|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second character to enter the room?
2. What is Garcin's profession?
3. Which character is the first to offer up his/her sofa to the third person to enter the room?
4. How many mirrors are there in the room?
5. Who says that he/she is already "in order"?
6. Garcin sees whom in his vision?
(a) His mistresses.
(b) His former coworkers.
(c) His parents.
(d) His children.
7. How many years was Estelle happily married?
8. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Wait for the valet.
(b) Get themselves in order.
(c) Order takeout.
(d) Tell each other a story.
9. What happened to make Estelle's marriage unhappy?
(a) She met a younger man.
(b) She met Inez.
(c) She met Garcin.
(d) Her husband had an affair.
10. Why are there no beds in the room?
(a) The beds are upstairs, in a different part of the house.
(b) They are expected to sleep in the sofas.
(c) They will be out of the room before night.
(d) There is no need to sleep.
11. Which character enters the room first?
12. Who has a vision of his/her room being shut up?
(b) Olga .
13. When they ask each other how they ended up in the room, who suggests they should be honest?
14. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
15. Which character says "I don't care much for men anyway"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many windows are there in the room?
2. Why are the three characters in the room?
3. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
4. Who is smoking cigars in one of the visions?
5. How many times was Garcin shot?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)