|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much credit does Ian want to set up with Havergill?
(a) $.5 million.
(b) $2 million.
(c) $5 million.
(d) $1 million.
2. What was in the shoebox that was delivered to the Chens?
(a) Blackmail note.
(b) A human finger.
(d) A human ear.
3. Who ran by foot into mainland China?
(c) Richard Kwang.
(d) Wu Fang.
4. Where did Phillip Chen go to pay the ransom?
(a) A boat in Hong Kong harbor.
(b) Kowloon City.
(c) Green Dragon Restaurant.
(d) Hong Kong hotel.
5. Where is the KGB safe house?
(a) Gornt Towers.
(b) Sinclair Towers.
(c) Hong Kong Towers.
(d) Harborside Towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching the American nuclear carrier?
2. How many points are included in the pledge that the Noble House tai-pan takes?
3. Where does Gornt go to meet with Jason Plumm?
4. Who tells Ian that Gornt has foreign financing behind him?
5. Who is Banastasio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Suslev discuss with Crosse at the race track?
2. What does Ian Dunross tell Noble House about his plans for the company when he becomes tai-pan?
3. Why does Gornt introduce Bartlett to Orlanda Ramos?
4. Briefly describe how Ian plans to make money in the stock market.
5. Why does Bartlett want to put together a deal with Gornt for them to loan money to Ian?
6. As part of the procedure for becoming the tai-pan of Noble House, the new tai-pan must take a pledge and swear to what?
7. What evidence is there that Kwok is a Chinese mole?
8. Who is Paul Choy and what is his educational background?
9. What orders does Captain Gregor Suslev receive?
10. Why does Bartlett come to Hong Kong?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)