|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matt the leader of at school?
2. What is the title of Chapter 24?
3. What does Travis's father relate to Travis about his job in Chapter 29?
4. Where does Travis go with his friends in Chapter 35?
5. Where does Cate take Travis on their second meeting in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the author fails to address some of the scientific and philosophic aspects in Travis's story?
2. At what point in Chapter 36 does the climax of the narrative occur? Why is this the climax of the story?
3. What does Cate surprise Travis with in Part 6, Chapter 23?
4. How does Travis describe his family's Christmas celebration in Chapter 27?
5. What circumstances are noted when Cate leaves Travis's home in Chapter 27?
6. How does Chapter 26 stand in juxtaposition to the other chapters in the novel?
7. How is Travis's outlook described in the beginning of Chapter 34?
8. What does Travis learn from his father regarding his parents' divorce in Chapter 27?
9. What is significant about the chapter title of Chapter 34?
10. What are examples of foreshadowing seen in Chapters 26-28? What do they foretell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Lawrence Ramsey. What is the basis of Travis's friendship with Lawrence? How old is Ramsey and where does he live? What advice does Ramsey give to Travis?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of the past, present, and future in Noggin. How do these themes manifest through Travis's character? How does the author use symbolism and imagery to develop these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Audrey in the narrative. How has Audrey changed during Travis's "death"? Who is interested in Audrey romantically? Whom is Audrey dating?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)