
(a) Join him in a jousting match.
(b) Imitate him.
(c) Pick him up and throw him into the sea.
(d) Beat him.
2. Why does Margaret throw herself in front of Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because she tries to protect him.
(b) Because she is in love with him.
(c) She doesn't; she just accidentally trips.
(d) Because she wants him to run her over.
3. Who ultimately tells Mrs. Boucher that her husband has died?
(c) Mr. Hale.
(d) A police officer.
4. Who unlocks the door for Mr. Thornton as he prepares to address the angry mob outside his home?
(c) Mrs. Thornton.
5. What does Mrs. Thornton accuse Margaret of during the confrontation at Margaret's house after Frederick leaves town?
(a) Of not taking her reputation seriously.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Of being a free spirit.
(d) Of seeing another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mrs. Thornton's presence when going to dinner at the Hales'?
2. Who is Mary?
3. How does Mrs. Boucher react to the news that her husband is dead?
4. How did Bessy become ill?
5. Who spends most of the time talking to Fanny during dinner at the Hales'?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)