|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXXVI-XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas need the job with Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because he is homeless.
(b) Because he wants to look after Boucher's family.
(c) Because he is severely in debt.
(d) Because he wants to buy jewelry for Margaret.
2. Who writes a letter of reference for work for Nicholas?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
(b) Mr. Hale.
(c) Mr. Thornton.
(d) Mrs. Thornton.
3. Why does Nicholas ask Mr. Thornton for work?
(a) Because Margaret suggested he ask.
(b) Because he is unemployed.
(c) Because he has a letter of recommendation from Mr. Hale.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. Who is Fanny?
(a) Margaret's new pen pal.
(b) Mrs. Thornton's daughter.
(c) Mrs. Thornton's house servant.
(d) Margaret's piano teacher.
5. Who unlocks the door for Mr. Thornton as he prepares to address the angry mob outside his home?
(c) Mrs. Thornton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary?
2. Who does Mr. Thornton hire to take over for the striking workers?
3. What does Margaret think is the first sign of illness in her mother?
4. Who ultimately tells Mrs. Boucher that her husband has died?
5. What kind act has Mary done for Bessy that Margaret sees when she comes for a visit one day?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)