|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
2. What does Garcin try to move?
(d) Bronze statue.
3. What does Inez say they all must be guilty of?
4. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
(a) Loathed angles.
(b) Enjoyed bronze statues.
(c) Upholstered her own sofas.
(d) Hired an interior designer.
5. Which character flirts with Estelle?
6. When Estelle enters the room, who is already there?
(a) Inez and Garcin.
(b) only Florence.
(c) only Garcin.
(d) Inez and Florence.
7. What is strange about Estelle's friend at her funeral?
(a) She wore read.
(b) She did not send flowers.
(c) She did not attend.
(d) She did not cry.
8. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
9. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
(a) On their own sofas.
(b) Right next to each other.
(c) On opposite sides of the bronze.
(d) Next to the door, in case it opens.
10. According to one of the characters, how many official torturers does Hell have?
(d) One for each dead person.
11. How many times does the door open?
12. Whom does Garcin say always got on his nerves?
(a) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
13. Which character says "I don't care much for men anyway"?
14. Who asks the Valet if they can turn out the lights?
15. What did Inez die of?
(a) She was run over by a tram.
(b) She was murdered by Olga.
(d) A gas leak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a vision of his/her room being shut up?
2. How many times was Garcin shot?
3. How many years was Estelle happily married?
4. Garcin says that they should all sit there...
5. Whom does Estelle expect in the room?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)