|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the imminent holiday as the novel opens?
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Fourth of July.
2. Why does Miss Beryl not want Sully to move?
(a) He is a good conversationalist.
(b) He is someone she can count on.
(c) She would be too lonely.
(d) He pays his rent ahead of time.
3. Why is Sully in his truck in front of his ex-wife's home on Thanksgiving evening?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is trying to get the truck to start.
(c) He is trying to decide whether to go inside.
(d) He is listening to the radio.
4. To whom does Sully return the person in #69?
5. What job does Carl have for Sully?
(a) Pick up some cement blocks.
(b) Rip up old flooring in his house.
(c) Deliver some architectural drawings.
(d) Put up drywall in a new house.
6. What does Peter tell his mistress when he calls her?
(a) He is getting back together with his wife.
(b) He wants to end their relationship?
(c) He wants her to move in with him.
(d) He wants to marry her.
7. What kind of car is Sully's son driving when he stops to pick up Sully?
(a) Grand Am.
8. Who is Peter's other son?
9. What is the person in #38 thinking of doing?
(a) Moving to Florida.
(b) Changing the menu.
(c) Staying open 24 hours.
(d) Expanding the restaurant.
10. What is the state of Peter and Charlotte's marriage?
(a) They will separate after the holidays.
(b) They are almost divorced.
(c) They are very happy.
(d) They are separated.
11. Why is Sully miffed at the man in #38?
(a) He is a gossip.
(b) He is a liar.
(c) He never buys rounds of drinks.
(d) He had an affair with his wife.
12. Who is Sully's ex-wife's husband?
13. Where does Sully go to look for a truck?
(a) A-1 Used Cars.
(b) Harold's Automotive World.
(c) New Bath Dodge dealership.
(d) Planet Ford dealership.
14. Who is Peter's mistress?
15. What does Miss Beryl notice when she returns home after Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) Someone left a pumpkin pie.
(b) It has begun to snow.
(c) Clive Jr.'s car is parked in front of her house.
(d) There was a floral delivery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sully have coffee with the person in #11?
2. Why does Sully agree to meet Carl at the donut shop?
3. What is the outcome of Sully's meeting with Miles Anderson?
4. Who is Sully's son?
5. What does Sully need but cannot get because it is Thanksgiving and stores are closed?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)