|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Yu move?
2. Whom does Ian send with Chen to get the papers that Chen has?
3. What is the Red Room?
4. Where was Ian going to meet with Tiptop?
5. What does Grant tell Ian about Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What files does Ian give to Sinders?
2. What is the deal that Casey offers Ian?
3. What happens in Four Fingers Wu's family after the mudslide?
4. What was the disagreement between Casey and Bartlett at breakfast on the morning of the big race?
5. What does Armstrong have to remind himself when he is interrogating Kwok?
6. What is Ian's initial reaction to Grant's letter about the spy group?
7. Why is Suslev not happy about his interrogation at police headquarters?
8. Where does Grant suggest that Ian invest and why?
9. What does Gornt tell Bartlett about Orlanda?
10. What does Ian threaten to do if Kwok is not released?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters: Lincoln Bartlett, Casey Tcholok, or Paul Choy. Discuss how that character developed through the novel. Include any specific event or encounter that was a catalyst for change.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose or role of the landslide to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the East-West culture clash that occurs in this book. Be specific using examples from the story.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)