|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was buried in Phillip Chen's garden?
2. Whom does Crosse tell Kwok that he thinks is the mole?
3. Where is Shi-teh's party going to be held?
4. Where is the KGB safe house?
5. What two families have been rivals and enemies for many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sinclair Towers?
2. Crosse wants to find the link between Bartlett's arrival and what?
3. Briefly describe how Ian plans to make money in the stock market.
4. What does Suslev discuss with Crosse at the race track?
5. Who is Paul Choy and what is his educational background?
6. What happens to Tsu-yan?
7. Why does Bartlett want to put together a deal with Gornt for them to loan money to Ian?
8. What does the half-coin that was missing represent to Phillip Chen?
9. What is the Philby incident?
10. Who tried to blackmail Armstrong and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ian Dunross and Quillan Gornt. Be specific. Among other things include emotional traits, relationships with people, business relationships, familial ties, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall tone and mood of "Noble House" using examples from the book to support your answer. Include in your answer the definition of tone and mood. If you think that the tone and/or mood changed significantly throughout the book, discuss the changes, using specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the concepts of heroes and villains. Then choose two of the following characters: Casey Tcholok, Brian Kwok, Paul Choy, Orlanda Ramos, or Four Finger Wu. Discuss whether they are heroes or villains in this story. Be specific using examples from the book. If you think they were neither heroes nor villains, then explain why using examples from the book.
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)