|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Estelle's lover die?
(a) He jumped off a building.
(b) He poisoned himself with gas.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He was hit by a tram.
2. What was Estelle's lover's name?
3. Who served Garcin and his mistress coffee in bed?
(c) His wife.
(d) A maid.
4. How did Inez really die?
(a) Her cousin pushed her out a window.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) Gas poisoning.
(d) She was hit by a tram.
5. When Garcin says, "I've left my fate in their hands," who is he talking about?
(a) The Valet.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) Inez and Estelle.
(d) His coworkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
2. Florence crept out of bed and...
3. What does Estelle want from Garcin?
4. Whom is Estelle attracted to?
5. Who spits in Inez's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although both Inez and Garcin pressure Estelle into telling them why she is in the room, at the end of the section, why is Estelle only angry with Inez and not Garcin?
2. Why is Estelle so upset when she sees Olga tell one of her lovers the truth?
3. What does Garcin mean when he says that he can see where talking to each other will lead?
4. If Inez does not seem to care about her appearance, why does she normally carry a mirror?
5. Why do you think that Estelle is flattered by Inez attention, even after she knows that Inez is being cruel?
6. How does Garcin feel when Estelle tells him that it does not matter if he is a coward as long as he kisses well?
7. Why do you think that Inez would rather deal with hell face to face?
8. In this section of the play, Estelle asks Garcin to hold her. Why?
9. Why does Estelle shed no actual tears when she cries?
10. What do you think of Inez's promise to not do Garcin any harm if he leaves her and Estelle in peace?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)