|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of logs do Odin, Vili, and Ve find at the edge of the sea in "Before the Beginning, and After"?
(a) Willow and pine.
(b) Oak and sycamore.
(c) Manzanita and elm.
(d) Ash and elm.
2. Whose hand in marriage does the stranger ask for in exchange for building the wall in "The Master Builder"?
3. What is the name of the stranger's stallion in "The Master Builder"?
4. What is the name of Thor's belt of strength?
5. Who was Ymir's grandson who survived the flood of Ymir's blood?
6. What does Loki ask Freya to borrow in "Freya's Unusual Wedding"?
(a) Her wedding veil.
(b) Her ring.
(c) Her necklace from the Brisings.
(d) Her feathered cloak.
7. What does the stranger turn out to be in "The Master Builder"?
(a) A bridge troll.
(b) A witch.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A mountain giant.
8. Whom did Odin send to find and create the chain called Gleipnir?
9. What is the name of Loki's eldest son born to Sigyn in "The Children of Loki"?
10. What pulls Freya's chariot?
(a) Two cats.
(b) A stallion.
(c) A golden boar.
(d) Two goats.
11. What is referred to as the dark world to the north in "Before the Beginning, and After"?
12. What was the last of the six things gathered by the dwarfs in making Gleipnir?
(a) The footsteps of a cat.
(b) The spittle of a bird.
(c) The whisper of a dragon.
(d) The sound of a bird.
13. Where does the author say Loki lives in "The Players"?
14. Who was Loki's father said to be?
15. Who is described as the comforter and goddess of marriages in Norse mythology?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hel name her knife when she is led to the lightless world?
2. Who is the Norse goddess of wisdom?
3. Who did Bor marry and have three sons with?
4. What is the name of the second-eldest son born to Loki and Sigyn?
5. What is Odin's golden arm-ring called?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)