|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sully miffed at the man in #38?
2. What is the imminent holiday as the novel opens?
3. With whom is Sully having an affair?
4. What does Peter tell his mistress when he calls her?
5. Who is Rub's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sully jealous of Carl?
2. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
3. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
4. How much does Sully heed Wirf's advice?
5. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
6. Who is Deidre and why does Peter call her on Thanksgiving evening?
7. What is the dynamic of Sully's family?
8. How does Sully end up with Will and what information does Will share with him?
9. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
10. What is Sully's relationship with his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
NOBODY'S FOOL is a classic story of the triumph of the human spirit. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in the late 20th century when the women in the novel are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms do they have that women in prior times did not have?
Essay Topic 3
Russo liberally uses humor in the story to both entertain and convey character. Cite at least two examples which you find especially humorous.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)