|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a vision of his/her room being shut up?
(b) Olga .
2. How many times was Garcin shot?
3. According to one of the characters, how many official torturers does Hell have?
(a) One for each dead person.
4. Which character enters the room first?
5. Who shows Garcin the way into the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to make Estelle's marriage unhappy?
2. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
3. What does Estelle say she cannot stand a man in?
4. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
5. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Inez believe Garcin to be her torturer?
2. Why does Sartre introduce Estelle with her concerns about the sofas?
3. Describe, at this point in the play, the nature of hell.
4. What are some of the things that cause tension between Inez and Garcin?
5. Why is Estelle surprised to see that Garcin's face is fine?
6. Why are there no toothbrushes or beds in the room?
7. Do you think that one of these characters is more truthful than the other two? If so, which one?
8. Describe the room in which Garcin finds himself.
9. How do you know that these characters are dead and in hell, despite the fact that Sartre does not explicitly state it?
10. Describe Inez's reaction to the Estelle's and Garcin's reasons for why they are in the room.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)