|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the shoebox that was delivered to the Chens?
(b) A human ear.
(c) Blackmail note.
(d) A human finger.
2. Who does Smyth discover refuses to accept payoffs?
3. What type of information does Bartlett give to Gornt?
(a) Financial information on the Ho-Pak bank.
(b) Financial information about the Noble House.
(c) Information on the gun smuggling.
(d) Personal information on Ian.
4. What stock is Ian planning to sell?
(a) Par-Con (Europe)
(b) Par-Con (Asia)
(d) Asian Trading Company.
5. Who plans to marry Bartlett?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who departed for Taipei after hearing of the arrests for the gun smuggling?
2. What stock does Gornt sell short on a pre-arranged signal?
3. With whom did Ian ask Claudio to set up a meeting?
4. Who is Alexi Ivanovitch Travkin?
5. What does Rosemont tell Crosse about Grant's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Suslev discuss with Crosse at the race track?
2. Briefly describe how Ian plans to make money in the stock market.
3. Why does Gornt introduce Bartlett to Orlanda Ramos?
4. What is Gornt's goal in making a deal with Bartlett?
5. What does Ian Dunross tell Noble House about his plans for the company when he becomes tai-pan?
6. What happens to Tsu-yan?
7. What does the half-coin that was missing represent to Phillip Chen?
8. Why does Bartlett come to Hong Kong?
9. What do Kwok and Crosse want from Ian and what do they tell Ian if he doesn't give it to him?
10. Why does Bartlett want to put together a deal with Gornt for them to loan money to Ian?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)