|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carl Roebuck's wife?
2. What had been the town's attraction in the 1800s?
3. Who is Carl Roebuck's secretary?
4. What does Clive Jr.'s fiancee break at Miss Beryl's house?
5. With whom does Sully have coffee this morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
2. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
3. Who is Deidre and why does Peter call her on Thanksgiving evening?
4. How does Sully end up with Will and what information does Will share with him?
5. Why is Sully jealous of Carl?
6. What reason is revealed about why Clive Jr. does not like Sully?
7. What will happen to Sully if he is found to be working?
8. What plans does Sully have for Thanksgiving dinner?
9. Why does Peter call an ambulance for his father on Thanksgiving night?
10. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a brief character sketch of Rub including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
It can be said of NOBODY'S FOOL that nothing really happens. Explain how NOBODY'S FOOL is a character-driven book as opposed to a plot-driven book. How well does Russon develop the characters to make them real and engaging?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)