|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Reynolds announce that caused Donna to bang her head on the desk the last week of school?
(a) His leaving teaching.
(b) His divorce.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His moving to Europe.
2. What did Donna do to one of her school folders that she mended with household paint?
(a) Dragged in the mud.
(b) Shredded the cover.
(c) Left in a sink full of water.
(d) Wrote profanity on.
3. What did the doctor give to Donna to keep her occupied when she visited?
(a) A set of crayons and a coloring book.
(b) A doll in a car.
(c) An edition of Highlights magazine.
(d) A multi-colored cardboard wheel.
4. Donna had to catch a bus and a _____ to get to her school, which was three suburbs away from her house.
5. What aspect of piano playing was Donna uninterested in?
(a) The feel of the keys.
(b) Sheet music.
(c) Playing by ear.
(d) The tinkling sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sara from?
2. What had Trish loaned Donna when she went to stay with her?
3. What kind of dog did Donna's brother Tom begin sleeping with at the age of three?
4. Donna's grandfather used to play with _____ to amuse her.
5. With what did Donna cut her face when her father came home one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tom come to Donna's flat and what happened as a result?
2. How did Donna's mother react when Donna cut her own face?
3. What was Donna's relationship like with the three-year-old daughter of Garry's sister?
4. How did Donna treat friendships that she had with other kids?
5. How did Donna have trouble understanding the concept of a herd of cows?
6. What kinds of foods did Donna eat?
7. How did Donna ruin the furs at the shop where she worked and what happened as a result?
8. How did Donna lose herself as a child?
9. How did Donna feel about the sound of the piano?
10. How did Donna's father begin to act as she got older?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)