|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a warrant out for Sully's arrest?
2. With what town does New Bath have a rivalry?
3. What is the tipping point in Vera's mental health?
4. What does Sully learn regarding his disability claim?
5. Why is Wacker in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vera deal with Peter's spending more time with Sully?
2. What happens to Vera when she learns that Peter is moving in with Sully?
3. What is the state of Peter's life and why does he not want to return to West Virginia?
4. Why is Vera upset about Peter's working with Sully?
5. Why does Sully have only two weeks to move out of Miss Beryl's house?
6. What are the circumstances that make Rub quit the job?
7. Why are the town's hopes for some economic recovery dashed again?
8. Why is Rub upset with the introduction of Peter and Will into Sully's life?
9. What influence has Peter had on Sully's life?
10. What are the terms of Sully's becoming owner of the house on Bowdon Street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
NOBODY'S FOOL is a classic story of the triumph of the human spirit. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)