|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estelle's husband was...
(a) Much older.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An important politician.
(d) Young and athletic.
2. Whom does Garcin say always got on his nerves?
(b) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
3. What did Garcin describe his workplace as always being?
(c) Cold as a tomb.
(d) Stifingly hot.
4. Who says that he/she is already "in order"?
5. What was Estelle's brother like?
(a) Rough and ill-mannered.
(c) Terribly delicate.
(d) Rich and accomplished.
6. Which character is the first to offer up his/her sofa to the third person to enter the room?
7. Why are the three characters in the room?
(a) They have been arrested.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are waiting for a train.
(d) They are having a meeting.
8. What did Inez do for a living?
(a) Postal clerk.
9. Who asks the Valet if they can turn out the lights?
10. How many times does the door open?
11. Where was Garcin shot?
(a) In his back.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the head.
12. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
13. Which character says "I don't care much for men anyway"?
14. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
15. What is the temperature like in the room?
(a) Too hot.
(b) Too cold.
(c) Warm, but bearable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garcin sees whom in his vision?
2. What does Inez say they all must be guilty of?
3. How many windows are there in the room?
4. Will the Valet always come when the bell rings?
5. What did Estelle die of?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)