|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who calls Number 44 arrogant do to Number 44?
2. Who is Marget's dream self in love with?
3. What does August have to do before Emil can go traveling?
4. Who calls Number 44 arrogant?
5. What does Number 44 do to fulfill his threat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different stages of August's friendship with Number 44, and how do these stages affect August and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)