|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Estelle attracted to?
2. Which character(s) refers to Estelle as "the child"?
(a) Inez only.
(c) Garcin only.
(d) Garcin and Inez.
3. How does Garcin describes Estelle's eyes?
(a) Soft and slimy.
(c) Blue as the sky.
4. Where did Estelle go with Roger?
5. Who says that s/he is "rotten to the core"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance does Garcin tells Estelle he does not do?
2. Whom is Estelle watching down on Earth?
3. What was Estelle's lover's name?
4. Who calls Garcin a brute?
5. What item does Estelle ask the others for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Inez guilty of?
2. How does Garcin feel when Estelle tells him that it does not matter if he is a coward as long as he kisses well?
3. Why did Garcin flee to Mexico, and what does it have to do with cowardice?
4. What does Garcin mean when he says that he can see where talking to each other will lead?
5. Although both Inez and Garcin pressure Estelle into telling them why she is in the room, at the end of the section, why is Estelle only angry with Inez and not Garcin?
6. Why do you think that Estelle is flattered by Inez attention, even after she knows that Inez is being cruel?
7. Sartre uses a mirror as a symbol in Part 3. Describe how the mirror is important to understanding the character of Estelle.
8. Why does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as cruel?
9. Why does Estelle shed no actual tears when she cries?
10. What do you think is the worst thing Garcin did to his wife?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)