|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tribe sure Heinrich will not give up to disobey their orders?
(a) Their skill.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His contract.
(d) A profit.
2. What does the narrator say the emphasis is at the setting of this book?
3. Who provides Number 44 with new clothes?
4. What is Adolf's occupation?
5. What does the stranger ask for?
6. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(b) Printer's apprentice.
7. How does August feel about the way the tribe treats Number 44?
(a) He is amused by it.
(b) He understands it.
(c) He finds it childish.
(d) He hates it.
8. How many coins does August need to say his prayer after helping Number 44?
9. How does the tribe realize that August is helping Number 44 in his new position?
(a) They see that Number 44 keeps looking at August.
(b) His own work is not as good that day.
(c) They see the hand signs.
(d) They see him talking to number 44.
10. Who refuses to work on the day of the deadline for the University job?
(a) Katrina and Doangivadam.
(b) Number 44 and August.
(c) Frau Regen and Marget.
(d) The tribe.
11. What does August do when he gets stressed?
12. What is Heinrich's occupation?
13. What does Number 44 never deny being?
(a) A peacekeeper.
(b) A strange boy.
(c) A Catholic.
(d) An escaped prisoner.
14. How does Number 44 respond to the bad treatment from the tribe?
(a) He does not seem to notice.
(b) He laughs it off.
(c) He cries in private.
(d) He gets angry and runs off.
15. What do all the people in the castle gather around in the kitchen?
(a) The portrait.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The table.
(d) The carving station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a prank pulled on Number 44 and August after their friendship is discovered?
2. What does Number 44 tell the dog to do to Heinrich?
3. What does the tribe call Number 44 when he stops fights?
4. How old does the stranger look?
5. What does Hienrich want to do with the stranger?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)