Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 2, Estelle rebukes Garcin for...
2. Estelle says that she is in the room...
3. How many bronze statues are there?
4. Who is the second character to enter the room?
5. What makes Garcin think there is no need for sleep in this place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that cause tension between Inez and Garcin?
2. Describe the room in which Garcin finds himself at the beginning of the play.
3. Why does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as cruel?
4. Is one of these characters is more truthful than the other two? If so, which one?
5. What is Garcin's question about calling the valet?
6. What condition does Inez put down for not torturing Garcin?
7. Gaining the upper hand, how does Inez treat Garcin?
8. What is Estelle's suggestion for getting back at Inez?
9. After Estelle sees Olga at the dance, she asks Garcin to hold her. Why?
10. What is Inez guilty of?
Write an essay about staging the play NO EXIT. Describe the furniture you would use, the costuming you would select, and the props you would need.
Write an essay entitled A Person Wrapped Up in Himself/Herself. Discuss in your essay how a person like Estelle who only thinks of her own comfort and pleasure creates discontent in the people he or she comes in contact with.
Write an essay on the idea that people always die too soon or too late. Explain what each condition means and give examples of the points you are making.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)