|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Mrs. Thornton give her daughter about Margaret?
(a) To become friendly so she can steal her money.
(b) To keep an eye out for her; she seems untrustworthy.
(c) To stick by her, as that girl is going places!
(d) To not become friends with her.
2. Who does Mr. Thornton hire to take over for the striking workers?
(a) No one.
(b) Irish workers.
3. Who is Frederick?
(a) Mrs. Hale's brother.
(b) Mrs. Hale's first husband.
(c) Mrs. Hale's weird cat.
(d) Mrs. Hale's first house servant.
4. What does Margaret tell Mrs. Thornton about the man she was at the train station with?
(a) She lies and says she is having an affair.
(b) She says it's none of Mrs. Thornton's business who she dates.
(c) She confesses it was her fugitive brother.
5. What does Margaret think is the first sign of illness in her mother?
(a) Her red cheeks.
(b) The blisters that develop on her hands.
(c) Her terrible headaches.
(d) Her confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other character in "North and South" has a water bed?
2. What false errand does Margaret apologize for sending Nicholas on?
3. What one request does Mrs. Hale make as her life comes to an end?
4. What does Mrs. Thornton claim Margaret must do to learn something about life?
5. How did Bessy become ill?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)