|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
2. In Estelle's vision, the dancers are dancing which dance when they turn out the lights?
(a) The Waltz.
(b) The Jitterbug.
(c) The Charleston.
(d) The Tango.
3. If he could be back with them for one day, where would Garcin fling their lie?
(a) In their teeth.
(b) In their face.
(c) Off a bridge.
(d) In the dumpster.
4. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
(a) Because she wants stretch out on Estelle's couch.
(b) Because she is cold.
(c) To make Garcin jealous.
(d) To serve as her mirror.
5. Garcin wishes he had been placed in a room full of what?
(d) His mistresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Garcin want to face death courageously?
2. Why can't Estelle see herself properly in Inez's eyes?
3. Who is judging Garcin?
4. What dance does Garcin tells Estelle he does not do?
5. Which character sits with his/her hands over his ears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think of Inez's promise to not do Garcin any harm if he leaves her and Estelle in peace?
2. How does Garcin feel when Estelle tells him that it does not matter if he is a coward as long as he kisses well?
3. What do you think is the worst thing Garcin did to his wife?
4. Why does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as cruel?
5. Do you think that Garcin really would prefer physical torture? Which would you prefer--physical or mental anguish of this kind?
6. Why did Garcin say he treated his wife so badly?
7. What does Garcin mean when he says that he can see where talking to each other will lead?
8. Why does Estelle shed no actual tears when she cries?
9. What is Inez guilty of?
10. Why do you think that Inez would rather deal with hell face to face?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)