|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Sully charge Carl for the item in #115?
2. What does Sully tell Rub to do after Peter comes back?
(a) To go home.
(b) To take the truck to the mechanic.
(c) To take flowers to his wife.
(d) To pick up sandwiches.
3. What does Sully do when the police officer fires a warning shot?
(a) Shoots back at him.
(b) Tries to run him over.
(c) Gets out of the truck and hits him.
(d) Speeds away in the truck.
4. Where does Vera have a nervous breakdown?
(a) At the beauty salon.
(b) At The Horse.
(c) In her father's old house.
(d) At Hattie's.
5. How much money does Sully win playing cribbage with the police while in jail?
(a) About $500.
(b) Over $200.
(c) Almost $300.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street is Sully's father's house located?
2. What is the content of the list that Miss Beryl vows to create?
3. What announcement does Peter make regarding his immediate future?
4. Sully makes a game out of stealing Carl's ______________.
5. What does Miss Beryl miss about Sully's not being around so much anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Beryl vow not to do again after following Clive Jr.s' advice?
2. Why is Miss Beryl questioning her allegiance to Sully and thinking that Clive Jr. might be right about him?
3. Describe Sully's encounter with Officer Raymer.
4. What is the state of Peter's life and why does he not want to return to West Virginia?
5. What is Sully's general opinion of authority and how does he exhibit his views?
6. Why are the town's hopes for some economic recovery dashed again?
7. What does Wirf tell Sully about the state of Wirf's health?
8. Why does Rub quit and leave the job site after Peter returns with some beer in the afternoon?
9. What are the terms of Sully's becoming owner of the house on Bowdon Street?
10. What self destructive behavior does Clive Jr. exhibit after the failure of the theme park deal?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)