|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tribe get jealous of Number 44 for?
(a) For his patience.
(b) For having power over the dog.
(c) For being the instrument of the magician.
(d) For his kind nature and youth.
2. How many coins does August need to say his prayer after helping Number 44?
3. What is Heinrich's occupation?
4. What does Number 44 tell the dog to do to Heinrich?
(a) Lick his hand in respect.
(b) Fetch his slippers.
(c) Bow to him.
(d) Roll over.
5. What does the person accused of causing the invisible workers promise to do if his will is not obeyed?
(a) Leave the castle on his own.
(b) Burn Number 44.
(c) Kill August.
(d) Protect the tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides Number 44 with new clothes?
2. What needs to be done on the day of the university deadline?
3. Where does the tribe take the person they think is responsible for the magic?
4. What is the name of the man who finds the work being done?
5. What word does August use many times to describe Heinrich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil tell August about while they wait for Number 44 to arrive?
2. What does Balthasar do when Number 44 fulfills his threat to the tribe?
3. How does August help Number 44 do his work on his first day as an apprentice?
4. What happens in the days that follow the fulfillment of Number 44's threat?
5. How does Moses try and get Number 44 in trouble, and what happens in the end?
6. What does Number 44 tell the dog to do for Heinrich?
7. What does Number 44 show August on their first journey together?
8. What does August do when he wakes to find Emil in his room?
9. What does Katrina ask when a curse is placed on Number 44?
10. What does August do to try and get a chance to get Marget to love his physical self?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)