|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hatton's last name?
2. What is the title of Chapter 2?
3. What does Kyle tearfully confess in Chapter 22?
4. How many siblings does Travis have?
5. Where does Travis go to see a movie with his parents in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What themes are developed in the subplot relating to Kyle's secret in the narrative?
2. How does the title of the book come into play in Chapter 7? Who uses this name?
3. What does Travis remark about his friendship with Hatton in Chapter 20? What leads to this?
4. What is Travis's objective in Chapter 16? How does he go about achieving that objective?
5. What plot elements are established in Chapters 1-4?
6. How is Travis's trip to the movie theater described in Chapter 13?
7. How does Travis respond when he encounters Cate in Chapter 17?
8. What happens when Travis and Hatton arrive at the karaoke bar in Chapter 17?
9. What are some examples of foreshadowing seen in Chapters 5-9?
10. How is Travis's encounter with Cate described in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of obsession in Noggin. How is this theme manifested through Travis's character and his actions? How is the theme developed through symbolism and imagery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Cate, Glen, and Janice. When does Travis encounter each of these characters after his reanimation? How would you describe their relationships to Travis? What do these characters signify in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Travis Coates as the protagonist of Noggin. How old is Travis? What are Travis's objectives, actions, and obstacles in the course of the story? How does Travis's character evolve as the plot progresses?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)