|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many coins does August find in his room after completing his prayer after helping Number 44?
2. How does Number 44 respond to the bad treatment from the tribe?
(a) He does not seem to notice.
(b) He gets angry and runs off.
(c) He laughs it off.
(d) He cries in private.
3. How does Number 44 say he has been feeling when August befriends him?
4. What does the stranger ask for?
5. Why does Number 44 say August should not be ashamed for his lack of spirit?
(a) He is not in control yet.
(b) He has much to lose.
(c) He is very young.
(d) He did not create himself.
6. What time does Number 44 finally show up on the day August wants to befriend him?
(b) 3:00 pm.
(c) 3:00 am.
7. How old is the narrator?
8. What time of day does the stranger appear?
(a) Lunch time.
(b) Breakfast time.
(d) Dinner time.
9. What is the name of the narrator?
10. Who does the tribe blame for the strange behavior of the dog?
(d) Number 44.
11. How does the tribe realize that August is helping Number 44 in his new position?
(a) They see him talking to number 44.
(b) They see that Number 44 keeps looking at August.
(c) His own work is not as good that day.
(d) They see the hand signs.
12. What is the next big job Heinrich has for?
(a) The University of Prague.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Austrian President.
13. What word does August use to describe the stranger?
14. Whom does August want to receive more attention from?
(a) Frau Stein.
(b) The master.
(c) The magician.
15. Who is the only person not worried about the curse when the magic of the deadline is discovered?
(c) Number 44.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does August feel about the way the tribe treats Number 44?
2. Who says that Balthasar should be held accountable for all the power Number 44 has?
3. What religion do most of the people in this book follow?
4. What does Katrina ask the tribe to do when a curse is placed on someone?
5. How does Heinrich feel while he is waiting for his friend to appear?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)