|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Inez to forget her role as a torturer?
2. In Estelle's vision, the dancers are dancing which dance when they turn out the lights?
(a) The Waltz.
(b) The Tango.
(c) The Charleston.
(d) The Jitterbug.
3. How did Garcin attempt to flee?
(a) In a shipment of potatoes.
(b) By Boat.
(c) On a military transport.
(d) By train.
4. What does Garcin say that he will withstand?
(a) Red-hot tongs and molten lead.
(b) Broken glass and hot coals.
(c) Burning cinders and razor wire.
(d) Sharp knives and hot oil.
5. Which character(s) refers to Estelle as "the child"?
(a) Garcin and Inez.
(b) Inez only.
(c) Garcin only.
6. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
7. Why is Inez upset by her vision in Part 4?
(a) A man is sitting on her bed.
(b) Florence is back together with her husband.
(c) A single woman is renting her room.
(d) The post office closed down.
8. Who is attracted to Estelle?
9. Who does Estelle says she has a hard time making friends with?
(a) Postal Clerks.
10. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
11. Whom is Estelle attracted to?
12. Why does Inez offer Estelle a place on her couch?
(a) To serve as her mirror.
(b) Because she wants stretch out on Estelle's couch.
(c) To make Garcin jealous.
(d) Because she is cold.
13. Which character wants to put on lipstick and powder?
14. Who wants to take Estelle in his/her arms?
15. Who says that she often undressed in front of his/her maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Inez is glad the she and Estelle will...
2. When Garcin is paying attention to what is happening at the newspaper office, what is he hearing?
3. What did Estelle do to her baby?
4. Whom does Estelle get the most attention from?
5. How did Garcin's wife die?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)