|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stock does Gornt sell short on a pre-arranged signal?
(a) Asian Trading.
2. Who is Dr. Meng?
(a) A university professor.
(b) Bartlett's friend.
(c) Chen's private physician.
(d) Police pathologist.
3. To whose house does Ian drive after lunch?
(a) Phillip Chen.
4. Who invites Bartlett and Casey to Shi-teh's party?
5. Where does Gornt go to meet with Jason Plumm?
(a) Plumm's penthouse.
(b) Gornt's office.
(c) Plumm's office.
(d) The bank.
6. Whom does Ian agree to meet with later for a drink?
7. Who told Ian Dunross about the gun smuggling?
(a) Linc Bartlett.
(b) Brian Kwok.
(c) Phillip Chen.
(d) Quillan Gornt.
8. Where is the KGB safe house?
(a) Sinclair Towers.
(b) Gornt Towers.
(c) Harborside Towers.
(d) Hong Kong Towers.
9. Why did Ian go the Happy Valley Race Track on Wednesday morning?
(a) To meet with Gornt.
(b) To meet with the police.
(c) To check on what was happening at the track.
(d) To exercise his horses.
10. Who is Banastasio?
(a) An American gangster.
(b) An assistant to Bartlett.
(c) An Italian mobster.
(d) A lawyer.
11. Where is Shi-teh's party going to be held?
(a) Floating Dragon Restaurant.
(b) Kowloon Harbor Club.
(c) Hong Kong Hotel.
(d) Shi-teh's penthouse.
12. Where did Phillip Chen go to pay the ransom?
(a) Green Dragon Restaurant.
(b) Hong Kong hotel.
(c) A boat in Hong Kong harbor.
(d) Kowloon City.
13. Who loaned money to Dirk Struan in order to save the Noble House?
(a) Chen's ancestors.
(b) Gornt's ancestors.
(c) Dunross's ancestors.
(d) Chu-toy Wu.
14. The FBI thinks there is a big gun smuggling operation from the United States to Hong Kong because how many M14s have gone missing in the past few months?
(a) About 1000.
(b) About 200.
(c) About 700.
(d) About 500.
15. Who reneges on a letter of credit to Ian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the spy ring's contact in New York?
2. What is the name of the captain of the Sovetsky Ivanov?
3. Who tries to blackmail Armstrong?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly at the party at Ian Dunross's?
5. At the start of the novel, who was the tai-pan of Noble House?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)