|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dance does Garcin tells Estelle he does not do?
2. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
3. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
4. Where do Olga and Peter go?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the postoffice.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To a funeral.
5. Which character notices that Estelle has a nasty red pimple on her cheek?
6. What emotion does Garcin feels toward Inez in Part 4?
7. Who asks Inez to forget her role as a torturer?
8. Who calls Garcin a brute?
9. Who wanted Estelle to have a baby?
(a) She herself.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her lover.
10. What was Estelle's lover's name?
11. What did Estelle do to her baby?
(a) Smothered it.
(b) Drowned it in a lake.
(c) Drowned it in the bathtub.
(d) Shook it.
12. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
(a) Olga and her husband live there now.
(b) It is rented by a young couple.
(c) The city had it condemned.
(d) Florence lives there now.
13. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
14. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
(a) Keep lying to each other.
(b) Break out of the room.
(c) Tell each other ghost stories.
(d) Stop being polite and just tell the truth.
15. When Garcin is paying attention to what is happening at the newspaper office, what is he hearing?
(a) They are talking about the new newspaper that just started.
(b) They are talking about the war.
(c) They are talking about him.
(d) They are talking about the weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garcin says both Inez and Estelle do to him?
2. Who is judging Garcin?
3. Garcin wishes he had been placed in a room full of what?
4. Which character sits with his/her hands over his ears?
5. Garcin was a...
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)