|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Estelle's lover's name?
2. Who is judging Garcin?
(a) His coworkers.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His mother.
3. How did Inez really die?
(a) Gas poisoning.
(b) She was hit by a tram.
(c) She shot herself.
(d) Her cousin pushed her out a window.
4. Estelle says she likes men with what?
(a) Tough skin and rough hands.
(b) Genteel manners.
(c) Big plans.
(d) Nice clothes.
5. Whose marriage did Inez break up?
(c) Her cousin's.
6. Inez is glad the she and Estelle will...
(a) Have the place to themselves.
(b) Escape from the room when the Valet comes.
(c) Marry fine men like Garcin.
(d) Stay as long as Garcin wants them to.
7. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
8. Which character wants to put on lipstick and powder?
9. What does Garcin says both Inez and Estelle do to him?
(a) They attract him.
(b) They make him happy.
(c) They make him angry.
(d) They disgust him.
10. Who says that s/he is "rotten to the core"?
11. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
(a) It is rented by a young couple.
(b) The city had it condemned.
(c) Florence lives there now.
(d) Olga and her husband live there now.
12. Estelle would rather escape from the room than what?
(a) Confess why she is really there.
(b) Put make up on Inez.
(c) Kiss Garcin.
(d) Wait for the Valet to come and get her.
13. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
14. If he could be back with them for one day, where would Garcin fling their lie?
(a) In their teeth.
(b) In the dumpster.
(c) In their face.
(d) Off a bridge.
15. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
(a) Break out of the room.
(b) Tell each other ghost stories.
(c) Keep lying to each other.
(d) Stop being polite and just tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Garcin implores the characters to ignore each other, who says that she could never forget about them?
2. How did Estelle's lover die?
3. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
4. Estelle describes herself as what little bird?
5. What does Gardin admit to?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)