|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what land across the rainbow bridge were instructions given to the dwarfs on how to create the chain called Gleipnir?
2. What name do Odin, Ve, and Vili give to the man they create from the log?
3. What is the name of Thor's belt of strength?
4. What is the name of the second-eldest son born to Loki and Sigyn?
5. Who defends the gods and goddesses against the stranger in "The Master Builder"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say Loki lives in "The Players"?
2. Who wrote Myths of the Norsemen?
3. What does the author claim Loki's real weapon is in "The Players"?
4. Where is the high throne that Odin sits upon in "The Players"?
5. What is the name of Sif's son from before her marriage to Thor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yggrdrasil refer to?
2. Describe the setting of Asgard. Who lives here?
3. What is the initial offer of the stranger in "The Master Builder"?
4. Who has stolen Thor's hammer in "Freya's Unusual Wedding"? Why?
5. Who is Loki and what are his main characteristics?
6. What/who is Ymir and how does this figure into Norse mythology?
7. What is the outcome of the plot in "Freya's Unusual Wedding"?
8. What are the nine worlds of Norse mythology and who lives in each?
9. How is Freya described in "Freya's Unusual Wedding"?
10. Who is Heimdall and what role does he play in the plot of "Freya's Unusual Wedding"?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)