|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who disrupts Shi-teh's party?
(a) A fire.
(b) The police.
(c) A fight.
2. Who comes with Lincoln Bartlett to Hong Kong?
(a) Susan Woo.
(b) Casey Tcholok.
(c) Alexander Baker.
(d) John Bartlett.
3. What business is Lando Mata involved in?
(a) Gambling and gold smuggling.
4. Whom does Ian want to call before he gives Crosse the files he wants?
(d) Sir Geoffrey.
5. Who wrote the report about the spy ring and was secretly on Ian's payroll?
(c) Alan Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the murderer of John Chen?
2. Who reneges on a letter of credit to Ian?
3. Who told Armstrong and Kwok about the spy ring in Hong Kong?
4. Who asks Alexi for information on Ian?
5. Where was John Chen's body found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the existence of Soviet spy ring in Hong Kong suggest to the police?
2. Why does Bartlett come to Hong Kong?
3. What was the deal that Mata offered Ian from the syndicate?
4. What particular instructions did Four Fingers Wu give to his men regarding John Chen?
5. What do Kwok and Crosse want from Ian and what do they tell Ian if he doesn't give it to him?
6. What is the Philby incident?
7. Briefly describe how Ian plans to make money in the stock market.
8. Why did Casey tell Ian Dunross that the deal between Ian and Bartlett was off?
9. What does Ian Dunross tell Noble House about his plans for the company when he becomes tai-pan?
10. What did Phillip Chen find in his son's safety deposit box?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)