|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kyle tearfully confess in Chapter 22?
(a) That he has stolen Travis's wallet.
(b) That he is gay.
(c) That he is going to prison.
(d) That he killed his sister.
2. What theater do Travis and his parents pass as they return home from the hospital in Chapter 2?
(a) Kaufman Center for the Performing Arts.
(b) Arena Stage.
(c) Cleveland Play House.
(d) Paper Mill Playhouse.
3. From whom do Travis and Hatton borrow a car in Chapter 16?
(a) Travis's father.
(b) Hatton's brother.
(c) Travis's mother.
(d) Hatton's mother.
4. What does Hatton say "is the only way for some people to be happy" in Chapter 12?
5. Travis says in Chapter 9, “you can find ways to be okay with dying, but you can’t" what?
(a) "Adjust to actually doing it."
(b) "Let go of the grief of life."
(c) "Let your family down."
(d) "Fake your way through life."
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness leads to Travis's "death"?
2. What is the title of Chapter 2?
3. Who makes a toast to Travis during dinner in Chapter 14?
4. What is the title of Chapter 12?
5. What word from Chapter 14 refers to a speech or writing in praise for one who has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cate say to Travis when she calls him in Chapter 19?
2. What is Travis's objective in Chapter 16? How does he go about achieving that objective?
3. How is Travis's trip to the movie theater described in Chapter 13?
4. What plot elements are established in Chapters 1-4?
5. How does Travis respond to the "fan mail" he reads in Chapter 10?
6. What is the significance of the painting that Travis recalls in Chapter 8?
7. To whom does Travis reach out for help and advice in Chapter 4? What advice is he given?
8. What inner conflict does Travis face in Chapter 12? How does he address this conflict?
9. What are some examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 1-4?
10. How are the scientific elements of Travis's transplant described in the narrative?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)