|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Inez really die?
(a) She shot herself.
(b) She was hit by a tram.
(c) Her cousin pushed her out a window.
(d) Gas poisoning.
2. Why is Inez upset by her vision in Part 4?
(a) A single woman is renting her room.
(b) Florence is back together with her husband.
(c) A man is sitting on her bed.
(d) The post office closed down.
3. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
4. How does Garcin describes Estelle's eyes?
(b) Soft and slimy.
(c) Blue as the sky.
5. Why is Estelle upset by what Olga is saying to Peter?
(a) They say she had no rhythm.
(b) They say her dress is ugly.
(c) It is about her crimes.
(d) It is the truth about Inez.
6. Who served Garcin and his mistress coffee in bed?
(a) A maid.
(b) His wife.
7. Who spits in Inez's face?
8. What happens to the room where Inez used to live?
(a) Olga and her husband live there now.
(b) Florence lives there now.
(c) The city had it condemned.
(d) It is rented by a young couple.
9. Whom does Garcin call a swine?
(a) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) A police officer.
10. What does Estelle ask Garcin to do in Part 4?
(a) Ring for the valet.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) Hold her for comfort.
(d) Let Inez sit on his couch.
11. Who says that s/he is "rotten to the core"?
12. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
13. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
14. Whom does Estelle get the most attention from?
15. Inez is glad the she and Estelle will...
(a) Stay as long as Garcin wants them to.
(b) Marry fine men like Garcin.
(c) Have the place to themselves.
(d) Escape from the room when the Valet comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Garcin says, "I've left my fate in their hands," who is he talking about?
2. Which character sits with his/her hands over his ears?
3. Inez calls Estelle...
4. Garcin asks Estelle if she could do what?
5. What item does Estelle ask the others for?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)