|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the silver service from Number 44 from?
2. Why does Number 44 say he feels the way he does about his curse?
(a) At home, things like that don't worry him.
(b) Balthasar has no real power.
(c) Curses are not real.
(d) He has seen people die in that way before.
3. Where does Number 44 say he has been when he appears after his burial?
(d) The Vatican.
4. Who is Marget's dream self in love with?
(b) Number 44.
(c) August's physical being.
(d) August's dream self.
5. What does Number 44 do to fulfill his threat?
(a) Causes the men to forget their words.
(b) Brings in duplicates of the men.
(c) Makes the men tire easily.
(d) Makes the men speak irrationally to Heinrich.
6. What does the silver cup Number 44 brought for August say on it?
(a) Pulitzer Prize.
(b) Stanley Cup.
(c) World Cup.
(d) The President's Service.
7. Who warns Number 44 that the people are coming for him?
(d) The cat.
8. What does Number 44 say he will be when he disappears?
(a) A memory.
(b) A feeling.
(c) A dream.
(d) A thought.
9. Who has grieved the most for the killed Number 44?
10. Why are the people searching for Number 44?
(a) To destroy him.
(b) To punish him.
(c) To honor him.
(d) To question him.
11. What does the man who calls Number 44 arrogant do to Number 44?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Takes his hat.
(d) Pulls his hair.
12. How does Adolf try to punish the duplicates?
(a) Imprison them.
(b) Behead them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Toture them.
13. What does Number 44 say he wants to do when the people come looking for him?
(a) Use his powers.
(b) Teach a lesson.
(c) Cause trouble.
(d) Have fun.
14. What appears just before Number 44 appears in his original image?
(a) A stream of fire.
(b) A flash of light.
(c) A deep darkness.
(d) A bolt of lightning.
15. What does Number 44 NOT feel after playing his instrument for a while?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does August feel about the concepts Number 44 tries to teach him?
2. How does Marget's maid distinguish the duplicate August from the real August?
3. What does Emil do just before he vanishes forever?
4. What form does August choose to follow Number 44 in when he goes to meet the people?
5. Where does Emil say he is from?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)