|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie Kirk give to Ian from Grant?
2. Whom does Suslev meet with who is a specialist in chemical interrogation?
3. Whom does Ian tell to make the financial deal with Mata and Tightfist Tung?
4. Who won the big race?
5. Whom is Suslev waiting for at the safe house the night before Sinders arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the deal that will be announced in the racetrack clubhouse before the big race with a formal announcement to follow on Monday?
2. What is Casey's mood when she finds out that Bartlett is going out without her?
3. What does Choy want from Ian in return for the half-coin?
4. What is the plan for kidnapping Ian?
5. What does Armstrong have to remind himself when he is interrogating Kwok?
6. What is in Grant's letter to Ian about the Soviet spy group in Hong Kong?
7. What happens when Paul Choy asks his father for money to gamble in the stock market?
8. What is the deal that Casey offers Ian?
9. What files does Ian give to Sinders?
10. What happens when Ian calls Kwok's office after waiting for him and he doesn't come?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the reader learn about tai-pans and the Hong Kong business world from the description of the closely guarded ceremony when Ian Dunross became tai-pan?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ian Dunross and Quillan Gornt. Be specific. Among other things include emotional traits, relationships with people, business relationships, familial ties, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of conspiracy in "Noble House". Include at least three specific conspiracies, describing them, who is involved and their relationship to the plot.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)