|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The suicide rate when up in the U.S. after the suicide of who?
(a) Kurt Cobain.
(b) Dave Garroway.
(c) Brynn Hartman.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
2. Angel is the youngest in a family of how many?
3. Who suggested that suicide was a murderous impulse toward another person?
4. Who is the grandfather of psychodynamic therapy?
5. Freud says melancholic people have a keener eye for what?
6. According to Solomon, what is the opposite of depression?
(a) Peace of mind.
7. What group has the highest suicide rate?
(a) Men under 30.
(b) Men over 65.
(c) Women over 80.
(d) Women under 20.
8. Who formed the idea that the brain controls the central nervous system?
9. When did the term "depression" come to be?
10. What is Angel's last name?
11. What condition does Angel develop?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Colon cancer.
12. Who wrote Mourning and Melancholia?
13. Depression is most closely tied to what feeling?
14. What university is Thomas Crowe from?
15. Who came up with four suicide types that are no longer used today?
(a) Michael Owens.
(b) Emile Durkheim.
(c) Antonio Longoria.
(d) Arnold Schwartz.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Richard J. Davidson's work, how often does he take photos of the brain?
2. How many groups of suicides are there?
3. Who is the first and only member of Congress to share their own mental health problems?
4. How far into writing this book is Solomon when he realizes the purpose for writing it?
5. What is Angel covered from head to toe in?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)