|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Estelle's friend's name?
2. Whose sofa does not match her dress?
3. What did Estelle die of?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
4. How many mirrors are there in the room?
5. What color does Garcin say his wife always wears?
Short Answer Questions
1. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
2. Who sees Olga in a vision?
3. Whom does Inez believe to be her torturer, at first?
4. Which character says that the room is ugly?
5. Which character enters the room first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that one of these characters is more truthful than the other two? If so, which one?
2. What does Estelle say about why she thinks she is in the room?
3. What is Garcin's response to Inez saying that there was reason to be afraid "before," but not now?
4. Why are there no toothbrushes or beds in the room?
5. What does Garcin in his shirtsleeves stand for? Why does Estelle say she cannot stand a man in his shirtsleeves?
6. Why does Estelle refuse Inez's offer of her sofa?
7. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the first part of the play?
8. Why does Sartre introduce Estelle with her concerns about the sofas?
9. What are some of the things that cause tension between Inez and Garcin?
10. As Inez, Estelle, and Garcin watch their friends and family back on Earth, how do they react?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)