|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that she often undressed in front of his/her maid?
2. How did Estelle's lover die?
(a) He jumped off a building.
(b) He poisoned himself with gas.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He was hit by a tram.
3. What item does Estelle ask the others for?
(a) A pocket mirror.
(c) Reading material.
(d) Breath mints.
4. How many mirrors does Estelle have in her bedroom?
5. What emotion does Garcin feels toward Inez in Part 4?
6. Where do Olga and Peter go?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the postoffice.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To a dance.
7. Estelle would rather escape from the room than what?
(a) Confess why she is really there.
(b) Put make up on Inez.
(c) Wait for the Valet to come and get her.
(d) Kiss Garcin.
8. Florence crept out of bed and...
(a) Jumped off the balcony.
(b) Fell in front of the tram.
(c) Turned on the gas.
(d) Ran away.
9. Who admits to being "rather cruel"?
10. Whom did Inez fall in love with on Earth?
(c) Her husband's cousin.
(d) Her cousin's husband.
11. How did Garcin attempt to flee?
(a) By Boat.
(b) On a military transport.
(c) By train.
(d) In a shipment of potatoes.
12. Which character notices that Estelle has a nasty red pimple on her cheek?
13. Estelle says she likes men with what?
(a) Genteel manners.
(b) Nice clothes.
(c) Tough skin and rough hands.
(d) Big plans.
14. What was Estelle's lover's name?
15. Why did Garcin want to face death courageously?
(a) To prove that his newspaper should win an award.
(b) To prove that his wife should love him.
(c) Tp prove that he was no coward.
(d) To prove that the war should stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garcin asks Estelle if she could do what?
2. Whom does Estelle get the most attention from?
3. Why can't Estelle see herself properly in Inez's eyes?
4. How did Garcin face death?
5. Who is attracted to Estelle?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)