|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the body-donor die of that donated his body for Travis's surgery?
2. Who makes a toast to Travis during dinner in Chapter 14?
3. What is the title of Chapter 7?
4. What is the title of Chapter 22?
5. What is the title of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Travis respond when he encounters Cate in Chapter 17?
2. What does Travis discuss with Dr. Saranson in Chapter 10?
3. What are some examples of foreshadowing seen in Chapters 5-9?
4. How are the themes of the past, the present, and friendship developed in Chapters 14-18?
5. How is Travis's encounter with Cate described in Chapter 21?
6. What happens when Travis and Hatton arrive at the karaoke bar in Chapter 17?
7. How are the themes of the past and present deveoped in Chapters 19-22?
8. What does Kyle confess in Chapter 22?
9. What does Travis remark about his friendship with Hatton in Chapter 20? What leads to this?
10. How does Travis describe Thanksgiving dinner in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of obsession in Noggin. How is this theme manifested through Travis's character and his actions? How is the theme developed through symbolism and imagery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Travis Coates as the protagonist of Noggin. How old is Travis? What are Travis's objectives, actions, and obstacles in the course of the story? How does Travis's character evolve as the plot progresses?
Essay Topic 3
What does Travis remark about his decision to be cryogenically frozen throughout the narrative? How do his feelings change about this decision? Whom does Travis feel he made the decision for?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)