|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katrina use to try and kill Balthasar?
(a) A spear.
(b) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
2. What does August do while the people recover from the affects of Number 44's magic?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Has some lunch.
3. What form does August choose to follow Number 44 in when he goes to meet the people?
(a) His dream self.
(b) His duplicate self.
(c) His original self.
(d) His invisible self.
4. What does Number 44 NOT feel after playing his instrument for a while?
5. What song does the visitor to August's dark room sing for him?
(a) A Hymn of Praise.
(b) De Swanee River.
(c) The National Anthem.
(d) Sailing the Ocean Blue.
6. Why does Emil not want to marry Marget?
(a) He is not human.
(b) She deserves better.
(c) She is a trivial person.
(d) He does not love her.
7. Why does Number 44 say he feels the way he does about his curse?
(a) He has seen people die in that way before.
(b) Curses are not real.
(c) At home, things like that don't worry him.
(d) Balthasar has no real power.
8. What is the cat's new name?
9. What is the name of August's duplicate?
10. What does Number 44 call himself after he is called arrogant?
(a) The sorcerer.
(b) The leader.
(c) The magician.
(d) The master.
11. What is the weather like when Number 44 is taken before the people?
(a) Sunny and warm.
(b) Cold and gloomy.
(d) Snowy and cold.
12. How does the transformed person feel?
13. What does Number 44 tell Emil to do when he asks to be freed?
14. Where does Number 44 say the duplicates are from?
(c) The other side.
(d) The spirit realm.
15. Which of the following is NOT a person that Number 44 mentions wanting at his event?
(a) Henry I.
(b) Robert Bruce.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears just before Number 44 appears in his original image?
2. What does the man who calls Number 44 arrogant do to Number 44?
3. What is the name of August's dream self?
4. What does August try to do to help Number 44 with his curse?
5. Who does August's duplicate think can free him from his fleshly prison?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)