|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Estelle say her husband is?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At work.
(c) At home.
(d) At her funeral.
2. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Get themselves in order.
(b) Tell each other a story.
(c) Wait for the valet.
(d) Order takeout.
3. How many windows are there in the room?
4. Who says that he/she is already "in order"?
5. Who is smoking cigars in one of the visions?
(b) Estelle's husband.
(c) Garcin's colleagues.
6. What term does Estelle prefer for her condition?
(b) Passed away.
7. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
(a) Friends or relatives.
8. Will the Valet always come when the bell rings?
(a) No, the bell does not always work.
(b) Yes, if you ring it twice.
(c) No, the bell rings in a different part of the house.
(d) Yes, the valet always responds to the bell.
9. Which character says "I don't care much for men anyway"?
10. What does Estelle say she cannot stand a man in?
(a) Short pants.
11. Estelle says that she is in the room...
(a) By her choice.
(b) By mistake.
(c) Because she deserves it.
(d) Because her husband sent her there.
12. Why are there no beds in the room?
(a) The beds are upstairs, in a different part of the house.
(b) They are expected to sleep in the sofas.
(c) There is no need to sleep.
(d) They will be out of the room before night.
13. Which character says that the three are all "damned souls"?
14. How many mirrors are there in the room?
15. What color does Garcin say his wife always wears?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the most reluctant to sit there silently?
2. Which character used to go to parties at the country homes of her friends?
3. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
4. Which character says that the room is ugly?
5. How many times was Garcin shot?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)