|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garcin say that he will withstand?
(a) Red-hot tongs and molten lead.
(b) Sharp knives and hot oil.
(c) Broken glass and hot coals.
(d) Burning cinders and razor wire.
2. What does Gardin admit to?
(a) Being in love with Inez.
(b) Moving to Brazil to escape the police.
(c) Treating his wife badly.
(d) Stealing money from his newspaper.
3. Which character claims, at first, not to know why s/he would be in the room?
4. When Garcin sees Gomez, how much time has passed?
(a) Three or four hours.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Five years.
5. Who asks Inez to forget her role as a torturer?
6. How did Inez really die?
(a) Her cousin pushed her out a window.
(b) She was hit by a tram.
(c) Gas poisoning.
(d) She shot herself.
7. Who says that s/he is "rotten to the core"?
8. Whom did Inez fall in love with on Earth?
(a) Her husband's cousin.
(c) Her cousin's husband.
9. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
10. Whom does Estelle get the most attention from?
11. What did Estelle do to her baby?
(a) Drowned it in the bathtub.
(b) Drowned it in a lake.
(c) Shook it.
(d) Smothered it.
12. How did Estelle's lover die?
(a) He jumped off a building.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He was hit by a tram.
(d) He poisoned himself with gas.
13. What was Estelle's lover's name?
14. Why can't Estelle see herself properly in Inez's eyes?
(a) Because Inez keeps winking.
(b) Because the room is too dark.
(c) Because her reflection is too tiny.
(d) Because Inez wears thick glasses.
15. Garcin was a...
(c) Train conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character was "fair, a natural blond"?
2. Inez calls Estelle...
3. Whose marriage did Inez break up?
4. Who calls Garcin a brute?
5. Which character sits with his/her hands over his ears?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)