Page 3 through 14
• As a child, one of Donna's first memories was of seeing light which, when she looked closely, contained many spots.
• She was "echolalic" or repetitively said words until she reaches four years old.
• There were signs of malnutrition in the young Donna.
• Her parents took her to the doctor suspecting she had leukemia.
• Donna counted only a few people who were not her enemies such as her grandparents, her father and her Aunty Linda.
• The fights Donna's parents had over her fractured their relationship.
• Her mother eventually deteriorated from isolation and alcohol.
• As a little girl Donna had two imaginary friends---the wisps and a pair of green eyes she called Willie who hid under her bed.
Pages 15 through 29
• Donna had fleeting memories of being in the park on the see-saw.
• She loved a little girl in her neighborhood named Lina.
• Another neighbor, a nice girl named...
This section contains 2,375 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)