|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carl Roebuck's secretary?
2. What does Sully do at the OTB?
3. Who is Carl Roebuck's wife?
4. What does Ralph give to Sully when he picks up the lost boy?
5. What does Carl give Sully on Friday morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason is revealed about why Clive Jr. does not like Sully?
2. Who is Joyce and what is Miss Beryl's opinion of her?
3. Why do Sully and Ruth part angrily after Sully proposes marriage?
4. Why is Sully jealous of Carl?
5. Why is New Bath economically depressed?
6. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
7. What is the setting for NOBODY'S FOOL?
8. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
9. Describe how Sully leads a strange existence.
10. How much does Sully heed Wirf's advice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a brief character sketch of Sully including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of NOBODY'S FOOL. What is the significance of the town's economic depression? How does it impact the setting?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)