|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kwok say the Chinese will test a nuclear bomb?
2. Whom does Ian send with Chen to get the papers that Chen has?
3. Who calls Ian during his dinner with Casey?
4. Suslev goes to the police station with what other person?
5. Where do Casey and Bartlett agree to meet at 8 pm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the end of the big race?
2. What deal to Sinders and Ian make?
3. What files does Ian give to Sinders?
4. What happens when Ian calls Kwok's office after waiting for him and he doesn't come?
5. What does Ian threaten to do if Kwok is not released?
6. What happens in Four Fingers Wu's family after the mudslide?
7. What happens to Suslev after the landslide?
8. What happens when Paul Choy asks his father for money to gamble in the stock market?
9. Ian is so involved in the money end of the deal with the Tiptop and the Struan stock that he does not realize what?
10. Why is Suslev not happy about his interrogation at police headquarters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the gun-smuggling incident. What is its significance? Did it start a chain of events? If so, explain the chain of events.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose or role of the landslide to the story.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major conflicts in "Noble House" is the conflict between the two major houses: Struan's and Rothwell-Gornt's. Discuss which of the four types of conflicts this is and why. Then give an example from the book of each of the other three kinds of conflict, describing the conflict and its resolution.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)