|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
(a) Stop being polite and just tell the truth.
(b) Keep lying to each other.
(c) Tell each other ghost stories.
(d) Break out of the room.
2. Inez calls Estelle...
(a) My glistening diamond.
(b) My glancing stream.
(c) My gleaming sunbeam.
(d) My glittering waterfall.
3. Florence crept out of bed and...
(a) Turned on the gas.
(b) Fell in front of the tram.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Jumped off the balcony.
4. Why is Inez upset by her vision in Part 4?
(a) A single woman is renting her room.
(b) The post office closed down.
(c) Florence is back together with her husband.
(d) A man is sitting on her bed.
5. How did Garcin face death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted Estelle to have a baby?
2. When Garcin implores the characters to ignore each other, who says that she could never forget about them?
3. What did Estelle do to her baby?
4. Whom did Inez fall in love with on Earth?
5. Who served Garcin and his mistress coffee in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. If Inez does not seem to care about her appearance, why does she normally carry a mirror?
2. Why did Garcin say he treated his wife so badly?
3. Why does the image of a young couple making love in her apartment so upset Inez?
4. What do you think of Inez's promise to not do Garcin any harm if he leaves her and Estelle in peace?
5. What do you think of Inez's attempt to woo Estelle by calling her by the romantic names her lovers used to use?
6. Why is Estelle so upset when she sees Olga tell one of her lovers the truth?
7. In this section of the play, Estelle asks Garcin to hold her. Why?
8. Why do you think that Inez tries to pull Garcin off Estelle?
9. Although both Inez and Garcin pressure Estelle into telling them why she is in the room, at the end of the section, why is Estelle only angry with Inez and not Garcin?
10. Why do you think that Inez would rather deal with hell face to face?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)