|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say Loki lives in "The Players"?
2. What does Loki ask Freya to borrow in "Freya's Unusual Wedding"?
3. Where is the high throne that Odin sits upon in "The Players"?
4. Who wrote Myths of the Norsemen?
5. What is the name of the second-eldest son born to Loki and Sigyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alfheimr refer to?
2. Who has stolen Thor's hammer in "Freya's Unusual Wedding"? Why?
3. What does Yggrdrasil refer to?
4. How is Freya described in "Freya's Unusual Wedding"?
5. What are the treasures created for the gods in "The Treasures of the Gods"?
6. How does Loki manage to trick the builder in "The Master Builder"?
7. What is the offer that the gods agree to offer the stranger in "The Master Builder"?
8. Who are Eitri and Brokker?
9. Who is Thor? What are Thor's powers?
10. Who is Loki and what are his main characteristics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Ragnarok. What does this word mean? How is it foretold in the stories? What is expected to occur in Ragnarok?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of "the Other" as demonstrated in the stories of Norse Mythology. What peoples, creatures, or groups are discriminated against? Why? What morals or lessons arise from these stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Norse creation story. From what did the world and the gods arise? How many worlds are there in Norse mythology? What connects these worlds?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)