|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Travis moved away from his college campus in Chapter 27?
2. When does Cate say she will be in touch with Travis when she leaves in Chapter 27?
3. What is Chapter 35's title?
4. What word from the narrative refers to intense, passionate emotion?
5. What items from the movie theater does Travis lament he no longer has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Travis doing in the beginning of Chapter 35? Who is he with?
2. What does Cate surprise Travis with in Part 6, Chapter 23?
3. How does Travis respond when his friends try to convince him of the foolishness of what he's about to do in Chapter 32?
4. What is the memory that Travis relates in Chapter 26?
5. What do Travis and his mother discuss when Travis returns home in Chapter 28?
6. How is Travis's outlook described in the beginning of Chapter 34?
7. What is described in the novel's Epilogue?
8. What interaction do Travis and Kyle have in Part 6, Chapter 24 regarding Cate?
9. What does Travis decide in the Retro Room in Part 6, Chapter 24?
10. What is significant about the chapter title of Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of the past, present, and future in Noggin. How do these themes manifest through Travis's character? How does the author use symbolism and imagery to develop these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Kyle in the novel. For how long has Travis known Kyle? Why is their relationship strained after Travis's reanimation? What is the secret Kyle has been hiding?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the plot structure of Noggin. Where in the narrative are the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and denouement? How does the structure of the narrative relate to other novels you've read?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)