|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mocks Estelle by calling her "my crystal"?
2. How did Garcin face death?
3. What was Estelle's lover's name?
4. When Garcin sees Gomez, how much time has passed?
(a) A year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three or four hours.
(d) Six months.
5. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
(a) The city had it condemned.
(b) It is rented by a young couple.
(c) Florence lives there now.
(d) Olga and her husband live there now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
2. What did Estelle do to her baby?
3. If he could be back with them for one day, where would Garcin fling their lie?
4. How did Garcin attempt to flee?
5. Garcin was a...
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Garcin feel when Estelle tells him that it does not matter if he is a coward as long as he kisses well?
2. If Inez does not seem to care about her appearance, why does she normally carry a mirror?
3. How is Inez's volunteering to be the mirror for Estelle symbolic?
4. What do you think is the worst thing Garcin did to his wife?
5. Why does the image of a young couple making love in her apartment so upset Inez?
6. What do you think of Inez's attempt to woo Estelle by calling her by the romantic names her lovers used to use?
7. What does Sartre demonstrate about Garcin when he interrupts his kissing Estelle to listen in to what his colleagues are saying?
8. Why do you think that Inez would rather deal with hell face to face?
9. What does Garcin mean when he says that he can see where talking to each other will lead?
10. Why do you think that Estelle is flattered by Inez attention, even after she knows that Inez is being cruel?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)