|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is North Bath located?
2. What did the judge in Sully's disability claim tell him?
3. What part of Sully's body had been injured and gives him problems?
4. Where does Sully go to look for a truck?
5. Who owns Jerry's Pizza?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dynamic of Sully's family?
2. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
3. What reason is revealed about why Clive Jr. does not like Sully?
4. Who is Carl Roebuck and what is the standing disagreement between him and Sully?
5. Why does Peter call an ambulance for his father on Thanksgiving night?
6. What is the setting for NOBODY'S FOOL?
7. Who was Kenny and why does Sully have such fond memories of him?
8. Why is New Bath economically depressed?
9. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
10. What is Miss Beryl's relationship with her son, Clive Jr.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe The Horse. What is its role in the community? Is it typical of establishments in small towns in America?
Essay Topic 2
Survival seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of survival? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Sully including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)