|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Apples of Immortality" - "Hymir and Thor's Fishing Expedition".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger turn out to be in "The Master Builder"?
(a) A mountain giant.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A bridge troll.
(d) A witch.
2. What is Gullinbursti?
(a) A boar with golden bristles.
(b) The largest ship in the world.
(c) A tree of life.
(d) A sword that fights by itself.
3. How does the author say Odin appears when he walks amongst mortals?
(a) As a tall man wearing a cloak and hat.
(b) As a woman wearing a long veil.
(c) As a wolf with golden fangs.
(d) As the wind and as tornadoes.
4. Author Neil Gaiman describes reading the adventures of the Mighty Thor as depicted by what American comics artist when he was a child?
(a) Jack Kirby.
(b) Roger Lancelyn Green.
(c) Mary Addams Thompson.
(d) James Wilder.
5. What was Naglfar made of?
(a) The saliva of the gods.
(b) The untrimmed hair of the dead.
(c) Thor's hammer.
(d) The untrimmed fingernails of the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author claim Loki's real weapon is in "The Players"?
2. What is the name of the stranger's stallion in "The Master Builder"?
3. What is the name of Sif's son from before her marriage to Thor?
4. Where does the author say Loki lives in "The Players"?
5. What is the name of the squirrel that lives in the world-tree?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)