|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Travis, Kyle, Cate, and Hatton in Chapter 35?
2. What is the title of Chapter 33?
3. How old does Travis claim to still be in Chapter 36?
4. What does Cate promise to buy for Travis in Chapter 23?
5. What is the title of Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Travis doing in the beginning of Chapter 35? Who is he with?
2. What news does Travis learn from Kyle in Chapter 27?
3. What transformation does Travis undergo in Chapter 35?
4. Why do you think the author fails to address some of the scientific and philosophic aspects in Travis's story?
5. What is revealed in the phone conversation with Travis in the beginning of Chapter 33?
6. How is Travis's outlook described in the beginning of Chapter 34?
7. What connection/conversation did Travis and Cate have in Part 6, Chapter 23
8. What happens when Travis can't beat his old high shcool in the video game in Part 6, Chapter 25?
9. What does Travis learn from his father regarding his parents' divorce in Chapter 27?
10. What is the memory that Travis relates in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Kyle in the novel. For how long has Travis known Kyle? Why is their relationship strained after Travis's reanimation? What is the secret Kyle has been hiding?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss several examples of irony in Noggin. What are examples of verbal irony in the story? What are examples of dramatic or situational irony? What purpose does irony serve in each example?
Essay Topic 3
How is the novel's title illuminated in the narrative? When does "Noggin" appear in the text? From what character? Why do you think the author chose this title for the book?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)