|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Travis ask Hatton to take him in Chapter 32?
(a) To a movie theater.
(b) To a bank.
(c) To a jewelry store.
(d) To a bakery.
2. Where does Travis take out the box of letters from in Chapter 34?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) His closet.
(c) The bathroom cabinet.
(d) The kitchen cabinet.
3. Whose car is gone when Cate leaves in Chapter 27?
(a) Cate's car.
(b) Hatton's car.
(c) Travis's mother's car.
(d) Travis's father's car.
4. What is the title of Chapter 33?
(a) "The Impossible."
(b) "Singing Her a Love Song."
(c) "No Questions Asked."
(d) "Open Your Eyes."
5. What does Travis ask to see when he is at Cate's home in Chapter 36?
(a) Her bookcase.
(b) Her video games.
(c) Her computer.
(d) Her painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 27?
2. What do Travis and his friends call Jeremy's mother in Chapter 35?
3. What is Matt the leader of at school?
4. With whom has Kyle moved in Chapter 27?
5. Who painted “The Great Wave off Kanagawa”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Travis respond when his friends try to convince him of the foolishness of what he's about to do in Chapter 32?
2. What is revealed in the phone conversation with Travis in the beginning of Chapter 33?
3. What is described in the novel's Epilogue?
4. How does Travis describe his family's Christmas celebration in Chapter 27?
5. What happens when Travis can't beat his old high shcool in the video game in Part 6, Chapter 25?
6. What does Travis learn from his father regarding his parents' divorce in Chapter 27?
7. What advice does Lawrence Ramsey offer to Travis in Chapter 29?
8. How is Travis's outlook described in the beginning of Chapter 34?
9. What actions does Travis take in unraveling the mysetery of his father in Chapter 27?
10. What are examples of foreshadowing seen in Chapters 26-28? What do they foretell?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)