|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator?
2. What does August call the group of people living at the castle?
(a) The tribe.
(b) The group.
(c) The gathereds.
(d) The family.
3. Whom is a curse placed on after the magic surrounding the day of the deadline is discovered?
(a) Number 44.
(c) The Tribe.
4. How is Heinrich related to Frau Regen?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his aunt.
5. Why does Number 44 say August should not be ashamed for his lack of spirit?
(a) He did not create himself.
(b) He is very young.
(c) He is not in control yet.
(d) He has much to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that the men Heinrich thanked for help had really done nothing?
2. What time does Number 44 finally show up on the day August wants to befriend him?
3. What does the tribe get jealous of Number 44 for?
4. What do the entities do when Heinrich finds the work being done?
5. What do all the people in the castle gather around in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the days that follow the fulfillment of Number 44's threat?
2. What does Ernest report to Heinrich about the printing shop while he is talking with Doangivadam?
3. What happens when Emil asks Number 44 to set him free?
4. What questions does Number 44 ask August about God before he disappears?
5. What does Number 44 do when he sees that August wants to befriend him?
6. What big project does Heinrich have to complete, and what does he need in order complete it?
7. What happens every time Father Adolf tries to punish the duplicates?
8. What do August and Number 44 see when they go to help load the wagons with the completed university job?
9. How does Moses try and get Number 44 in trouble, and what happens in the end?
10. What does August do when he wakes to find Emil in his room?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)