|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ruth's husband?
2. What does Ralph give to Sully when he picks up the lost boy?
3. What is Sully's son's profession?
4. Who is Miss Beryl's son?
5. What does Carl let Sully borrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Donald Sullivan and what is his current situation?
2. What happens to the scheduled meeting Sully has with Miles Anderson?
3. Who is Joyce and what is Miss Beryl's opinion of her?
4. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
5. Describe the strange relationship between Carl and Sully.
6. Why do Sully and Ruth part angrily after Sully proposes marriage?
7. Who is Deidre and why does Peter call her on Thanksgiving evening?
8. What reason is revealed about why Clive Jr. does not like Sully?
9. How does Miss Beryl know that Mrs. Gruber has betrayed her?
10. What is Sully's relationship with his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of NOBODY'S FOOL. What is the significance of the town's economic depression? How does it impact the setting?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Peter including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)