|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Sully money after his apartment burned?
2. Where does Sully go to look for a truck?
3. Who is waiting for Sully when he returns home?
4. What does Ralph give to Sully when he picks up the lost boy?
5. Why does Sully agree to meet Carl at the donut shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Sully and Ruth part angrily after Sully proposes marriage?
2. How much does Sully heed Wirf's advice?
3. Who is Carl Roebuck and what is the standing disagreement between him and Sully?
4. Who is Donald Sullivan and what is his current situation?
5. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
6. Who is Joyce and what is Miss Beryl's opinion of her?
7. What is the dynamic of Sully's family?
8. What happens to the scheduled meeting Sully has with Miles Anderson?
9. What will happen to Sully if he is found to be working?
10. Why is New Bath economically depressed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It can be said of NOBODY'S FOOL that nothing really happens. Explain how NOBODY'S FOOL is a character-driven book as opposed to a plot-driven book. How well does Russon develop the characters to make them real and engaging?
Essay Topic 2
Do a brief character sketch of Rub including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 3
Describe The Horse. What is its role in the community? Is it typical of establishments in small towns in America?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)