|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sofas are there in the room?
2. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
(d) Friends or relatives.
3. Who has a vision of his/her room being shut up?
(c) Olga .
4. What is the temperature like in the room?
(a) Too cold.
(b) Too hot.
(d) Warm, but bearable.
5. What personal item does Garcin miss?
6. Whose sofa does not match her dress?
7. How many times does the door open?
8. Whom does Estelle expect in the room?
(a) Someone beautiful.
(b) Someone wearing a black suit.
(c) Someone with a baby.
(d) Someone with a ruined face.
9. What happened to make Estelle's marriage unhappy?
(a) She met a younger man.
(b) She met Inez.
(c) She met Garcin.
(d) Her husband had an affair.
10. Who is smoking cigars in one of the visions?
(a) Garcin's colleagues.
(c) Estelle's husband.
11. What is Estelle's friend's name?
12. Which character flirts with Estelle?
13. When they ask each other how they ended up in the room, who suggests they should be honest?
14. Estelle's husband was...
(a) Young and athletic.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Much older.
(d) An important politician.
15. Whom does Garcin see in his vision?
(a) His children.
(b) His mother.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle say she cannot stand a man in?
2. Which character says "I don't care much for men anyway"?
3. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
4. Which character wishes they were there "by mistake"?
5. What term does Estelle prefer for her condition?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)