|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Beryl serve to Janey and her daughter?
(b) Pumpkin pie.
(d) Popcorn balls.
2. With what town does New Bath have a rivalry?
(b) White Plains.
(d) Schuyler Springs.
3. Janey's husband hits her with _____________.
(a) a bottle.
(b) a rifle.
(c) his fist.
(d) a bat.
4. What is wrong with Miss Beryl when she gets up in the morning?
(a) Her arthritis is acting up.
(b) She thinks she has the flu.
(c) She is angry at Olivia.
(d) She didn't get enough sleep last night.
5. What is Vera doing when Sully finds her?
(a) Loading a gun.
(b) Taking off her clothes.
(c) Tearin up magazines.
(d) Shredding draperies.
6. What do Sully and Peter find in the snow on the way home?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A dead deer.
(d) A keg of beer.
7. Under what terms could Sully buy his father's house?
(a) If he would turn it into apartments.
(b) If he agrees not to turn it into a bar.
(c) If he pays the back taxes.
(d) If he can build a tall fence around it.
8. Sully makes a game out of stealing Carl's ______________.
(a) tool box.
(b) chain saw.
(c) El Camino.
9. In what state is Clive Jr. accumulating speeding tickets?
(a) West Virginia.
10. What news does Carl have for Sully?
(a) Toby has moved to Boston.
(b) Carl is selling the business.
(c) Toby is pregnant.
(d) Carl has Cancer.
11. What announcement does Peter make regarding his immediate future?
(a) He does not intend to finish his last semester of teaching.
(b) He will reconcile with Charlotte.
(c) He will sign the divorce papers.
(d) He will move to Vancouver.
12. Where has Sully taken a part-time job?
(a) The Horse.
(b) Dairy Queen.
(c) Howard Johnson's.
13. What does Carl want out of Sully's father's old house?
(a) The hardwood floors.
(b) The fireplace mantle.
(c) The furniture.
(d) The stained glass windows.
14. What does Miss Beryl miss about Sully's not being around so much anymore?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(b) Their morning chats.
(c) His laugh.
(d) Cooking for someone.
15. Who offers Sully a place to stay until he can find an apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rub do as he walks home?
2. Who/what has been the major force of change in Sully's life?
3. What beverage does Miss Beryl drink as she watches the falling snow?
4. What does Sully tell Rub to do after Peter comes back?
5. Sully drives his truck _________________ to follow Rub.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)