|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary wrote out a prescription, Donna felt that she interpreted her condition as _____.
2. Donna characterized Carol's relationship to David as that of a _____.
3. At times, Donna had been considered moronic, stupid, and more politely, _____.
4. What was the name of Kath's son?
5. What did the Welshman give to Donna that she opened in her hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Donna teach Anne to calm herself down when she was anxious?
2. What does Donna write about "soft options" and does she espouse them?
3. What did Donna realize when she met other autistic people?
4. How did Donna and the Welshman play on the farm equipment and what is she reminded of when he gives her a hand up on one of the pieces of equipment?
5. What was Donna's strategy for "letting go" so she could function in the world better?
6. How does Donna say that severe food intolerances affected her brain?
7. Why didn't David want to work?
8. How was Donna's termination of the relationship with Bryn different than the other times she had done this?
9. Why does Donna believe that being sane or intelligent is not superior to being insane or retarded?
10. How did Donna and Bryn communicate with each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the dynamic between Donna, Karen, and Tim. Which of Donna's personalities was at the forefront in this social situation? How did Karen affect the relationship between Donna and Tim?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Donna's relationship with Garry. How did he treat her? How did he take advantage of her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Donna's relationship with her Aunty Linda as she got older. What were her aunt's explanations for these questions? How did Donna react to hearing about the violence of her childhood?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)