|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garcin asks Estelle if she could do what?
(a) Kill Inez.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Say he was brave.
(d) Have faith in him and love him.
2. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
3. Estelle describes herself as what little bird?
4. Whom did Inez fall in love with on Earth?
(a) Her husband's cousin.
(b) Her cousin's husband.
5. Which character sits with his/her hands over his ears?
6. Whom is Estelle watching down on Earth?
(b) Her husband.
7. What does Garcin says both Inez and Estelle do to him?
(a) They disgust him.
(b) They make him happy.
(c) They make him angry.
(d) They attract him.
8. Who is attracted to Estelle?
9. What does Estelle ask Garcin to do in Part 4?
(a) Take off his jacket.
(b) Ring for the valet.
(c) Hold her for comfort.
(d) Let Inez sit on his couch.
10. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
11. Whose marriage did Inez break up?
(b) Her cousin's.
12. What was Estelle's lover's name?
13. Inez says that she always carries what item?.
(a) Pocket mirror.
(b) House keys.
(d) Pocket knife.
14. Estelle says she likes men with what?
(a) Nice clothes.
(b) Tough skin and rough hands.
(c) Big plans.
(d) Genteel manners.
15. If he could be back with them for one day, where would Garcin fling their lie?
(a) Off a bridge.
(b) In the dumpster.
(c) In their teeth.
(d) In their face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that she often undressed in front of his/her maid?
2. Whom does Garcin call a swine?
3. How did Garcin's wife die?
4. Who wants to take Estelle in his/her arms?
5. Why did Garcin want to face death courageously?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)