|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heinrich promise to do to offer more time for the last of the university job to be completed?
(a) Put rocks on the road to slow their coming.
(b) Keep the guests overnight.
(c) Pay double.
(d) Work with all his might.
2. What does the man who said he did not help with the deadline claim he said to men in the town?
(a) To spread rumors of Heinrich's poor ability.
(b) Not to take the job to help Heinrich.
(c) To keep the job from getting done.
(d) Not to let the wagons pass through the town.
3. Who trips Number 44 when he has a tray of type for a Latin Bible?
4. How old is the narrator?
5. How does the tribe feel about the position Heinrich gives Number 44?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They are furious.
(d) They are confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hienrich think the stranger came from after hearing the strange name?
2. Who frowns on Heinrich's occupation?
3. What does Frau Stein want to do with the stranger?
4. What is the name of the castle the narrator works in?
5. Where does Heinrich gather those who helped with the work on the day of hte deadline?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)