|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the entities do when Heinrich finds the work being done?
2. Where is the print shop located?
3. What does Katrina ask the tribe to do when a curse is placed on someone?
4. Where does Heinrich's friend work from normally?
5. What does Katrina want to do with the stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil tell August about while they wait for Number 44 to arrive?
2. What big project does Heinrich have to complete, and what does he need in order complete it?
3. What does Adolf say will happen if information is given to the masses?
4. What happens while August and Number 44 talk in Number 44's room for the first time?
5. What do August and Number 44 see when they go to help load the wagons with the completed university job?
6. What happens when Katrina sees number 44 again?
7. What happens when the stranger approaches the dog?
8. What does August do when he gets sad or stressed?
9. How does the tribe explain the stranger's oddities?
10. What happens after August tries to get Marget to love his real self?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the title of the book, and what role does it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Marget's maid is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)