|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cat's new name?
2. How does Adolf try to punish the duplicates?
(a) Imprison them.
(b) Toture them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Behead them.
3. What does Number 44 bring for dinner when he returns after his burial?
(a) A side of beef.
(b) A duck.
(c) Salt pork.
(d) Corn dogs.
4. What does August do while the people recover from the affects of Number 44's magic?
(a) Has some lunch.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a nap.
5. What does the man who calls Number 44 arrogant do to Number 44?
(a) Pulls his hair.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Takes his hat.
(d) Slaps him.
6. What instrument can Number 44 play?
(a) Mouth Harp.
7. Who has grieved the most for the killed Number 44?
8. Who visits August while he is hiding in his dark room?
(a) An African American slave.
(b) His duplicate.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) Number 44.
9. Which of the following is NOT a person that Number 44 mentions wanting at his event?
(a) Henry I.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Robert Bruce.
10. What does Emil look down on August for?
(a) Being obtuse.
(b) Being human.
(c) Being young.
(d) Being in love.
11. What does August try to do to help Number 44 with his curse?
(a) Hypnotize him.
(b) Convert him.
(c) Help him sleep.
(d) Sing to him.
12. How does August feel about the concepts Number 44 tries to teach him?
(a) He gets angry about them.
(b) He is eager to learn more.
(c) He does not understand them.
(d) He does not like them.
13. What does Number 44 say does not exist in the last chapter?
(a) A next life.
(b) A God.
(c) A second chance.
(d) A free world.
14. Who does August fall in love with?
(b) Number 44.
(c) Frau Stein.
(d) Frau Regen.
15. How does Number 44 talk as he is turning back time?
(d) Incredibly high pitched.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trying the hardest to find Balthasar?
2. What song does the visitor to August's dark room sing for him?
3. Who calls Number 44 arrogant?
4. What encumbrances do the duplicates not have?
5. What does Emil have no sense of?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)