Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted Estelle to have a baby?
2. Where did Estelle go with Roger?
3. Whom did Inez fall in love with on Earth?
4. What is Inez referring to in the following passage: "Far better. Crueler. [It] looks quite diabolical that way."
5. What does Inez tell Estelle she wants?
Inez proclaims herself cruel, saying "I'm your lark-mirror, my dear, and you can't escape me....There isn't any pimple, not a trace of one. So what about it? Suppose the mirror started telling lies? Or suppose I covered my eyes--as he is doing--and refused to look at you."
1. Contextualize this passage in terms of the section of the scene it comes from: What is happening when Inez says it?
2. Analyze what role the mirror symbol plays in this section. Why use this symbol right now?
3. What does it demonstrate about Garcin's relationship to Estelle?
Write an essay entitled Being Responsible for My Own Actions. In the essay deal with the way my actions more than my words reveal my character. This essay requires a great deal of honesty.
Write a two-page character analysis of Garcin. Discuss his weakness and how he comes across as less than a real man.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)