|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl want out of Sully's father's old house?
(a) The fireplace mantle.
(b) The furniture.
(c) The stained glass windows.
(d) The hardwood floors.
2. What does Vera do to protest her dislike of Peter's working with Sully?
(a) She has Ralph talk to him about it.
(b) She threatens to disinherit him.
(c) She stays locked in her bedroom.
(d) She calls him on the phone constantly.
3. Why can Sully not move out of Miss Beryl's house by the first of the year?
(a) His lease is not up yet.
(b) He does not have a place to go.
(c) He doesnt' think Miss Beryl can take care of herself.
(d) He is in jail.
4. What is Rub's family's business?
(b) Trash removal.
(c) Auto repair.
(d) Food service.
5. What is wrong with Miss Beryl when Sully comes downstairs this morning?
(a) She is covered with blood.
(b) She is trembling.
(c) She is incoherent.
(d) She has fainted.
6. What does Sully tell Rub to do after Peter comes back?
(a) To pick up sandwiches.
(b) To go home.
(c) To take the truck to the mechanic.
(d) To take flowers to his wife.
7. What was Sully's father's name?
(c) Big Jim.
8. From where has Peter just returned?
(d) Schuyler Springs.
9. With what town does New Bath have a rivalry?
(c) Schuyler Springs.
(d) White Plains.
10. In how many weeks will Sully be moving?
11. What memory does Sully have as Rub is talking about his life?
(a) His high school graduation.
(b) His wedding day.
(c) The birth of his son.
(d) The death of the parish priest.
12. What does Rub do as he walks home?
(b) Talks to himself.
(c) Says his prayers.
(d) Sings Christmas carols.
13. What news does Carl have for Sully?
(a) Carl is selling the business.
(b) Carl has Cancer.
(c) Toby is pregnant.
(d) Toby has moved to Boston.
14. Where do Sully, Wirf and the police attend a meeting?
(a) Sully's jail cell.
(b) The judge's chambers.
(c) The Horse.
15. Who/what has been the major force of change in Sully's life?
(b) Going to jail.
(d) His knee injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sully's most pressing need for money?
2. What is Vera doing when Sully finds her?
3. What does Sully learn regarding his disability claim?
4. What job does Sully take?
5. What does the doctor think is wrong with Miss Beryl?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)