|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the most reluctant to sit there silently?
2. Garcin says that they should all sit there...
(b) Yelling for the Valet.
(d) Telling each other their stories.
3. Which character says that the room is ugly?
4. Where did Garcin live?
(b) Sao Paolo.
(d) Mexico City.
5. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
6. Why are the three characters in the room?
(a) They have been arrested.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are having a meeting.
(d) They are waiting for a train.
7. What is the temperature like in the room?
(a) Warm, but bearable.
(b) Too hot.
(d) Too cold.
8. What did Inez die of?
(a) A gas leak.
(b) She was murdered by Olga.
(d) She was run over by a tram.
9. Estelle is the first character to suggest that they...
(a) Try to escape.
(b) Introduce themselves.
(c) Try to ignore each other.
(d) Share a sofa.
10. What did Inez do for a living?
(a) Postal clerk.
11. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Wait for the valet.
(b) Get themselves in order.
(c) Order takeout.
(d) Tell each other a story.
12. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
13. Who tries to take off his/her jacket?
14. How many bronze statues are there?
15. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
(d) Friends or relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Garcin's profession?
2. What is Olga doing when Estelle, Garcin, and Inez discover that time moves differently in the room than on Earth?
3. Whom does Inez believe to be her torturer, at first?
4. How many years was Estelle happily married?
5. According to one of the characters, how many official torturers does Hell have?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)