|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much ransom did the Werewolves demand from Phillip Chen for his son John?
(c) $1.5 million.
(d) $1 million.
2. Who pushed Ian Dunross's father out of the role of tai-pan of the Noble House?
(a) Alastair Struan.
(b) John Chen.
(c) Ian Dunross.
(d) Diane Chen.
3. Who loaned money to Dirk Struan in order to save the Noble House?
(a) Gornt's ancestors.
(b) Chen's ancestors.
(c) Dunross's ancestors.
(d) Chu-toy Wu.
4. From whom does Richard Kwang negotiate a loan?
5. Where was John Chen's body found?
(a) Boat on Kowloon bay.
(b) Hong Kong harbor.
(c) Sha Tin Road.
(d) The Werewolves safe house.
6. What is the name of the ship that was impounded in India for smuggling gold?
(a) Eastern Cloud.
(b) Sovetsky Ivanov.
(d) Golden Bamboo.
7. Where did Phillip Chen go to pay the ransom?
(a) Hong Kong hotel.
(b) Kowloon City.
(c) Green Dragon Restaurant.
(d) A boat in Hong Kong harbor.
8. When Ian refuses to give Kwok the files he wants, what does Kwok threaten to do?
(a) Make some damaging information public.
(b) Take over as tai-pan.
(c) Put Ian in jail.
(d) Use the Special Powers Act.
9. Where is Shi-teh's party going to be held?
(a) Shi-teh's penthouse.
(b) Floating Dragon Restaurant.
(c) Hong Kong Hotel.
(d) Kowloon Harbor Club.
10. What was in the shoebox that was delivered to the Chens?
(a) A human ear.
(b) Blackmail note.
(c) A human finger.
11. Who tries to blackmail Armstrong?
12. Who is Alexi Ivanovitch Travkin?
(a) A friend of Gornt's.
(b) A KGB spy.
(c) Ian's horse trainer.
(d) Kwok's broker.
13. Where does Crosse agree that Ian can put the files that he wants?
(a) Ho-Pak Bank.
(b) The safe in his office.
(c) Victoria Bank.
(d) The safe in his study.
14. Who is watching the American nuclear carrier?
(a) The Soviets.
(b) The Chinese.
(c) Counter intelligence.
(d) The police.
15. Who told Ian Dunross about the gun smuggling?
(a) Brian Kwok.
(b) Quillan Gornt.
(c) Phillip Chen.
(d) Linc Bartlett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the Chens and Ian blame for the kidnapping of John Chen?
2. Who called Mata from Taipei?
3. At the start of the novel who was the compradore of Noble House?
4. Whom does Crosse fill out a Detainment Order for?
5. Who introduced Casey to Gornt at the party?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)