|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Beryl send to rescue the person in #69?
2. Who is Sully's ex-wife's husband?
3. Which one of Peter's sons runs away on Thanksgiving night?
4. In what state is North Bath located?
5. Who owns the restaurant in #37?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Deidre and why does Peter call her on Thanksgiving evening?
2. What will happen to Sully if he is found to be working?
3. Why is New Bath economically depressed?
4. What reason is revealed about why Clive Jr. does not like Sully?
5. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
6. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
7. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
8. Describe how Sully leads a strange existence.
9. What is Sully's relationship with his family?
10. What is the setting for NOBODY'S FOOL?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Sully and Carl Roebuck. What is the source of the conflict? Why does it perpetuate? Describe the strange nature of their relationship.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)