|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donna states that the perceptual problems of deafness, muteness, and blindness in an autistic person are caused by _____.
2. Karen's philosophy of men was that they were all _____.
3. Donna writes that autism is an extreme example of a mechanism that acts to _____.
4. As Carol lost awareness, Donna felt _____.
5. The _____ professions appealed to the part of Donna that had come to mirror Mary.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Donna and Bryn communicate with each other?
2. Why was the label of autism not useless to Donna?
3. How did Donna communicate with Perry?
4. When Donna presented Carol and Willie to Mary, how did Donna perceive the relationship between these two personalities?
5. What happened with Donna's money situation when she got to Amsterdam?
6. Why did Donna begin to slap herself and pull out her hair?
7. How did Donna feel when she gave her university professor a poem as a gift?
8. Why did Donna feel secure with Kat?
9. Why does Donna believe that being sane or intelligent is not superior to being insane or retarded?
10. What happened when Donna called Mary at home after drinking alcohol and taking the pills she prescribed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the violence that Donna's mother would put her through when she came home from high school. What did Donna do one day to try to avoid the violence? What was the result? What did a voice in her head say when this was happening?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Donna's mother and brother began to tease her when she was twelve. What was the dynamic between the two of them? How did Donna's brother mock her? What effect did this have on Donna?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Donna's relationship with Terry. What did she do with Terry? How did Terry's mother feel about Donna? Why did Terry like Donna?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)