|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 1?
2. What is the title of Chapter 13?
3. With whom does Cate say she needs to talk things over before seeing Travis in Chapter 22?
4. Travis considers that his situation and the circumstances of his friends are what in Chapter 22?
5. Whom does Hatton want to ask out in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Cate relate to Travis in Chapter 18?
2. How does Travis respond to the "fan mail" he reads in Chapter 10?
3. What is Travis's objective in Chapter 16? How does he go about achieving that objective?
4. To whom does Travis reach out for help and advice in Chapter 4? What advice is he given?
5. What does Cate say to Travis when she calls him in Chapter 19?
6. What are some examples of foreshadowing seen in Chapters 5-9?
7. What memory does Travis have in flashback in Chapter 20?
8. What inner conflict does Travis face in Chapter 12? How does he address this conflict?
9. How are the themes of the past, the present, and friendship developed in Chapters 14-18?
10. How is Travis's trip to the movie theater described in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Kyle in the novel. For how long has Travis known Kyle? Why is their relationship strained after Travis's reanimation? What is the secret Kyle has been hiding?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Travis's ashes in Noggin. Where does Travis discover his ashes? How does he respond? What do Travis's friends make of the ashes? What becomes of them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Travis's friendship with Hatton in the novel. When and where does Travis meet Hatton? How is Hatton similar to Travis's other friends? How is he different?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)