|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Jerry's Pizza?
2. Who is Carl Roebuck's wife?
3. Who is Sully's daughter-in-law?
4. With whom does Sully have coffee this morning?
5. What does Carl let Sully borrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is New Bath economically depressed?
2. Who is Joyce and what is Miss Beryl's opinion of her?
3. What reason is revealed about why Clive Jr. does not like Sully?
4. What is Miss Beryl's relationship with her son, Clive Jr.?
5. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
6. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
7. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
8. Why does Peter call an ambulance for his father on Thanksgiving night?
9. Who is Donald Sullivan and what is his current situation?
10. Why do Sully and Ruth part angrily after Sully proposes marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Sully, Carl, Peter and Miss Beryl. Be sure to include work, socialization, marital status, hobbies, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of NOBODY'S FOOL. What is the significance of the town's economic depression? How does it impact the setting?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)