|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Beryl's marital status?
2. Who is Rub's wife?
3. Which one of Peter's sons runs away on Thanksgiving night?
4. What does Clive Jr.'s fiancee break at Miss Beryl's house?
5. Which New Bath hotel burned in 1903?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Sully leads a strange existence.
2. What plans does Sully have for Thanksgiving dinner?
3. What is the dynamic of Sully's family?
4. How does Miss Beryl know that Mrs. Gruber has betrayed her?
5. How is Sully able to get the money and the pain medication he needs on Thanksgiving Day?
6. Who is Carl Roebuck and what is the standing disagreement between him and Sully?
7. Who was Kenny and why does Sully have such fond memories of him?
8. Why does Peter call an ambulance for his father on Thanksgiving night?
9. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
10. How much does Sully heed Wirf's advice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)