|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl let Sully borrow?
(a) His power saw.
(b) His vacation home.
(c) His El Camino.
(d) His van.
2. What has Sully asked Ruth to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Loan him her car.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Let him move into her house.
3. What is the outcome of Sully's meeting with Miles Anderson?
(a) Miles never showed for the meeting.
(b) Miles gave Sully a payment advance.
(c) Sully needs to provide Miles with an estimate.
(d) Miles requested references from Sully.
4. With whom will Miss Beryl be having Thanksgiving dinner this year?
(b) Mrs. Gruber.
(c) Clive Jr.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Andrews.
5. What does Clive Jr.'s fiancee break at Miss Beryl's house?
(a) Queen Anne chair.
(b) A tray of champagne glasses.
(c) Waterford crystal goblet.
(d) Mikasa china dinner plate.
6. Who is Sully?
(a) Miss Beryl's youngest son.
(b) Miss Beryl's boarder.
(c) Miss Beryl's brother.
(d) The mayor of New Bath.
7. What is the profession of the person in #8?
(a) Newspaper editor.
(b) University professor.
(c) Bank president.
8. Who is Peter's mistress?
9. Who is Sully's daughter-in-law?
10. Why is Sully miffed at the man in #38?
(a) He is a liar.
(b) He is a gossip.
(c) He never buys rounds of drinks.
(d) He had an affair with his wife.
11. Who is waiting for Sully when he returns home?
12. Mrs. Gruber wants Miss Beryl to attend ___________________.
(a) a book club meeting.
(b) a supermarket grand opening.
(c) a card party.
(d) a birthday luncheon.
13. What is the person in #38 thinking of doing?
(a) Staying open 24 hours.
(b) Changing the menu.
(c) Expanding the restaurant.
(d) Moving to Florida.
14. Who is Sully's son?
15. What is Sully's son's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Miss Beryl in a grumpy mood on Friday morning?
2. To whom does Sully return the person in #69?
3. Who phones Sully at The Horse?
4. Where does Sully have coffee with the person in #11?
5. With whom does Sully have coffee this morning?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)