|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Mead of Poets" - "Thor's Journey to the Land of the Giants".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Suttung's daughter?
2. Where is the high throne that Odin sits upon in "The Players"?
3. Who is described as the comforter and goddess of marriages in Norse mythology?
4. Whom does the king of the giants say Thor may wrestle in "Thor's Journey to the Land of the Giants"?
5. What animal does Odin transform into when he flees Gunnlod's mountain?
(a) A vulture.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hand in marriage does the stranger ask for in exchange for building the wall in "The Master Builder"?
2. For what Norse goddess is Friday named?
3. Whom did Odin send to find and create the chain called Gleipnir?
4. What did the gods do to resolve their truce in "The Mead of Poets"?
5. Who is described as the god of poetry in "The Master Builder"?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)