|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who formed the idea that the brain controls the central nervous system?
2. Who is the grandfather of psychodynamic therapy?
3. Right-side brain activation is tied to high baseline levels of what?
4. What senator was the first to introduce mental health legislation?
(a) Paul Wellstone.
(b) Bill Clay.
(c) Pete Domenici.
(d) Tipper Gore.
5. How old was Lolly when she began to be abused?
(d) Three months.
6. What season do most suicides take place?
7. What is Angel's last name?
8. How many children is Lolly responsible for?
9. What university is Thomas Crowe from?
10. In a study using video games, depressives could accurately give what information?
(a) How many monsters they had killed.
(b) How long they had played.
(c) Every chracter's name.
(d) What kinds of weapons they used.
11. From whom do we get the first true description of psychoanalysis?
(a) Adolf Meyer.
(b) Henry Maudsley.
(c) Karl Abraham.
(d) Emil Kraeplin.
12. Veterans of what war make up a large part of the homeless population in the U.S.?
(b) Desert Storm.
(d) The Cold War.
13. What percent of deaths in 1998 are attributed to suicides?
(a) Eight percent.
(b) Two percent.
(c) Nineteen percent.
(d) .3 percent.
14. How much money do state and federal governments spend for poor adults and their children each year?
(a) $4 billion.
(b) $900 million.
(c) $20 billion.
(d) $300 million.
15. Depression is most closely tied to what feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first and only member of Congress to share their own mental health problems?
2. When was depression first identified?
3. What topic has Richard J. Davidson been working with?
4. What university is Richard J. Davidson from?
5. What mental illness does Paul Wellstone's brother suffer from?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)