|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character sits with his/her hands over his ears?
2. How did Garcin's wife die?
(a) Of grief.
(b) Of pneumonia.
(c) By jumping off a bridge.
(d) She shot herself.
3. What does Estelle want from Garcin?
(b) His jacket.
4. Why is Estelle upset by what Olga is saying to Peter?
(a) It is about her crimes.
(b) It is the truth about Inez.
(c) They say she had no rhythm.
(d) They say her dress is ugly.
5. Who is attracted to Estelle?
6. Estelle describes herself as what little bird?
7. Florence crept out of bed and...
(a) Turned on the gas.
(b) Jumped off the balcony.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Fell in front of the tram.
8. Which character sings softly to him/herself?
9. What does Estelle ask Garcin to do in Part 4?
(a) Hold her for comfort.
(b) Take off his jacket.
(c) Let Inez sit on his couch.
(d) Ring for the valet.
10. Who calls Garcin a brute?
11. Estelle would rather escape from the room than what?
(a) Wait for the Valet to come and get her.
(b) Confess why she is really there.
(c) Kiss Garcin.
(d) Put make up on Inez.
12. In Estelle's vision, the dancers are dancing which dance when they turn out the lights?
(a) The Waltz.
(b) The Charleston.
(c) The Jitterbug.
(d) The Tango.
13. Whom is Estelle watching down on Earth?
(b) Her husband.
14. Whom did Inez fall in love with on Earth?
(a) Her cousin's husband.
(c) Her husband's cousin.
15. Who asks Inez to forget her role as a torturer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character wants to put on lipstick and powder?
2. Who says that s/he is "rotten to the core"?
3. How did Garcin attempt to flee?
4. Inez says that she won't do any harm if she is left alone with whom?
5. Inez says that she always carries what item?.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)