|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Number 44 do when he sees August wants to be his friend?
(a) Ignores the gesture.
2. How does Number 44 say he has been feeling when August befriends him?
3. Where does Hienrich think the stranger came from after hearing the strange name?
(a) An internment camp.
(c) The hospital.
(d) An asylum.
4. What does the person accused of causing the invisible workers promise to do if his will is not obeyed?
(a) Protect the tribe.
(b) Leave the castle on his own.
(c) Kill August.
(d) Burn Number 44.
5. What is Adolf's occupation?
6. Who is Heinrich waiting for to help him with his next big job?
7. What religion do most of the people in this book follow?
8. Why does Number 44 say August should not be ashamed for his lack of spirit?
(a) He has much to lose.
(b) He is very young.
(c) He did not create himself.
(d) He is not in control yet.
9. Who helps August pray after he is discovered helping Number 44?
(a) Frau Regen.
(c) Frau Stein.
10. What is the occupation of the friend Heinrich is waiting for?
11. How old does the stranger look?
12. Where does the tribe take the person they think is responsible for the magic?
(a) The dungeon.
(b) The town square.
(c) The church.
(d) The high tower.
13. Where does August decide to befriend Number 44?
(a) In the garden.
(b) Katrina's room.
(c) In the print shop.
(d) Number 44's room.
14. Where is the print shop located?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The upper tower.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) The ballroom.
15. Which of the following is NOT a prank pulled on Number 44 and August after their friendship is discovered?
(a) Shaving their heads.
(b) Ruining trays of type.
(c) Throwing objects at them.
(d) Putting ice down their backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the castle the narrator works in?
2. What position does Heinrich give Number 44 after he becomes friends with August?
3. What does the tribe do after the Bible gets printed?
4. What does the tribe do to try and prove Number 44 wrong on his first day in the new position?
5. What is so strange about the entities working on the job Heinrich had?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)