• Noble House is the biggest and most important trading house in Hon Kong.
• The prologue occurs 3 years before the story begins.
• In the prologue, Ian Dunross is sworn in as the new tai-pan for Noble House in a secret and closely guarded ceremony.
• Philip Chen is the compradore.
• Noble House/Struan (Alastair Struan was the previous tai-pan) and Rothwell-Gornt have been enemies for years.
• The story begins at the airport.
• Lincoln Bartlett, an American millionaire and corporate raider, arrives on his charter plane with Casey Tcholok, a beautiful lady who is executive VP of Par-Con Industries, one of Bartlett's companies.
• Bartlett is met by John Chen and Robert Armstrong, Kowloon CID.
• Bartlett is trying to undermine the business of Noble House by targeting Struan's, Rothwell-Gornt, and Asian Properties by buying share of their stock.
• Casey arrives at Noble House for a meeting with Ian and his staff...
This section contains 2,237 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)