|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Estelle's friend's name?
2. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
(a) On their own sofas.
(b) Next to the door, in case it opens.
(c) On opposite sides of the bronze.
(d) Right next to each other.
3. What is the temperature like in the room?
(a) Too hot.
(b) Too cold.
(d) Warm, but bearable.
4. Estelle is the first character to suggest that they...
(a) Try to ignore each other.
(b) Try to escape.
(c) Introduce themselves.
(d) Share a sofa.
5. Who sees Olga in a vision?
6. What does Garcin try to move?
(d) Bronze statue.
7. How many windows are there in the room?
8. What does Estelle say she cannot stand a man in?
(d) Short pants.
9. What term does Estelle prefer for her condition?
(d) Passed away.
10. Which character is the most reluctant to sit there silently?
11. Which character wishes they were there "by mistake"?
12. Which character used to go to parties at the country homes of her friends?
13. According to one of the characters, how many official torturers does Hell have?
(b) One for each dead person.
14. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
(c) Friends or relatives.
15. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Estelle expect in the room?
2. Will the Valet always come when the bell rings?
3. What does Inez say they all must be guilty of?
4. Who asks the Valet if they can turn out the lights?
5. Inez recognizes what a torturer looks like from...
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)