|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname given to Number 44?
2. What does Adolf say giving the masses information will lead to?
3. What time does Number 44 finally show up on the day August wants to befriend him?
4. How many coins does August find in his room after completing his prayer after helping Number 44?
5. Who lends August the coins he needs to complete his prayer after helping Number 44?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lives in the castle with the Steins, and what do they do?
2. What does Ernest report to Heinrich about the printing shop while he is talking with Doangivadam?
3. How does Number 44 fulfill his threat to the tribe?
4. What does the tribe do when they see that the university job has been completed?
5. Who takes the blame off of Number 44 for his magic abilities, and what logic is used to do so?
6. What happens when the stranger approaches the dog?
7. How does the church in Austria view the art of printing?
8. What happens when Heinrich thanks the tribe for their help in completing the university job?
9. What does August do to try and get a chance to get Marget to love his physical self?
10. When is Marget in love with August?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
August endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of the book, and what role does it play in the plot of the book?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)