|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character notices that Estelle has a nasty red pimple on her cheek?
2. Who says that s/he is "rotten to the core"?
3. What does Garcin say that he will withstand?
(a) Broken glass and hot coals.
(b) Red-hot tongs and molten lead.
(c) Sharp knives and hot oil.
(d) Burning cinders and razor wire.
4. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
5. Who calls Garcin a brute?
6. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
(a) It is rented by a young couple.
(b) The city had it condemned.
(c) Olga and her husband live there now.
(d) Florence lives there now.
7. Where did Estelle go with Roger?
8. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
(a) Because she wants stretch out on Estelle's couch.
(b) To make Garcin jealous.
(c) Because she is cold.
(d) To serve as her mirror.
9. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
(a) Keep lying to each other.
(b) Tell each other ghost stories.
(c) Stop being polite and just tell the truth.
(d) Break out of the room.
10. Who served Garcin and his mistress coffee in bed?
(a) A maid.
(b) His wife.
11. Who wanted Estelle to have a baby?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her husband.
(c) She herself.
12. What does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as?
13. How did Garcin face death?
14. Who spits in Inez's face?
15. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Estelle do to her baby?
2. Whom is Estelle watching down on Earth?
3. Estelle says she likes men with what?
4. Where do Olga and Peter go?
5. Why is Estelle upset by what Olga is saying to Peter?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)