|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Skeleton is August most excited to see?
2. What year is the silver service from Number 44 from?
3. What does August do while the people recover from the affects of Number 44's magic?
4. Who does August's duplicate think can free him from his fleshly prison?
5. Why does Emil not want to marry Marget?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Marget's maid is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different stages of August's friendship with Number 44, and how do these stages affect August and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)