|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, Estelle rebukes Garcin for...
(a) Sitting on Inez's sofa.
(b) Ringing the bell for the Valet.
(c) Sitting on her sofa.
(d) Blocking the door.
2. Estelle says that she is in the room...
(a) Because her husband sent her there.
(b) By mistake.
(c) By her choice.
(d) Because she deserves it.
3. How many bronze statues are there?
4. Who is the second character to enter the room?
5. What makes Garcin think there is no need for sleep in this place?
(a) there is no bed
(b) there are no windows
(c) he never feels tired
(d) there are no clocks
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters speculate about?
2. Which character used to go to parties at the country homes of her friends?
3. Looking at their portal to the Earth, what does Estelle see?
4. What is Estelle's objection to Garcin's actions?
5. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that cause tension between Inez and Garcin?
2. Describe the room in which Garcin finds himself at the beginning of the play.
3. Why does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as cruel?
4. Is one of these characters is more truthful than the other two? If so, which one?
5. What is Garcin's question about calling the valet?
6. What condition does Inez put down for not torturing Garcin?
7. Gaining the upper hand, how does Inez treat Garcin?
8. What is Estelle's suggestion for getting back at Inez?
9. After Estelle sees Olga at the dance, she asks Garcin to hold her. Why?
10. What is Inez guilty of?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)