|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inez calls Estelle...
(a) My gleaming sunbeam.
(b) My glittering waterfall.
(c) My glistening diamond.
(d) My glancing stream.
2. Which character wants to put on lipstick and powder?
3. Who spits in Inez's face?
4. Why did Garcin want to face death courageously?
(a) To prove that his wife should love him.
(b) Tp prove that he was no coward.
(c) To prove that the war should stop.
(d) To prove that his newspaper should win an award.
5. Whom is Estelle attracted to?
6. Garcin asks Estelle if she could do what?
(a) Kill Inez.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Say he was brave.
(d) Have faith in him and love him.
7. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
8. When Garcin says, "I've left my fate in their hands," who is he talking about?
(a) Inez and Estelle.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The Valet.
(d) His coworkers.
9. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
10. How did Estelle's lover die?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He was hit by a tram.
(c) He poisoned himself with gas.
(d) He jumped off a building.
11. How did Garcin's wife die?
(a) Of grief.
(b) By jumping off a bridge.
(c) Of pneumonia.
(d) She shot herself.
12. Which character notices that Estelle has a nasty red pimple on her cheek?
13. What does Garcin say that he will withstand?
(a) Red-hot tongs and molten lead.
(b) Broken glass and hot coals.
(c) Sharp knives and hot oil.
(d) Burning cinders and razor wire.
14. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
15. Inez is glad the she and Estelle will...
(a) Stay as long as Garcin wants them to.
(b) Escape from the room when the Valet comes.
(c) Have the place to themselves.
(d) Marry fine men like Garcin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Florence crept out of bed and...
2. Which character was "fair, a natural blond"?
3. Inez says that she always carries what item?.
4. Who mocks Estelle by calling her "my crystal"?
5. Who is attracted to Estelle?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)