|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Travis's head kept cryogenically frozen?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
2. Whom does Travis try to convince to call Cate in Chapter 8?
3. What is the title of Chapter 22?
(a) "It's That Easy."
(b) "The Impossible."
(c) "Hiding from It."
(d) "Where it Matters."
4. What does Travis's mother suggest he get to hide his scar in Chapter 6?
(b) A necklace.
(d) A bow-tie.
5. Where does Travis go to see a movie with his parents in Chapter 13?
(a) The Moon Theater.
(b) The Arena Theater.
(c) The Ritz Theater.
(d) The Triton Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 18?
2. What does Kyle tearfully confess in Chapter 22?
3. What was Lawrence Ramsey in a commercial for, according to Travis's father in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of Cate's father?
5. What illness leads to Travis's "death"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the painting that Travis recalls in Chapter 8?
2. How are the scientific elements of Travis's transplant described in the narrative?
3. How are the themes of the past, the present, and friendship developed in Chapters 14-18?
4. What happens when Travis and Hatton arrive at the karaoke bar in Chapter 17?
5. What plot elements are established in Chapters 1-4?
6. How is Travis's encounter with Cate described in Chapter 21?
7. How does the title of the book come into play in Chapter 7? Who uses this name?
8. What is the symbolic or metaphorical significance of Travis's experience at the movie theater in Chapter 13?
9. How does Travis respond to the "fan mail" he reads in Chapter 10?
10. What themes are developed in the subplot relating to Kyle's secret in the narrative?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)