|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inez realize first?
(a) That they are to be each other's torturers.
(b) That the bronze cannot be moved.
(c) That the room has no windows.
(d) That Estelle and Garcin are lovers.
2. Where was Garcin shot?
(a) In the head.
(b) In his back.
(c) In the neck.
(d) In the chest.
3. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
4. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
(a) Loathed angles.
(b) Enjoyed bronze statues.
(c) Upholstered her own sofas.
(d) Hired an interior designer.
5. Who shows Garcin the way into the room?
6. Garcin sees whom in his vision?
(a) His parents.
(b) His mistresses.
(c) His former coworkers.
(d) His children.
7. What did Inez do for a living?
(d) Postal clerk.
8. Where did Garcin live?
(a) Mexico City.
(d) Sao Paolo.
9. How many mirrors are there in the room?
10. What is Olga doing when Estelle, Garcin, and Inez discover that time moves differently in the room than on Earth?
(a) Preparing for bed.
(b) Waking up the next day.
(c) Smoking cigars.
(d) Eating dinner.
11. What does Garcin try to move?
(b) Bronze statue.
12. Which character says that the three are all "damned souls"?
13. How many windows are there in the room?
14. Whose sofa does not match her dress?
15. How many years was Estelle happily married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
2. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
3. What is Estelle's friend's name?
4. Whom does Garcin see in his vision?
5. How many times was Garcin shot?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)