|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Inez die of?
(b) She was murdered by Olga.
(c) A gas leak.
(d) She was run over by a tram.
2. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
(a) Enjoyed bronze statues.
(b) Loathed angles.
(c) Upholstered her own sofas.
(d) Hired an interior designer.
3. Which character acts snobbish when he/she learns what the others did for a living?
4. Who is smoking cigars in one of the visions?
(c) Estelle's husband.
(d) Garcin's colleagues.
5. Which character wishes they were there "by mistake"?
6. Why are the three characters in the room?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are having a meeting.
(c) They are waiting for a train.
(d) They have been arrested.
7. How many times does the door open?
8. How many sofas are there in the room?
9. Which character says that the room is ugly?
10. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
(c) Friends or relatives.
11. How many times was Garcin shot?
12. Estelle is the first character to suggest that they...
(a) Share a sofa.
(b) Try to escape.
(c) Try to ignore each other.
(d) Introduce themselves.
13. Whom does Garcin see in his vision?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) His mother.
14. Which character is the most reluctant to sit there silently?
15. Who is the second character to enter the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature like in the room?
2. What happened to make Estelle's marriage unhappy?
3. What did Garcin describe his workplace as always being?
4. What did Estelle die of?
5. Who shows Garcin the way into the room?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)