|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one of the characters, how many official torturers does Hell have?
(c) One for each dead person.
2. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
3. Whom does Garcin say always got on his nerves?
(c) His mistress.
(d) His wife.
4. What did Garcin describe his workplace as always being?
(b) Stifingly hot.
(c) Cold as a tomb.
5. What is Estelle's friend's name?
6. Whom does Inez believe to be her torturer, at first?
7. Which character is the most reluctant to sit there silently?
8. What does Inez say a torturer looks like?
9. In part 2, Estelle rebukes Garcin for...
(a) Sitting on her sofa.
(b) Sitting on Inez's sofa.
(c) Blocking the door.
(d) Ringing the bell for the Valet.
10. What did Estelle die of?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
11. Who sees Olga in a vision?
12. Who asked Estelle to run away with him/her?
(a) A younger man.
(c) One of her husband's business partners.
13. Who asks the Valet if they can turn out the lights?
14. How many times does the door open?
15. How many times was Garcin shot?
Short Answer Questions
1. Will the Valet always come when the bell rings?
2. What did Inez do for a living?
3. Which character is the first to offer up his/her sofa to the third person to enter the room?
4. Inez recognizes what a torturer looks like from...
5. What does Garcin try to move?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)