|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
(a) Friends or relatives.
2. What is Olga doing when Estelle, Garcin, and Inez discover that time moves differently in the room than on Earth?
(a) Smoking cigars.
(b) Waking up the next day.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Preparing for bed.
3. How many sofas are there in the room?
4. Estelle is the first character to suggest that they...
(a) Try to ignore each other.
(b) Try to escape.
(c) Introduce themselves.
(d) Share a sofa.
5. How many bronze statues are there?
6. Inez recognizes what a torturer looks like from...
(a) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(b) Looking at a picture of Florence.
(c) Looking at the Valet's face.
(d) Looking at Estelle's reflection the window.
7. Garcin suggests they all stay where?
(a) Right next to each other.
(b) Next to the door, in case it opens.
(c) On their own sofas.
(d) On opposite sides of the bronze.
8. What color does Garcin say his wife always wears?
9. Garcin sees whom in his vision?
(a) His children.
(b) His parents.
(c) His mistresses.
(d) His former coworkers.
10. What does Inez say a torturer looks like?
11. Whose sofa does not match her dress?
12. Who is the second character to enter the room?
13. Garcin says that they should all sit there...
(b) Yelling for the Valet.
(c) Telling each other their stories.
14. Estelle's husband was...
(a) Young and athletic.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An important politician.
(d) Much older.
15. Which character says "I don't care much for men anyway"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Inez die of?
2. Which character says that the room is ugly?
3. What did Garcin describe his workplace as always being?
4. Whom does Estelle expect in the room?
5. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)