|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being said about Garcin that he can hear clearly?
(a) that he was a coward
(b) that he stole the newspaper's money
(c) that he committed suicide
(d) that he was a hero
2. What is it about Inez that Estelle hates so much?
(a) the idea of being in another woman's arms
(b) her dowdy dress
(c) her high squeeky voice
(d) the way she goes after Garcin
3. How does Inez watch Garcin while he talks to her?
4. What happened to Florence's husband?
(a) he left the country
(b) he ran off with another woman
(c) he abused Florence for her suspicions
(d) he was run over by a tram
5. What is Garcin's reaction to Estelle's confession?
(a) he apologizes for pressing her
(b) he laughs
(c) he sais that he thought as much
(d) he looks at her with disgust
6. What condition does being in the same room with each other produce for them?
(a) they are unable to think about each other
(b) they are slowly forgetting their lives on earth
(c) they are constantly present in each other's minds
(d) they are not animate things to look at
7. What does Inez tell Garcin he looks like?
(a) like a hanging judge
(b) like a cat who ate a canary
(c) like a sick man
(d) like a fool
8. How does Estelle react to Garcin after he made her confess?
(a) she hates him
(b) she tries to claw his eyes
(c) she's not angry with Garcin
(d) she refuses to look at him
9. Who calls Garcin a brute?
10. On earth now, who is occupying Inez's room?
(a) the ghost of florence
(b) a college student
(c) a bitter woman just like Inez
(d) a young couple making love
11. What does Garcin suggest when Estelle makes advances to him?
(a) she should go back and sit on her sofa
(b) she shouldn't have told so much about herself
(c) she should realize where she is
(d) she should be seeking comfort from Inez
12. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
13. What was Garcin's ultimate military position?
14. Whom does Estelle get the most attention from?
15. What is Estelle's next vision of earth?
(a) one of her lovers killing himself
(b) one of her young lovers dancing with Olga
(c) one of her young lovers in bed with her husband
(d) One of her young lovers marrying Olga
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inez say is impossible?
2. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
3. What does Garcin say at that point to both Estelle and Inez?
4. Why does Garcin say Estelle doesn't care whether he is a coward or not?
5. Why can Estelle not convince Garcin that she has been lying?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)