|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sully and Peter find in the snow on the way home?
(a) A keg of beer.
(b) A dead deer.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A rifle.
2. What decision has Cass made regarding Hattie?
(a) To put her in a nursing home.
(b) To send her to her sister's house.
(c) To move her into her house.
(d) To obtain power of attorney.
3. Who/what has been the major force of change in Sully's life?
(a) His knee injury.
(b) Going to jail.
4. Why is Wacker in the hospital?
(a) He has leukemia.
(b) He is having his tonsils removed.
(c) He has to have gallbladder surgery.
(d) He has to have dialysis.
5. Where are Charlotte and the two boys living temporarily?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Beryl go to the doctor in Schuyler Spirngs?
2. Why does Ruth stop in to see Miss Beryl?
3. What is Vera doing when Sully finds her?
4. What does Peter bring with him when he returns to the job site in the late afternoon?
5. Sully makes a game out of stealing Carl's ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clive Jr. feel like a failure?
2. What changes has Ruth made in her life?
3. Why is Vera upset about Peter's working with Sully?
4. How does Miss Beryl feel about Sully's imminent move?
5. Why is Rub upset with the introduction of Peter and Will into Sully's life?
6. What are the terms of Sully's becoming owner of the house on Bowdon Street?
7. What is Sully's experience in jail?
8. Why does Rub quit and leave the job site after Peter returns with some beer in the afternoon?
9. What influence has Peter had on Sully's life?
10. Why is Miss Beryl questioning her allegiance to Sully and thinking that Clive Jr. might be right about him?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)