|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the door open?
2. Who has a vision of his/her room being shut up?
(a) Olga .
3. Whose sofa does not match her dress?
4. Who shows Garcin the way into the room?
5. According to one of the characters, how many official torturers does Hell have?
(c) One for each dead person.
6. What kind of newspaper did Garcin run?
7. Whom does Estelle expect in the room?
(a) Someone wearing a black suit.
(b) Someone with a baby.
(c) Someone with a ruined face.
(d) Someone beautiful.
8. What did Estelle die of?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
9. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Get themselves in order.
(b) Order takeout.
(c) Wait for the valet.
(d) Tell each other a story.
10. Where was Garcin shot?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In his back.
(d) In the chest.
11. Where did Garcin live?
(c) Sao Paolo.
(d) Mexico City.
12. What happened to make Estelle's marriage unhappy?
(a) Her husband had an affair.
(b) She met Inez.
(c) She met a younger man.
(d) She met Garcin.
13. What does Inez realize first?
(a) That they are to be each other's torturers.
(b) That Estelle and Garcin are lovers.
(c) That the bronze cannot be moved.
(d) That the room has no windows.
14. Whom does Garcin see in his vision?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His children.
(d) His mistress.
15. When talking about the decoration of the room, Estelle says that she has always...?
(a) Upholstered her own sofas.
(b) Enjoyed bronze statues.
(c) Loathed angles.
(d) Hired an interior designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character used to go to parties at the country homes of her friends?
2. Whom does Garcin say always got on his nerves?
3. How many years was Estelle happily married?
4. What was Estelle's brother like?
5. Whom did Estelle expect to meet in the room?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)