|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Olga doing when Estelle, Garcin, and Inez discover that time moves differently in the room than on Earth?
(a) Smoking cigars.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Preparing for bed.
(d) Waking up the next day.
2. Who asks the Valet if they can turn out the lights?
3. What color does Garcin say his wife always wears?
4. Will the Valet always come when the bell rings?
(a) No, the bell rings in a different part of the house.
(b) Yes, if you ring it twice.
(c) No, the bell does not always work.
(d) Yes, the valet always responds to the bell.
5. Estelle says that she is in the room...
(a) By her choice.
(b) By mistake.
(c) Because her husband sent her there.
(d) Because she deserves it.
6. When Estelle enters the room, who is already there?
(a) Inez and Florence.
(b) only Florence.
(c) only Garcin.
(d) Inez and Garcin.
7. Who asked Estelle to run away with him/her?
(a) A younger man.
(b) One of her husband's business partners.
8. What was Estelle's brother like?
(a) Rough and ill-mannered.
(c) Rich and accomplished.
(d) Terribly delicate.
9. Which character says that the room is ugly?
10. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
11. Why are there no beds in the room?
(a) They will be out of the room before night.
(b) They are expected to sleep in the sofas.
(c) There is no need to sleep.
(d) The beds are upstairs, in a different part of the house.
12. How many times was Garcin shot?
13. What does Estelle say she cannot stand a man in?
(b) Short pants.
14. Which character is the first to offer up his/her sofa to the third person to enter the room?
15. Garcin sees whom in his vision?
(a) His children.
(b) His former coworkers.
(c) His parents.
(d) His mistresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inez say they all must be guilty of?
2. Estelle's husband was...
3. Which character used to go to parties at the country homes of her friends?
4. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
5. When Inez refers to a cafeteria, "Where customers serve themselves," what is she talking about?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)