|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sully go to look for a truck?
2. Why is Sully in his truck in front of his ex-wife's home on Thanksgiving evening?
3. What does Clive Jr. want his mother to do with her house?
4. Sully sends Rub to buy ________________ while they wait for Miles Anderson.
5. Who gave Sully money after his apartment burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
2. Why do Sully and Ruth part angrily after Sully proposes marriage?
3. Why is Sully ignoring the advice about how to take care of his injured knee?
4. Describe the strange relationship between Carl and Sully.
5. Why does Peter call an ambulance for his father on Thanksgiving night?
6. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
7. What is the dynamic of Sully's family?
8. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
9. Who is Carl Roebuck and what is the standing disagreement between him and Sully?
10. How does Sully end up with Will and what information does Will share with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in the late 20th century when the women in the novel are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms do they have that women in prior times did not have?
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
It can be said of NOBODY'S FOOL that nothing really happens. Explain how NOBODY'S FOOL is a character-driven book as opposed to a plot-driven book. How well does Russon develop the characters to make them real and engaging?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)