|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ian agree to meet with later for a drink?
2. Who is watching the American nuclear carrier?
(a) The police.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) Counter intelligence.
3. Where did Phillip Chen go to pay the ransom?
(a) Green Dragon Restaurant.
(b) A boat in Hong Kong harbor.
(c) Kowloon City.
(d) Hong Kong hotel.
4. Who arrives unexpectedly at the party at Ian Dunross's?
5. Who departed for Taipei after hearing of the arrests for the gun smuggling?
(b) Phillip Chen.
(c) John Chen.
(d) The Chinese mechanic at the airport.
6. Who tells Ian that Gornt has foreign financing behind him?
7. Who is Nestorova?
(a) A horse trainer.
(b) Wife of Suslev.
(c) A spy.
(d) Wife of Travkin.
8. Whom does Smiler Ching call a High Tiger of the White Powders?
(c) Four Fingers Wu.
9. What is the name of Ian's sister who is introduced to Casey?
10. Who is Alexi Ivanovitch Travkin?
(a) A friend of Gornt's.
(b) Kwok's broker.
(c) A KGB spy.
(d) Ian's horse trainer.
11. What stock is Ian planning to sell?
(b) Par-Con (Europe)
(c) Asian Trading Company.
(d) Par-Con (Asia)
12. Marlowe tells Armstrong that the arms that were smuggled into Hong Kong were intended for whom?
(a) Drug smugglers.
(b) Street gangs.
(c) Vietcong guerrillas.
13. Who explained how the gold smuggling operations function to Ian Dunross?
14. What was in the shoebox that was delivered to the Chens?
(a) A human ear.
(c) Blackmail note.
(d) A human finger.
15. Who invites Bartlett and Casey to Shi-teh's party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ian want to call before he gives Crosse the files he wants?
2. What or who disrupts Shi-teh's party?
3. At the start of the novel, who was the tai-pan of Noble House?
4. Where is Shi-teh's party going to be held?
5. To whose house does Ian drive after lunch?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)