|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Inez and Estelle learn from looking back on earth?
(a) that life goes on without them
(b) that people did not like them
(c) that they had many friends
(d) that people change form day to day
2. What does Inez say they all must be guilty of?
3. How many windows are there in the room?
4. Which character acts snobbishly when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
5. What does Estelle ask Inez and Garcin if they had ever done?
(a) held season tickets to the opera
(b) taken a cruise to the Caribbean
(c) gone skiing in the Swiss Alps
(d) attended a country party at the home of one of her friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Estelle's complaint about the sofa left for her?
2. Where was Garcin shot?
3. What does Garcin ask the valet?
4. What is the main question the three characters have?
5. What is Estelle focusing on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Garcin's question about calling the valet?
2. How does Garcin feel when Estelle tells him that it does not matter if he is a coward as long as he kisses well?
3. Is one of these characters is more truthful than the other two? If so, which one?
4. How does Estelle name drop to show her importance?
5. What does the bronze statue represent?
6. Describe the room in which Garcin finds himself at the beginning of the play.
7. What does Estelle say about why she thinks she is in the room?
8. What is it that Inez is the first one to figure out?
9. Who recognizes the subterfuge and what does she have to say about it?
10. When the door finally opens, why do the characters not leave?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)