|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bronze statues are there?
2. How many times was Garcin shot?
3. How many mirrors are there in the room?
4. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
(b) Friends or relatives.
5. How many sofas are there in the room?
6. Estelle is the first character to suggest that they...
(a) Try to escape.
(b) Try to ignore each other.
(c) Introduce themselves.
(d) Share a sofa.
7. How many years was Estelle happily married?
8. Where was Garcin shot?
(a) In the head.
(b) In his back.
(c) In the neck.
(d) In the chest.
9. When Inez refers to a cafeteria, "Where customers serve themselves," what is she talking about?
(a) That she used to cook for her cousin and his wife.
(b) That Estelle only knows fancy parties.
(c) That they are each other's torturers.
(d) That the valet is late with dinner.
10. When Estelle enters the room, who is already there?
(a) only Florence.
(b) Inez and Garcin.
(c) Inez and Florence.
(d) only Garcin.
11. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Wait for the valet.
(b) Tell each other a story.
(c) Order takeout.
(d) Get themselves in order.
12. Garcin sees whom in his vision?
(a) His former coworkers.
(b) His parents.
(c) His mistresses.
(d) His children.
13. How many windows are there in the room?
14. Where does Estelle say her husband is?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At work.
(c) At her funeral.
(d) At home.
15. What did Garcin describe his workplace as always being?
(a) Cold as a tomb.
(b) Stifingly hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Garcin say always got on his nerves?
2. Who asked Estelle to run away with him/her?
3. Who tries to take off his/her jacket?
4. Who is smoking cigars in one of the visions?
5. Whom does Inez believe to be her torturer, at first?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)