|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Inez die of?
(a) She was murdered by Olga.
(b) She was run over by a tram.
(c) A gas leak.
2. What personal item does Garcin miss?
3. How many sofas are there in the room?
4. How many times was Garcin shot?
5. Which character says "I don't care much for men anyway"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Inez do for a living?
2. Whom does Estelle expect in the room?
3. Whom does Garcin say always got on his nerves?
4. How many mirrors are there in the room?
5. What is Garcin's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Garcin asks the Valet what is outside the room, what does the Valet say?
2. Why is Estelle surprised to see that Garcin's face is fine?
3. When Garcin asks Inez how she knows what a torturer looks like, what does she say?
4. Why are there no toothbrushes or beds in the room?
5. What does Estelle say about why she thinks she is in the room?
6. When Garcin is asked why he is in the room, what does he say? Do you believe him, and why or why not?
7. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the first part of the play?
8. Describe, at this point in the play, the nature of hell.
9. What are some of the things that cause tension between Inez and Garcin?
10. What makes Inez realize that they are supposed to be each other's torturers?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)