|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been the town's attraction in the 1800s?
2. What is one of the few restaurants in North Bath that is open year round?
3. In what state is North Bath located?
4. What job do Sully and Rub do on Thanksgiving?
5. What does Sully buy the boy in #56?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sully jealous of Carl?
2. Who was Kenny and why does Sully have such fond memories of him?
3. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
4. Why is New Bath economically depressed?
5. Why does Peter call an ambulance for his father on Thanksgiving night?
6. What is the dynamic of Sully's family?
7. Describe the strange relationship between Carl and Sully.
8. Who is Deidre and why does Peter call her on Thanksgiving evening?
9. How is Sully able to get the money and the pain medication he needs on Thanksgiving Day?
10. What is Miss Beryl's relationship with her son, Clive Jr.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
NOBODY'S FOOL is a classic story of the triumph of the human spirit. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Russo liberally uses humor in the story to both entertain and convey character. Cite at least two examples which you find especially humorous.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)