|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character claims, at first, not to know why s/he would be in the room?
2. Whom does Garcin call a swine?
(b) His wife.
(c) His mistress.
(d) A police officer.
3. What does Garcin want as he tries to go out of the room?
(a) to look for some stairs
(b) to cool off emotionally
(c) any person he can appeal to
(d) any physical torture rather than this emotional torture
4. What had happened to Estelle's young lover?
(a) he left for another woman
(b) he tried to murder her husband
(c) he died in a shipwreck
(d) he committed suicide
5. Now what is Garcin's challenge to Estelle and Inez?
(a) to try and contact the living
(b) to be completely honest about why they're there
(c) to think of some parlor games they could play
(d) to stay silent for one full day
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inez call Estelle to try and win her over?
2. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
3. What was Garcin's ultimate military position?
4. What does Garcin suggest when Estelle makes advances to him?
5. When a mirror cannot be found, what does Inez do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)