|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hatton's father's profession?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a butcher.
(d) He is a veterinarian.
2. Whom does Travis call for advice in Chapter 33?
(a) Philip Franklin.
(d) Lawrence Ramsey.
3. What do Travis and his friends do with his ashes in Chapter 35?
(a) They scatter them by a small pond.
(b) They scatter them next to Travis's father's grave.
(c) They spread them across Travis's uncle's grave.
(d) They spread them on the grave of Jeremy Pratt.
4. Which of his friends does Travis intend to introduce to Hatton first in Chapter 24?
5. Where does Travis go with his friends in Chapter 35?
(a) A burger place.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A movie theater.
6. What items from the movie theater does Travis lament he no longer has?
(a) Ticket takers.
(b) Popcorn makers.
(c) Theater seats.
7. What does Cate say about Turner in Chapter 35?
(a) His nose is broken.
(b) She has left him.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) He has left her.
8. What does Travis do with the box he takes from the Christian Youth Group in Chapter 31?
(a) He puts it in the attic.
(b) He gives it to Cate.
(c) He puts it in his closet.
(d) He burns it.
9. What video game is Travis playing in the Epilogue?
(b) "New Vice City."
(c) "Space Invaders."
10. Into what room does Travis go at the arcade to play his favorite video game in Chapter 24?
(a) The White Room.
(b) The Game Room.
(c) The Future Room.
(d) The Retro Room.
11. Where is Travis in the Epilogue?
(a) A church.
(b) His father's apartment.
(c) Arnie's Arcade.
(d) His mother's house.
12. What is the title of Chapter 23?
(a) "Too Complicated To Explain."
(b) "Advanced Studies in Cranial Reanimation."
(c) "A Place like High School."
(d) "Hiding from It."
13. What does Travis purchase in Chapter 32?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A shawl.
14. What do Travis and his friends call Jeremy's mother in Chapter 35?
(a) Mrs. Anderson.
(b) Mrs. Pratt.
(c) Mrs. James.
(d) Mrs. Thompson.
15. What word from the novel refers to evil or pertaining to trouble?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinced Travis's parents to hide their divorce from Travis until he had adjusted?
2. How old does Travis claim to still be in Chapter 36?
3. What is the title of Chapter 24?
4. Where do Travis and Cate go out in Chapter 23?
5. Where do Cate and Travis go after they meet up in Chapter 23?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)