"The Players" - "The Treasures of the Gods"
• Note: Citations and references in this Lesson Plan refer to the following version of the book: Gaiman, Neil. Norse Mythology. W.W. Norton & Company, 2017.
• In his Introduction, author Neil Gaiman describes his love of Norse mythology growing up and its inspiration in his life and writing.
• “The Players” is the first story in the collection. This story, like all but the last one, is related from a third-person narrator in the past tense.
• The narrator sets up the main three gods in the stories he has included in this collection and gives their basic back-stories.
• Odin is the highest and oldest of all of the gods. He is wise and knows many secrets.
• Odin sacrificed one of his eyes for wisdom. He also sacrificed himself to himself for knowledge of runes and for power.
• Odin is referred to as the...
This section contains 3,384 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)