|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hatton drop Travis off for his meeting with Cate in Chapter 33?
2. Travis's mother tells him that the sick version of him could probably do what, in Chapter 34?
3. Where does Travis sleep and find comfort in Chapter 34?
4. How old does Travis claim to still be in Chapter 36?
5. What does Jeremy's mother ask Travis to do in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transformation does Travis undergo in Chapter 35?
2. How is Travis's outlook described in the beginning of Chapter 34?
3. What is described in the novel's Epilogue?
4. Why do you think the author fails to address some of the scientific and philosophic aspects in Travis's story?
5. What do Travis and his mother discuss when Travis returns home in Chapter 28?
6. What does Travis decide in the Retro Room in Part 6, Chapter 24?
7. What actions does Travis take in unraveling the mysetery of his father in Chapter 27?
8. What news does Travis learn from Kyle in Chapter 27?
9. Where does Travis ask Hatton to drive him in Chapter 32? Why?
10. What does the conflict between Travis and Turner signify in the narrative?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Travis's friendship with Hatton in the novel. When and where does Travis meet Hatton? How is Hatton similar to Travis's other friends? How is he different?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Kyle in the novel. For how long has Travis known Kyle? Why is their relationship strained after Travis's reanimation? What is the secret Kyle has been hiding?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the chapter titles throughout Noggin. What relationship do the chapter titles have to the actions or dialogue in the story? Why do you think the author has chosen to title each chapter in this manner? Are there exceptions?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)