|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Garcin's wife die?
(a) By jumping off a bridge.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) Of pneumonia.
(d) Of grief.
2. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
3. Florence crept out of bed and...
(a) Turned on the gas.
(b) Jumped off the balcony.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Fell in front of the tram.
4. When Garcin is paying attention to what is happening at the newspaper office, what is he hearing?
(a) They are talking about the new newspaper that just started.
(b) They are talking about the war.
(c) They are talking about him.
(d) They are talking about the weather.
5. What did Estelle do to her baby?
(a) Smothered it.
(b) Shook it.
(c) Drowned it in the bathtub.
(d) Drowned it in a lake.
6. When Garcin says, "I've left my fate in their hands," who is he talking about?
(a) Inez and Estelle.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The Valet.
(d) His coworkers.
7. Why can't Estelle see herself properly in Inez's eyes?
(a) Because the room is too dark.
(b) Because Inez wears thick glasses.
(c) Because her reflection is too tiny.
(d) Because Inez keeps winking.
8. Inez calls Estelle...
(a) My glistening diamond.
(b) My gleaming sunbeam.
(c) My glancing stream.
(d) My glittering waterfall.
9. What does Gardin admit to?
(a) Treating his wife badly.
(b) Stealing money from his newspaper.
(c) Being in love with Inez.
(d) Moving to Brazil to escape the police.
10. Who calls Garcin a brute?
11. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
(a) Because she wants stretch out on Estelle's couch.
(b) Because she is cold.
(c) To serve as her mirror.
(d) To make Garcin jealous.
12. Who mocks Estelle by calling her "my crystal"?
13. Which character sits with his/her hands over his ears?
14. Inez says that she always carries what item?.
(a) Pocket mirror.
(b) House keys.
(d) Pocket knife.
15. Who is attracted to Estelle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character notices that Estelle has a nasty red pimple on her cheek?
2. Who says that s/he is "rotten to the core"?
3. Why did Garcin want to face death courageously?
4. Estelle would rather escape from the room than what?
5. When Garcin sees Gomez, how much time has passed?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)