|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many coins does August find in his room after completing his prayer after helping Number 44?
2. How does the tribe realize that August is helping Number 44 in his new position?
(a) They see him talking to number 44.
(b) His own work is not as good that day.
(c) They see the hand signs.
(d) They see that Number 44 keeps looking at August.
3. Who refuses to work on the day of the deadline for the University job?
(a) Number 44 and August.
(b) Katrina and Doangivadam.
(c) The tribe.
(d) Frau Regen and Marget.
4. What is the name of the narrator's master?
5. What does the stranger ask for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does August use to describe the stranger?
2. Who gets to choose where the occupants of the castle stay?
3. Who asks that the friendship between August and Number 44 be kept private?
4. How old does the stranger look?
5. How old is the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after August tries to get Marget to love his real self?
2. What happens every time Father Adolf tries to punish the duplicates?
3. What does Number 44 say all of humanity really is?
4. What concepts does Number 44 try to teach August about after their journeys together?
5. What does Emil ask of August when he comes to August's room?
6. Who has hired Balthasar and why?
7. How is the art of printing seen in Austria when this book begins, and why?
8. What does Frau Stein try to do to the stranger many times?
9. What do August and Number 44 see when they go to help load the wagons with the completed university job?
10. Who offers to load the university job to the wagons, and why?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)