|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose marriage did Inez break up?
(b) Her cousin's.
2. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
3. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
4. Who mocks Estelle by calling her "my crystal"?
5. Which character notices that Estelle has a nasty red pimple on her cheek?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Garcin describes Estelle's eyes?
2. Who served Garcin and his mistress coffee in bed?
3. How did Inez really die?
4. Garcin wishes he had been placed in a room full of what?
5. What does Gardin admit to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Garcin flee to Mexico, and what does it have to do with cowardice?
2. How does Garcin feel when Estelle tells him that it does not matter if he is a coward as long as he kisses well?
3. What do you think is the worst thing Garcin did to his wife?
4. Why is it significant that Garcin's colleagues have called him a coward?
5. How is Inez's volunteering to be the mirror for Estelle symbolic?
6. If Inez does not seem to care about her appearance, why does she normally carry a mirror?
7. What do you think of Inez's promise to not do Garcin any harm if he leaves her and Estelle in peace?
8. Why do you think that Inez would rather deal with hell face to face?
9. Why do you think that Inez tries to pull Garcin off Estelle?
10. Why does the image of a young couple making love in her apartment so upset Inez?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)