|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis's father teaching him to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Drive a car.
(b) Sail a boat.
(d) Algebra functions.
2. Where is Lawrence Ramsey from?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) New Brunswick, New Jersey.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Denver, Colorado.
3. Where does Travis live?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Oxford, Mississippi.
(d) Kansas City, Missouri.
4. What neighborhood in Kansas City's Country Club District does Travis describe in Chapter 3?
(b) Upper Springs.
5. What does Cate say she is no longer doing in Chapter 21?
(b) Making jewelry.
(c) Writing novels.
(d) Writing poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is celebrated in Chapter 14?
2. What word from Chapter 13 means a thing that causes disgust or hatred?
3. Where does Travis go to see a movie with his parents in Chapter 13?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
5. Who calls Travis in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What themes are developed in the subplot relating to Kyle's secret in the narrative?
2. What memory does Travis have in flashback in Chapter 20?
3. What does Kyle confess in Chapter 22?
4. What thoughts and actions does Travis describe in the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Travis discuss with Dr. Saranson in Chapter 10?
6. What is one of the major themes that is developed in the first chapters of the book? How is it developed?
7. How does Travis describe Thanksgiving dinner in Chapter 14?
8. What does Travis remark about his friendship with Hatton in Chapter 20? What leads to this?
9. What is Travis's objective in Chapter 16? How does he go about achieving that objective?
10. How is Travis's encounter with Cate described in Chapter 21?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)