|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sully's father's name?
(d) Big Jim.
2. Why is Miss Beryl so shaken up?
(a) She got a bad report at the doctor's office.
(b) Clive Jr. yelled at her.
(c) The shooting in front of her house.
(d) Her sister has died.
3. What memory does Sully have as Rub is talking about his life?
(a) The death of the parish priest.
(b) His high school graduation.
(c) His wedding day.
(d) The birth of his son.
4. Where has Sully taken a part-time job?
(a) Howard Johnson's.
(b) The Horse.
(d) Dairy Queen.
5. In what state is Clive Jr. accumulating speeding tickets?
(c) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter bring with him when he returns to the job site in the late afternoon?
2. What investment project of Clive Jr.'s has fallen through?
3. What news does Carl have for Sully?
4. How much did Sully win on the Trifecta bet Peter placed while Sully was in jail?
5. What does the doctor think is wrong with Miss Beryl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clive Jr. feel like a failure?
2. Why does Rub quit and leave the job site after Peter returns with some beer in the afternoon?
3. Why does Sully have only two weeks to move out of Miss Beryl's house?
4. How has Sully's luck begun to change while he was in jail?
5. What does Miss Beryl vow not to do again after following Clive Jr.s' advice?
6. What are the circumstances that make Rub quit the job?
7. What self destructive behavior does Clive Jr. exhibit after the failure of the theme park deal?
8. What are the terms of Sully's becoming owner of the house on Bowdon Street?
9. Explain a situation where Sully is very generous with Carl's belongings.
10. How does Sully convince Rub to return to work with him?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)