|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Inez really die?
(a) Her cousin pushed her out a window.
(b) She was hit by a tram.
(c) She shot herself.
(d) Gas poisoning.
2. Who calls Garcin a brute?
3. What item does Estelle ask the others for?
(a) Breath mints.
(b) Reading material.
(c) A pocket mirror.
4. Why is Inez upset by her vision in Part 4?
(a) Florence is back together with her husband.
(b) The post office closed down.
(c) A man is sitting on her bed.
(d) A single woman is renting her room.
5. What does Estelle want from Garcin?
(c) His jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
2. Which character killed herself by gas poisoning?
3. Who mocks Estelle by calling her "my crystal"?
4. Inez is glad the she and Estelle will...
5. In Estelle's vision, the dancers are dancing which dance when they turn out the lights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Estelle so upset when she sees Olga tell one of her lovers the truth?
2. Why do you think that Inez would rather deal with hell face to face?
3. What does Garcin mean when he says that he can see where talking to each other will lead?
4. Do you think that Garcin really would prefer physical torture? Which would you prefer--physical or mental anguish of this kind?
5. If Inez does not seem to care about her appearance, why does she normally carry a mirror?
6. In this section of the play, Estelle asks Garcin to hold her. Why?
7. What do you think of Inez's promise to not do Garcin any harm if he leaves her and Estelle in peace?
8. How is Inez's volunteering to be the mirror for Estelle symbolic?
9. What do you think is the worst thing Garcin did to his wife?
10. What is Inez guilty of?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)