|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Travis's head kept cryogenically frozen?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What month is it in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Whom does Travis say he wants to win back in Chapter 15?
4. Who is the doctor that proposes the idea of freezing Travis's head after his death?
(a) Dr. Richardson.
(b) Dr. Saranson.
(c) Dr. English.
(d) Dr. Peters.
5. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) "Where it Matters."
(b) "You Again."
(c) "Come Back."
(d) "Scar and All."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Travis have?
2. What is the name of Cate's mother?
3. What does Kyle tearfully confess in Chapter 22?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
5. Whom does Travis see for a checkup in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Travis's encounter with Cate described in Chapter 21?
2. What is the symbolic or metaphorical significance of Travis's experience at the movie theater in Chapter 13?
3. How does the title of the book come into play in Chapter 7? Who uses this name?
4. What plot elements are established in Chapters 1-4?
5. What does Kyle confess in Chapter 22?
6. What themes are developed in the subplot relating to Kyle's secret in the narrative?
7. How are the scientific elements of Travis's transplant described in the narrative?
8. How does Travis respond to the "fan mail" he reads in Chapter 10?
9. Whom does Travis go to see in Chapter 11? What do they discuss?
10. What does Travis remark about scarves in Chapter 6?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)