|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sully's father's name?
2. Where are Charlotte and the two boys living temporarily?
3. What is Rub's reaction to Sully's directive in #136?
4. Where does Carl tell Sully that he will visit him?
5. What does Miss Beryl miss about Sully's not being around so much anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sully have only two weeks to move out of Miss Beryl's house?
2. How has Sully's luck begun to change while he was in jail?
3. Explain a situation where Sully is very generous with Carl's belongings.
4. What deal do Sully and Carl make regarding hardwood flooring from the Bowdon house?
5. What self destructive behavior does Clive Jr. exhibit after the failure of the theme park deal?
6. Why does Sully think he has been caught working?
7. What influence has Peter had on Sully's life?
8. How does Miss Beryl feel about Sully's imminent move?
9. What is the state of Peter's life and why does he not want to return to West Virginia?
10. What does Peter think is wrong with his mother given her recent behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It can be said of NOBODY'S FOOL that nothing really happens. Explain how NOBODY'S FOOL is a character-driven book as opposed to a plot-driven book. How well does Russon develop the characters to make them real and engaging?
Essay Topic 2
Do a brief character sketch of Peter including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in the late 20th century when the women in the novel are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms do they have that women in prior times did not have?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)