|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August do with the silver cup given to him by Number 44?
2. How does Number 44 talk as he is turning back time?
3. What does Number 44 NOT feel after playing his instrument for a while?
4. What year is the silver service from Number 44 from?
5. Who does August's duplicate think can free him from his fleshly prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief is a literary tool used well by Mark Twain in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Marget's maid is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)