|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
2. How many years was Estelle happily married?
3. Where does Estelle say her husband is?
(a) At her funeral.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At work.
(d) At home.
4. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
5. Who is the second character to enter the room?
6. Whom does Inez believe to be her torturer, at first?
7. Garcin says that they should all sit there...
(b) Telling each other their stories.
(d) Yelling for the Valet.
8. Who asks the Valet if they can turn out the lights?
9. What does Garcin try to move?
(d) Bronze statue.
10. Why are the three characters in the room?
(a) They are waiting for a train.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They have been arrested.
(d) They are having a meeting.
11. Who tries to take off his/her jacket?
12. Who is smoking cigars in one of the visions?
(b) Garcin's colleagues.
(d) Estelle's husband.
13. Why are there no beds in the room?
(a) There is no need to sleep.
(b) They are expected to sleep in the sofas.
(c) The beds are upstairs, in a different part of the house.
(d) They will be out of the room before night.
14. What is Estelle's friend's name?
15. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
(a) Enjoyed bronze statues.
(b) Loathed angles.
(c) Hired an interior designer.
(d) Upholstered her own sofas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Garcin's profession?
2. How many sofas are there in the room?
3. What did Inez die of?
4. How many times does the door open?
5. Estelle is the first character to suggest that they...
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)