|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donna had a fascination with _____, which her father often indulged with a story about them.
(a) Plastic animals.
(b) Large smooth objects.
(c) Wooden relics.
(d) Small fancy things.
2. What does Donna call the teacher at Terry's school in her recollection of the man?
(a) An elf.
(b) A troll.
(c) A sprite.
(d) A goblin.
3. How did Donna feel around her older brother when he would come to visit?
(a) Like she was on automatic pilot.
(b) Like she was under her mother's bed.
(c) Like she was his maid.
(d) Like she was a princess.
4. As she got older, Donna's _____ became her only sense of realness.
(c) Home life.
5. For Donna, the air was full of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donna's grandfather used to play with _____ to amuse her.
2. What did the boys who followed Donna home from the local shop where she would call Robyn open in Donna's flat?
3. What kind of dog did Donna's brother Tom begin sleeping with at the age of three?
4. Donna felt _____ when she didn't speak.
5. What made Donna look like she was on drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the history teacher at Donna's last school like to talk about in class?
2. How did Donna symbolically 'murder part of herself'?
3. What kinds of foods did Donna eat?
4. How did Donna eat at Robyn's house?
5. How did Donna's mother make her life intolerable because of the jealousy of her musical abilities?
6. What was Donna's relationship like with the three-year-old daughter of Garry's sister?
7. What did Donna think when she saw children in the backyards of their grandmothers?
8. What was Donna's first dream about?
9. How did Donna understand the content of the stories she read in class?
10. What did Donna do when her classmates got violent with Sara and the new boy in her primary school class?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)