|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is attracted to Estelle?
2. Who calls Garcin a brute?
3. Which character killed herself by gas poisoning?
4. Who asks Inez to forget her role as a torturer?
5. What does Estelle want from Garcin?
(a) His jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance does Garcin tells Estelle he does not do?
2. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
3. Who is judging Garcin?
4. Why is Estelle upset by what Olga is saying to Peter?
5. Garcin asks Estelle if she could do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think of Inez's promise to not do Garcin any harm if he leaves her and Estelle in peace?
2. If Inez does not seem to care about her appearance, why does she normally carry a mirror?
3. Why did Garcin say he treated his wife so badly?
4. What is Inez guilty of?
5. Do you think that Garcin really would prefer physical torture? Which would you prefer--physical or mental anguish of this kind?
6. Why is it significant that Garcin's colleagues have called him a coward?
7. Although both Inez and Garcin pressure Estelle into telling them why she is in the room, at the end of the section, why is Estelle only angry with Inez and not Garcin?
8. What does Garcin mean when he says that he can see where talking to each other will lead?
9. What does Sartre demonstrate about Garcin when he interrupts his kissing Estelle to listen in to what his colleagues are saying?
10. Why does the image of a young couple making love in her apartment so upset Inez?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)