|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says that the three are all "damned souls"?
2. Who is the second character to enter the room?
3. Why are the three characters in the room?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are waiting for a train.
(c) They have been arrested.
(d) They are having a meeting.
4. What happened to make Estelle's marriage unhappy?
(a) She met Garcin.
(b) She met a younger man.
(c) Her husband had an affair.
(d) She met Inez.
5. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Wait for the valet.
(b) Order takeout.
(c) Get themselves in order.
(d) Tell each other a story.
6. Which character enters the room first?
7. Whom does Inez believe to be her torturer, at first?
8. Will the Valet always come when the bell rings?
(a) Yes, the valet always responds to the bell.
(b) Yes, if you ring it twice.
(c) No, the bell rings in a different part of the house.
(d) No, the bell does not always work.
9. Which character used to go to parties at the country homes of her friends?
10. Whose sofa does not match her dress?
11. Where did Garcin live?
(b) Sao Paolo.
(c) Mexico City.
12. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
(a) Enjoyed bronze statues.
(b) Loathed angles.
(c) Upholstered her own sofas.
(d) Hired an interior designer.
13. When Estelle enters the room, who is already there?
(a) Inez and Florence.
(b) only Florence.
(c) only Garcin.
(d) Inez and Garcin.
14. Why are there no beds in the room?
(a) They are expected to sleep in the sofas.
(b) There is no need to sleep.
(c) The beds are upstairs, in a different part of the house.
(d) They will be out of the room before night.
15. What was Estelle's brother like?
(b) Terribly delicate.
(c) Rich and accomplished.
(d) Rough and ill-mannered.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Inez refers to a cafeteria, "Where customers serve themselves," what is she talking about?
2. Inez recognizes what a torturer looks like from...
3. Garcin sees whom in his vision?
4. Who asked Estelle to run away with him/her?
5. Who shows Garcin the way into the room?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)