|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Garcin is paying attention to what is happening at the newspaper office, what is he hearing?
(a) They are talking about the new newspaper that just started.
(b) They are talking about him.
(c) They are talking about the weather.
(d) They are talking about the war.
2. Why is Inez upset by her vision in Part 4?
(a) Florence is back together with her husband.
(b) The post office closed down.
(c) A single woman is renting her room.
(d) A man is sitting on her bed.
3. Estelle describes herself as what little bird?
4. Who mocks Estelle by calling her "my crystal"?
5. Who wants to take Estelle in his/her arms?
6. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
7. Inez says that she always carries what item?.
(a) Pocket knife.
(b) House keys.
(d) Pocket mirror.
8. Who spits in Inez's face?
9. Estelle would rather escape from the room than what?
(a) Put make up on Inez.
(b) Kiss Garcin.
(c) Confess why she is really there.
(d) Wait for the Valet to come and get her.
10. Estelle says she likes men with what?
(a) Tough skin and rough hands.
(b) Nice clothes.
(c) Big plans.
(d) Genteel manners.
11. In Estelle's vision, the dancers are dancing which dance when they turn out the lights?
(a) The Tango.
(b) The Jitterbug.
(c) The Charleston.
(d) The Waltz.
12. Where did Estelle go with Roger?
13. What emotion does Garcin feels toward Inez in Part 4?
14. What does Garcin finally suggest they all should do?
(a) Keep lying to each other.
(b) Tell each other ghost stories.
(c) Break out of the room.
(d) Stop being polite and just tell the truth.
15. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
2. Why is Estelle upset by what Olga is saying to Peter?
3. Who calls Garcin a brute?
4. How did Garcin face death?
5. What item does Estelle ask the others for?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)