|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary say caused Donna to run off the bus and into traffic?
2. What did the teacher in Donna's biology class have a student explain after Donna's naive answer regarding how plants live?
3. Donna states that the perceptual problems of deafness, muteness, and blindness in an autistic person are caused by _____.
4. Karen's philosophy of men was that they were all _____.
5. Tim and Donna established a marvelous sense of _____ together.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the label of autism not useless to Donna?
2. What was Donna's strategy for "letting go" so she could function in the world better?
3. How did Donna and the Welshman play on the farm equipment and what is she reminded of when he gives her a hand up on one of the pieces of equipment?
4. Why did Donna begin to slap herself and pull out her hair?
5. Why was Donna so moved by the letter from the Welshman?
6. How did Donna feel when she gave her university professor a poem as a gift?
7. What reason did Donna's father give for her family's belief that she was autistic as a child?
8. How was Donna's termination of the relationship with Bryn different than the other times she had done this?
9. Why does Donna believe that being sane or intelligent is not superior to being insane or retarded?
10. Why didn't David want to work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Donna reacts to primary school. What are her social interactions? What subjects does she excel in and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the violence that Donna's mother would put her through when she came home from high school. What did Donna do one day to try to avoid the violence? What was the result? What did a voice in her head say when this was happening?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Donna cut her wrists. What incident prompted this? Whose house did Donna go to for help? What reason did she give Mary for her behavior?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)