|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second character to enter the room?
2. How many years was Estelle happily married?
3. Who says that he/she is already "in order"?
4. Estelle's husband was...
(a) Young and athletic.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An important politician.
(d) Much older.
5. Where does Estelle say her husband is?
(a) At work.
(b) At home.
(c) At her funeral.
(d) At the hospital.
6. What did Estelle die of?
(d) Scarlet Fever.
7. Which character wishes they were there "by mistake"?
8. Why are the three characters in the room?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They have been arrested.
(c) They are waiting for a train.
(d) They are having a meeting.
9. What was Estelle's brother like?
(a) Rough and ill-mannered.
(b) Rich and accomplished.
(d) Terribly delicate.
10. Where was Garcin shot?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the head.
(d) In his back.
11. How many windows are there in the room?
12. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
13. Why are there no beds in the room?
(a) There is no need to sleep.
(b) The beds are upstairs, in a different part of the house.
(c) They are expected to sleep in the sofas.
(d) They will be out of the room before night.
14. Inez recognizes what a torturer looks like from...
(a) Looking at Estelle's reflection the window.
(b) Looking at a picture of Florence.
(c) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(d) Looking at the Valet's face.
15. When Inez refers to a cafeteria, "Where customers serve themselves," what is she talking about?
(a) That the valet is late with dinner.
(b) That they are each other's torturers.
(c) That she used to cook for her cousin and his wife.
(d) That Estelle only knows fancy parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Garcin describe his workplace as always being?
2. Which character says that the room is ugly?
3. What did Inez do for a living?
4. What term does Estelle prefer for her condition?
5. What happened to make Estelle's marriage unhappy?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)