|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sully do at the OTB?
2. Who is Rub's wife?
3. Who gave Sully money after his apartment burned?
4. What job does Carl have for Sully?
5. To whom does Sully return the person in #69?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miss Beryl's relationship with her son, Clive Jr.?
2. Why is Sully jealous of Carl?
3. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
4. What is the setting for NOBODY'S FOOL?
5. Why does Peter call an ambulance for his father on Thanksgiving night?
6. How does Miss Beryl know that Mrs. Gruber has betrayed her?
7. What will happen to Sully if he is found to be working?
8. Describe the strange relationship between Carl and Sully.
9. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
10. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a brief character sketch of Peter including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
NOBODY'S FOOL is a classic story of the triumph of the human spirit. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Rub including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)