|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
(a) To make Garcin jealous.
(b) Because she is cold.
(c) Because she wants stretch out on Estelle's couch.
(d) To serve as her mirror.
2. In Estelle's vision, the dancers are dancing which dance when they turn out the lights?
(a) The Jitterbug.
(b) The Charleston.
(c) The Waltz.
(d) The Tango.
3. What does Garcin says both Inez and Estelle do to him?
(a) They attract him.
(b) They disgust him.
(c) They make him happy.
(d) They make him angry.
4. How did Inez really die?
(a) Gas poisoning.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) Her cousin pushed her out a window.
(d) She was hit by a tram.
5. How did Garcin face death?
6. Which character killed herself by gas poisoning?
7. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
(a) Keep lying to each other.
(b) Stop being polite and just tell the truth.
(c) Tell each other ghost stories.
(d) Break out of the room.
8. Garcin wishes he had been placed in a room full of what?
(a) His mistresses.
9. Who wants to take Estelle in his/her arms?
10. Inez calls Estelle...
(a) My glittering waterfall.
(b) My glancing stream.
(c) My gleaming sunbeam.
(d) My glistening diamond.
11. Inez says that she always carries what item?.
(a) Pocket knife.
(c) House keys.
(d) Pocket mirror.
12. How does Garcin describes Estelle's eyes?
(c) Soft and slimy.
(d) Blue as the sky.
13. Where did Estelle go with Roger?
14. When Garcin sees Gomez, how much time has passed?
(a) Five years.
(b) A year.
(c) Three or four hours.
(d) Six months.
15. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
2. How did Estelle's lover die?
3. How did Garcin attempt to flee?
4. Whom is Estelle watching down on Earth?
5. What was Estelle's lover's name?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)