|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Suslev think he needs protection?
2. Who calls Ian during his dinner with Casey?
3. Who tells Tiptop about Sevrin?
4. Who coached Orlanda on what she was to tell Bartlett on their date?
5. Where was the remaining member of the Werewolves being interrogated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan for kidnapping Ian?
2. What does Paul Choy take from the body of Four Fingers Wu?
3. What does Armstrong have to remind himself when he is interrogating Kwok?
4. What was the disagreement between Casey and Bartlett at breakfast on the morning of the big race?
5. What is Ian's initial reaction to Grant's letter about the spy group?
6. What information does Gornt not know about the Struan business?
7. What happens in Four Fingers Wu's family after the mudslide?
8. Where does Grant suggest that Ian invest and why?
9. Why is Suslev not happy about his interrogation at police headquarters?
10. What is the deal that will be announced in the racetrack clubhouse before the big race with a formal announcement to follow on Monday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters: Lincoln Bartlett, Casey Tcholok, or Paul Choy. Discuss how that character developed through the novel. Include any specific event or encounter that was a catalyst for change.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the author chose Hong Kong for the setting of this book. Would it have made a difference if he had chosen a different setting? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between static and dynamic characters. Then choose one example of each type of character from the book. Explain how these characters meet the definition of static or dynamic. Be specific using examples from the book.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)