|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive Jr.'s fiancee break at Miss Beryl's house?
2. Mrs. Gruber wants Miss Beryl to attend ___________________.
3. With whom will Miss Beryl be having Thanksgiving dinner this year?
4. Who does Miss Beryl send to rescue the person in #69?
5. What does Ralph give to Sully when he picks up the lost boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
2. How does Sully end up with Will and what information does Will share with him?
3. How is Sully able to get the money and the pain medication he needs on Thanksgiving Day?
4. What is Sully's relationship with his family?
5. What reason is revealed about why Clive Jr. does not like Sully?
6. How does Miss Beryl know that Mrs. Gruber has betrayed her?
7. Who is Donald Sullivan and what is his current situation?
8. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
9. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
10. What plans does Sully have for Thanksgiving dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Survival seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of survival? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Peter including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)