|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Beryl serve to Janey and her daughter?
(b) Popcorn balls.
(c) Pumpkin pie.
2. What decision has Cass made regarding Hattie?
(a) To put her in a nursing home.
(b) To send her to her sister's house.
(c) To obtain power of attorney.
(d) To move her into her house.
3. What does Sully tell Peter to take back to West Virginia with him?
(a) Thanksgiving leftovers.
(b) The snowblower.
(c) The El Camino.
(d) A credit card.
4. Who is Janey's daughter?
5. Who/what has been the major force of change in Sully's life?
(a) Going to jail.
(b) His knee injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sitting on a tree stump when the men return to work on the Anderson house?
2. Who is Janey's husband?
3. Where were Clive Jr. and Joyce headed on a vacation?
4. How much money does Sully lose in the poker game?
5. Why does Miss Beryl enter Sully's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rub quit and leave the job site after Peter returns with some beer in the afternoon?
2. Why is Rub upset with the introduction of Peter and Will into Sully's life?
3. What are the circumstances that make Rub quit the job?
4. What is the state of Peter's life and why does he not want to return to West Virginia?
5. What are the terms of Sully's becoming owner of the house on Bowdon Street?
6. Why is Vera upset about Peter's working with Sully?
7. Why is Miss Beryl questioning her allegiance to Sully and thinking that Clive Jr. might be right about him?
8. What happens to Vera when she learns that Peter is moving in with Sully?
9. Why does Sully think he has been caught working?
10. Why does Clive Jr. feel like a failure?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)