|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Beryl see wandering around in her housecoat?
2. What type of job does Miles Anderson have for Sully?
3. Why does Sully agree to meet Carl at the donut shop?
4. What does Sully do at the OTB?
5. How does Sully feel about being around people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sully end up with Will and what information does Will share with him?
2. Why is New Bath economically depressed?
3. What plans does Sully have for Thanksgiving dinner?
4. What is the setting for NOBODY'S FOOL?
5. Why is Sully jealous of Carl?
6. Who is Donald Sullivan and what is his current situation?
7. How is Sully able to get the money and the pain medication he needs on Thanksgiving Day?
8. How much does Sully heed Wirf's advice?
9. What happens to the scheduled meeting Sully has with Miles Anderson?
10. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a brief character sketch of Miss Beryl including positive and negative characteristics. What are her physical characteristics? What are her hopes and dreams? What is important to her at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Russo is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Russo liberally uses humor in the story to both entertain and convey character. Cite at least two examples which you find especially humorous.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)