|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sully?
2. With whom is Carl having an affair?
3. With whom is Sully infatuated?
4. With whom is Sully having an affair?
5. What job does Carl have for Sully?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the scheduled meeting Sully has with Miles Anderson?
2. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
3. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
4. How much does Sully heed Wirf's advice?
5. How does Sully end up with Will and what information does Will share with him?
6. How is Sully able to get the money and the pain medication he needs on Thanksgiving Day?
7. How does Sully behave when Miles Anderson tries to reach him at The Horse?
8. What plans does Sully have for Thanksgiving dinner?
9. Who is Donald Sullivan and what is his current situation?
10. Describe the strange relationship between Carl and Sully.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Sully and Carl Roebuck. What is the source of the conflict? Why does it perpetuate? Describe the strange nature of their relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of NOBODY'S FOOL. What is the significance of the town's economic depression? How does it impact the setting?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)