|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bronze statues are there?
2. How many years was Estelle happily married?
3. How many mirrors are there in the room?
4. Will the Valet always come when the bell rings?
(a) No, the bell rings in a different part of the house.
(b) Yes, the valet always responds to the bell.
(c) Yes, if you ring it twice.
(d) No, the bell does not always work.
5. What does Inez realize first?
(a) That Estelle and Garcin are lovers.
(b) That the room has no windows.
(c) That they are to be each other's torturers.
(d) That the bronze cannot be moved.
6. Who sees Olga in a vision?
7. What did Inez die of?
(a) A gas leak.
(b) She was run over by a tram.
(d) She was murdered by Olga.
8. Which character flirts with Estelle?
9. Which character enters the room first?
10. What does Inez say they all must be guilty of?
11. What does Estelle say she cannot stand a man in?
(d) Short pants.
12. What does Garcin suggest they all do?
(a) Order takeout.
(b) Tell each other a story.
(c) Get themselves in order.
(d) Wait for the valet.
13. Which character is the most reluctant to sit there silently?
14. What did Inez do for a living?
(a) Postal clerk.
15. When Estelle enters the room, who is already there?
(a) Inez and Garcin.
(b) Inez and Florence.
(c) only Garcin.
(d) only Florence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Garcin's profession?
2. What personal item does Garcin miss?
3. Who shows Garcin the way into the room?
4. What is the temperature like in the room?
5. Which character wishes they were there "by mistake"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)