|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Garcin a brute?
2. What does Estelle want from Garcin?
(b) His jacket.
3. Who asks Inez to forget her role as a torturer?
4. Whom did Inez fall in love with on Earth?
(a) Her husband's cousin.
(b) Her cousin's husband.
5. If he could be back with them for one day, where would Garcin fling their lie?
(a) Off a bridge.
(b) In their face.
(c) In their teeth.
(d) In the dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Garcin feels toward Inez in Part 4?
2. What does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as?
3. When Garcin is paying attention to what is happening at the newspaper office, what is he hearing?
4. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
5. Who mocks Estelle by calling her "my crystal"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Garcin mean when he says that he can see where talking to each other will lead?
2. Why does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as cruel?
3. Why does Estelle shed no actual tears when she cries?
4. What is Inez guilty of?
5. Although both Inez and Garcin pressure Estelle into telling them why she is in the room, at the end of the section, why is Estelle only angry with Inez and not Garcin?
6. How does Garcin feel when Estelle tells him that it does not matter if he is a coward as long as he kisses well?
7. What do you think of Inez's attempt to woo Estelle by calling her by the romantic names her lovers used to use?
8. What do you think is the worst thing Garcin did to his wife?
9. How is Inez's volunteering to be the mirror for Estelle symbolic?
10. Why does the image of a young couple making love in her apartment so upset Inez?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)