|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Number 44 do while he plays an instrument?
2. What does Number 44 call himself after he is called arrogant?
3. How does Number 44 feel about the curse placed on him?
4. What does Number 44 tell Emil to do when he asks to be freed?
5. What does Katrina use to try and kill Balthasar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different stages of August's friendship with Number 44, and how do these stages affect August and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)