|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Garcin shot?
2. Which character used to go to parties at the country homes of her friends?
3. Whose sofa does not match her dress?
4. Who is the second character to enter the room?
5. Estelle is the first character to suggest that they...
(a) Try to ignore each other.
(b) Share a sofa.
(c) Try to escape.
(d) Introduce themselves.
6. What does Inez realize first?
(a) That Estelle and Garcin are lovers.
(b) That the bronze cannot be moved.
(c) That the room has no windows.
(d) That they are to be each other's torturers.
7. Inez recognizes what a torturer looks like from...
(a) Looking at Estelle's reflection the window.
(b) Looking at the Valet's face.
(c) Looking at herself in the mirror.
(d) Looking at a picture of Florence.
8. Who says that he/she is already "in order"?
9. What did Inez die of?
(a) A gas leak.
(c) She was murdered by Olga.
(d) She was run over by a tram.
10. What does Inez say they all must be guilty of?
11. What is strange about Estelle's friend at her funeral?
(a) She did not cry.
(b) She wore read.
(c) She did not send flowers.
(d) She did not attend.
12. Why are the three characters in the room?
(a) They are having a meeting.
(b) They have been arrested.
(c) They are waiting for a train.
(d) They are dead.
13. In part 2, Estelle rebukes Garcin for...
(a) Sitting on her sofa.
(b) Blocking the door.
(c) Sitting on Inez's sofa.
(d) Ringing the bell for the Valet.
14. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Wait for the valet.
(b) Get themselves in order.
(c) Tell each other a story.
(d) Order takeout.
15. What is Garcin's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Estelle say her husband is?
2. Who tries to take off his/her jacket?
3. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
4. When Inez refers to a cafeteria, "Where customers serve themselves," what is she talking about?
5. Who is smoking cigars in one of the visions?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)