|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the restaurant in #37?
2. What advice does Sully's attorney give him?
3. What is the town next to New Bath?
4. With whom will Miss Beryl be having Thanksgiving dinner this year?
5. Who is the best customer at the restaurant in #37?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sully able to get the money and the pain medication he needs on Thanksgiving Day?
2. What is the setting for NOBODY'S FOOL?
3. Is it easy for people to have any privacy in North Bath?
4. Who was Kenny and why does Sully have such fond memories of him?
5. Why is The Horse such a popular spot in New Bath?
6. What is the status of Sully's disability claim?
7. Why do Sully and Ruth part angrily after Sully proposes marriage?
8. Who is Donald Sullivan and what is his current situation?
9. What will happen to Sully if he is found to be working?
10. Why is Sully jealous of Carl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a brief character sketch of Miss Beryl including positive and negative characteristics. What are her physical characteristics? What are her hopes and dreams? What is important to her at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Russo is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)