|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Garcin describes Estelle's eyes?
(b) Soft and slimy.
(c) Blue as the sky.
2. Whom does Garcin call a swine?
(a) A police officer.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His wife.
3. How did Inez really die?
(a) She was hit by a tram.
(b) Her cousin pushed her out a window.
(c) She shot herself.
(d) Gas poisoning.
4. Why is Estelle upset by what Olga is saying to Peter?
(a) They say she had no rhythm.
(b) It is about her crimes.
(c) It is the truth about Inez.
(d) They say her dress is ugly.
5. Whom does Estelle get the most attention from?
6. What does Garcin say that he will withstand?
(a) Burning cinders and razor wire.
(b) Broken glass and hot coals.
(c) Red-hot tongs and molten lead.
(d) Sharp knives and hot oil.
7. Estelle would rather escape from the room than what?
(a) Put make up on Inez.
(b) Kiss Garcin.
(c) Wait for the Valet to come and get her.
(d) Confess why she is really there.
8. Who wants to take Estelle in his/her arms?
9. Why is Inez upset by her vision in Part 4?
(a) Florence is back together with her husband.
(b) The post office closed down.
(c) A single woman is renting her room.
(d) A man is sitting on her bed.
10. Inez is glad the she and Estelle will...
(a) Marry fine men like Garcin.
(b) Have the place to themselves.
(c) Stay as long as Garcin wants them to.
(d) Escape from the room when the Valet comes.
11. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
(a) Keep lying to each other.
(b) Tell each other ghost stories.
(c) Stop being polite and just tell the truth.
(d) Break out of the room.
12. How did Garcin face death?
13. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
(a) Olga and her husband live there now.
(b) The city had it condemned.
(c) It is rented by a young couple.
(d) Florence lives there now.
14. What item does Estelle ask the others for?
(b) A pocket mirror.
(c) Breath mints.
(d) Reading material.
15. If he could be back with them for one day, where would Garcin fling their lie?
(a) In their face.
(b) In the dumpster.
(c) In their teeth.
(d) Off a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that she often undressed in front of his/her maid?
2. What was Estelle's lover's name?
3. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
4. When Garcin implores the characters to ignore each other, who says that she could never forget about them?
5. What does Gardin admit to?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)