|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
2. What did Estelle do to her baby?
(a) Drowned it in the bathtub.
(b) Shook it.
(c) Smothered it.
(d) Drowned it in a lake.
3. What does Estelle want from Garcin?
(a) His jacket.
4. What does Garcin says both Inez and Estelle do to him?
(a) They make him angry.
(b) They make him happy.
(c) They disgust him.
(d) They attract him.
5. What does Estelle ask Garcin to do in Part 4?
(a) Let Inez sit on his couch.
(b) Ring for the valet.
(c) Hold her for comfort.
(d) Take off his jacket.
6. Who served Garcin and his mistress coffee in bed?
(a) A maid.
(d) His wife.
7. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
8. Inez calls Estelle...
(a) My gleaming sunbeam.
(b) My glittering waterfall.
(c) My glistening diamond.
(d) My glancing stream.
9. Who says that she often undressed in front of his/her maid?
10. Whom is Estelle watching down on Earth?
(a) Her husband.
11. When Garcin says, "I've left my fate in their hands," who is he talking about?
(a) His coworkers.
(b) Inez and Estelle.
(c) The Valet.
(d) The soldiers.
12. Who wanted Estelle to have a baby?
(b) Her husband.
(c) She herself.
(d) Her lover.
13. Who asks Inez to forget her role as a torturer?
14. How did Estelle's lover die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He jumped off a building.
(c) He was hit by a tram.
(d) He poisoned himself with gas.
15. What does Inez describe Estelle's mouth as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Garcin call a swine?
2. Who calls Garcin a brute?
3. Who wants to take Estelle in his/her arms?
4. In Estelle's vision, the dancers are dancing which dance when they turn out the lights?
5. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)