|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the executive director of the Mental Health Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania?
(a) Lynn Rivers.
(b) Andrew Goldstein.
(c) Russel Weston.
(d) Joe Rogers.
2. From whom do we get the first true description of psychoanalysis?
(a) Emil Kraeplin.
(b) Adolf Meyer.
(c) Karl Abraham.
(d) Henry Maudsley.
3. Who is the grandfather of psychodynamic therapy?
4. What question has been largely ignored in the medical field regarding depression?
5. What is Angel's last name?
6. In Richard J. Davidson's work, how often does he take photos of the brain?
(a) Every half second.
(b) Every eighty seconds.
(c) Every two and a half seconds.
(d) Every three minutes.
7. What day do many suicides take place?
8. When was depression first identified?
(a) The beginning of time.
(b) Puritan times.
(c) Middle ages.
(d) Ancient times.
9. What mental illness does Paul Wellstone's brother suffer from?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
10. What is the strongest factor in predicting suicide?
(a) Previous attempts.
(b) Talking about it.
(d) Family history.
11. The evolution of the condition of depression can be divided into how many stages?
12. Who wrote Mourning and Melancholia?
13. What university is Thomas Crowe from?
14. Ancient Greeks believed depression was caused by bile of what color?
15. How much money does Solomon think the government could save per year by treating depressed people who are not working?
(a) $15 billion.
(b) $5.5 million.
(c) $3.5 billion.
(d) $125 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a study using video games, depressives could accurately give what information?
2. How many groups of suicides are there?
3. According to Solomon, what is the opposite of depression?
4. What is Angel covered from head to toe in?
5. How much money do state and federal governments spend for poor adults and their children each year?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)