|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say the setting of this book is ideal for?
(d) Rich folk.
2. Who says that Balthasar should be held accountable for all the power Number 44 has?
3. Who trips Number 44 when he has a tray of type for a Latin Bible?
4. What does Hienrich want to do with the stranger?
(a) Feed him dinner.
(b) Hire him in the print shop.
(c) Turn him in to the authorities.
(d) Throw him out.
5. What does the tribe do after the Bible gets printed?
(a) Sleep for two days.
(b) Refuse to work with August.
(c) Fire Number 44.
(d) Go on strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many coins does August need to say his prayer after helping Number 44?
2. What does Katrina want to do with the stranger?
3. What is Heinrich's occupation?
4. How does the tribe realize that August is helping Number 44 in his new position?
5. What time of day does the stranger appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does August find when he returns to his room after speaking with Number 44 for the first time?
2. How does Number 44 fulfill his threat to the tribe?
3. What happens when the stranger approaches the dog?
4. What happens in the days that follow the fulfillment of Number 44's threat?
5. When is Marget in love with August?
6. How does August help Number 44 do his work on his first day as an apprentice?
7. What does Number 44 say all of humanity really is?
8. What does the tribe get jealous of Number 44 for?
9. What does Katrina ask when a curse is placed on Number 44?
10. What does August do when he wakes to find Emil in his room?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)